MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mushrif A

MH will commence flights to SYRIA

Effective end of this month, MH will fly 3x to Damascus, via DXB. Can MH pick-up pax from DXB to DAM?

Damascus is quite an exotic destination for MH.

This replaces the usual DXB-BEY services.

Good news for Imran, flights to Syrian can easily visit the sexy Syrian :pardon:

If on the A330-300...no way in hell. A330-200....anytime 8)

DAM...nice place. Im guessing MAS is trying to cash in on the evacuation efforts. From a business standpoint...fabulous. :good:

Effective end of this month, MH will fly 3x to Damascus, via DXB. Can MH pick-up pax from DXB to DAM?

Damascus is quite an exotic destination for MH.

This replaces the usual DXB-BEY services.

MH had traffic-rights on DXB-BEY v.v. afaik, not sure about DXB-DAM v.v. though :nea:

I think this is mainly due to the closing of BEY and the present instability in Lebanon... I don't foresee this as being permanent..

what do you all think?

Here's the story.

.ny

+++

July 25, 2006 18:40 PM

MAS Re-routes Dubai/Beirut Ops To Dubai/Damascus Return Services

KUALA LUMPUR, July 25 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines will start to operate the Dubai and Damascus flight three times a week from July 28 to August 29, 2006, to temporarily replace the suspended Dubai/Beirut return flights.

These flights have been activated to assist passengers whose travel to and from Beirut were disrupted following the closure of the Beirut International Airport, the national airline said in a statement Tuesday.

Flights MH 156 and MH 157, originally serving Beirut, will now be temporarily re-routed Kuala Lumpur/Dubai/Damascus and Damascus/Dubai/Kuala Lumpur respectively on Tuesday, Fridays and Sundays.

MH 156 departs Kuala Lumpur at 0735 hours to arrive Dubai at 1035 hours and will proceed to Damascus at 1135 hours to arrive at the Syrian capital at 1345 hours.

In the meantime, the return flight MH 157 departs Damascus the same day at 1530 hours and arrives in Dubai at 1930 hours. It departs Dubai at 2035 hours and will arrive Kuala Lumpur at 0800 hours the next day.

These flights will be operated using a 294-seater Airbus A330-300 aircraft.

Malaysia Airlines said it would review the overall operations of the return flights MH156/157 and would update on further schedule changes.

It added that flights to the Lebanese capital would resume once the airport was reopened.

Those who need more information can contact the airlines' call centre at 1-300-88-3000 (within Malaysia) and 603-7846-3000 (outside Malaysia).

-- BERNAMA

Thanx for the link Naim :good:

It's 333, extra capacity than regular one? I think this is not permanent, until the Lebanon-Isreal crisis over(or may be) and Beirut wants to repair their damaged runways, MH will fly back but not in year/s. Heard Syria also will get into the conflict, hmmmm, wonder what MH next option? Jordon?

Edited by Seth K

Heard Syria also will get into the conflict, hmmmm, wonder what MH next option? Jordon?

If Syria gets involved in this conflict (which I dont doubt they will as Israel will definitely move on to conquer), it would make air traffic to/over this area relatively unsafe and thus I hope MH will discontinue their flights to that area should Syria be attacked.

Safety is paramount...no point risking a missile attack.

I think this is mainly due to the closing of BEY and the present instability in Lebanon... I don't foresee this as being permanent..

what do you all think?

Yeah, i guess so. Probably just to provide another way for those Lebanese to get to a safer place ... 'cause i heard Syria ain't a safe place for Lebanese.

Following the suspension of our services into Beirut (BEY) more than a week

ago, effective 28 July 2006, we will commence services into the Syrian

capital of Damascus (DAM) from Dubai (DXB). The thrice weekly services will

be operated for a limited time until 29 August 2006.

Our flights have been activated to assist passengers whose travel to and

from Beirut were disrupted following the closure of the Beirut

International Airport.

Using a A330-300 aircraft, MH156 and MH157 originally serving Beirut, will

now be temporarily rerouted operating on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

At a glance our flights will operate as follows:-

MH156/KUL-DXB-DAM/0735hours (1345hours)

MH157/DAM-DXB-KUL/1530hours (0800hours - the next day).

Our customers will be updated when there are further schedule changes. We

will resume our flights to Lebanon's capital once the airport is reopened.

Sign in to follow this