MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Smith

Red Bull Air Race

As many of you know, Perth will be proudly hosting the Red Bull Air Race, which will kick off on Nov 19. This is a perfect opportunity for all aviation buffs from far and wide to come and experience this beautiful city which I and Sandeep (50/50) call home, whilst Extra 300's are buzzing overhead, not to mention all the Ad Hoc traffic expected!

I look forward to seeing some of you here! I suppose if there was a group interested, we could hire an 8 seater or something for your visit, have a big spotting session or something...

More info: http://www.redbullairrace.com/race.php?id=16

hehehe

yeaahhhh I hope I can be back in Perth when it happens! :)

What's the venue? Swan?? Canning?? which river lor?

Swan bro, and Langley Park is to be home base for the aircraft participating.

Anyone going to make the trip?

I put my hand up (but its conditional on where I am in that month too (i.e. find job yet or not))

Liam, let's ask TAC if we can take YNA and YNB to Langley for some TnGs! :) hahaha what would the radio call for that be..

Langley traffic Diamond Yankee November Alpha downwind, touch and go, east paddock, Langley traffic

Would love to do a glide approach there! hahaha

Whats a glide approach in a DA-20? :rofl:

I believe ASA take their makeshift tower there.

niiiceee :) are their going to be any other aircraft displays? e.g. 79th Sqn, Cathay Pacific A330??? :)

Liam, I saw the Redbull air race ad on AXN! Looks like a lot of stunt performed! :drinks: Take pix when the prop goes under the bridge for me :D

Anyone going to make the trip?

Cannot....why it was not planned 4-5 weeks later, lah ???

Pieter, here's my solution. Come to PER twice next year...its on again in 07 and 08...

Sandeep, CX 330...hmm, don't think the owners of buildings nearby will be too happy, they already whinge enough about the Langley Park Fly-In's, damages my ass! Oh I reckon we may see the odd PC-9 and 79sqn Hawk during the course of the event.

Sign in to follow this