MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS International Supersaver!

IPB Image

When I clicked on the promo fares, it directs to http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/ISS2006/promoRoutes.jsp. When it should actually go to http://www.bookonline-malaysiaairlines.com...promoRoutes.jsp

:rolleyes:

But good fares to Shanghai! Same as SIA's...

Also, very buggy! Click on "Plan and book" and you'll get Error 500: Unable to compile class for JSP /usr/WebSphere/AppServer/temp/aixweb2/server1/MalaysiaApp_war/MalaysiaApp.war/ISS2006/_calendar.java:6: Package com.mas.fsales.bean not found in import. import com.mas.fsales.bean.*; ^ 1 error

grrr

Same here, thats what i received too!! :(

Edwin, it said underneath the website for alternative method:

"You can also book at:

» Our Call Center at 1300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia)

» Your Travel Agent "

Apparently the airfare is REALLY expensive out of AKL:

Auckland › London NZD5,170*

Auckland › Amsterdam NZD5,170*

Auckland › Frankfurt NZD5,170*

Auckland › Kuala Lumpur NZD2,444*

Auckland › Penang NZD2,538*

Edited by S V Choong

SV, are those the "supersaver" fares? :o

hehehe maybe by "supersaver" they meant for themselves (MAS) and not the passenger :) hehehe

Guest Fendy

SV, those are business class fares

Same here, thats what i received too!! :(

Edwin, it said underneath the website for alternative method:

"You can also book at:

» Our Call Center at 1300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia)

» Your Travel Agent "

From AKL to HKG Economy Class Round Trip Ticket NZD 3,290

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Why MH then?!

From AKL to HKG Economy Class Round Trip Ticket NZD 3,290

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Why MH then?!

I think as pointed out by SV, these are Business Class fares :)

I think as pointed out by SV, these are Business Class fares :)

Edwin, :blink:

Business Class fare for EY seats and services?

It looks like Business Class fares but it doesn't say anywhere that it is business class... Did you guys read anywhere that it is business class fare?

KUL-HKG from MYR750 looks like a good deal to me. Plus around MYR450 it should be MYR1200/pax. Good deal! I wonder if TG has similar offer. I wish to take TG and trasit/stopover at Don Muang before it got replaced by the new airport.

Guest Fendy

It looks like Business Class fares but it doesn't say anywhere that it is business class... Did you guys read anywhere that it is business class fare?

doh! click on details, of course :D

On sale from 01 June to 30 June 2006

UK/EUROPE – Business Class: Round Trip

To : London#, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Paris, Rome, Frankfurt, Istanbul, Zurich

Travelling date: 01 Sept – 15 Nov 06

Round Trip Ticket NZD 5,170 - Business Class D

Child Fare: NZD 3,878

Travelling date: 01 June – 31 Aug 06

Round Trip Ticket NZD 5,885 - Business Class D

Child Fare: NZD 4,392

KUL-HKG from MYR750 looks like a good deal to me. Plus around MYR450 it should be MYR1200/pax. Good deal! I wonder if TG has similar offer. I wish to take TG and trasit/stopover at Don Muang before it got replaced by the new airport.

SQ is offering RM650 to HKG, but it's the 2 to travel promotion...

The supersaver fare may look cheap(ish) but wait till you add the tax + yada yada. Flight to PER is quoted as RM850 but the tax etc is another nearly RM800 more. Similarly last week SQ had an offer at RM800, but the tax etc is another RM850. For my flight to KIX last year, the tax etc was only RM153; now it's RM592. The extra charge to LHR is now also around RM800, i recall last year I only paid around RM250+.

Harga barang naik... gaji tak naik... <_<

Yes the fare published on Malaysia Airlines website do not include taxes and fees, this really p*** me off because from the customer point of view, the fares don't reflect how much one has to pay in total, therefore they are meaningless. AirAsia is doing the same thing too, a couple of years ago their taxes are only about RM16 for a domestic sector, now it is RM50!

I think all other major airlines are doing the same thing, the only exception i know is Emirates.

SQ is offering RM650 to HKG, but it's the 2 to travel promotion...

Yeap I saw that too soon after I check the price of MAS.

SQ is much cheaper than MAS IMO, was quoted MYR2128 for 2pax. (Thats exactly what I need, going with my mum to HKG, thats GV2 fare I believe). MYR670 fare + MYR 394 tax and fees. Fare is cheaper than MAS, ++ also cheaper than MAS. Most likely I'll go for this one. Moreover it's valid for 14days, not 7.

Btw, how do I know how much is the tax++ of MAS' supersaver? After selecting my destination, I was directed to the flight booking page, after choosing the flights I was quoted MYR1600++ each to HKG.

Yeap I saw that too soon after I check the price of MAS.

SQ is much cheaper than MAS IMO, was quoted MYR2128 for 2pax. (Thats exactly what I need, going with my mum to HKG, thats GV2 fare I believe). MYR670 fare + MYR 394 tax and fees. Fare is cheaper than MAS, ++ also cheaper than MAS. Most likely I'll go for this one. Moreover it's valid for 14days, not 7.

Btw, how do I know how much is the tax++ of MAS' supersaver? After selecting my destination, I was directed to the flight booking page, after choosing the flights I was quoted MYR1600++ each to HKG.

If I'm not mistaken, Supersaver fares are class L, so when you get the booking pages and at the bottom, look for L class. If there's no L class in the selected dates of flights, then Supersavers are not offered for that combination.

Yes the fare published on Malaysia Airlines website do not include taxes and fees, this really p*** me off because from the customer point of view, the fares don't reflect how much one has to pay in total, therefore they are meaningless. AirAsia is doing the same thing too, a couple of years ago their taxes are only about RM16 for a domestic sector, now it is RM50!

I think all other major airlines are doing the same thing, the only exception i know is Emirates.

Yeah lor, well for Low cost airlines, the reason why they can offer prices as long as they do is because it excludes all the airport tax, surcharge, bla bla bla. It's all marketing, makes them seems so affordable. Like Ryan air here all also like that...unlike BA, they publish rates that includes everything.