MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sebastien

My first time

Today was a great day.

I woke around 6.45, went to shcool, had boring clases. But th afternoon was different. I was going to the MAS training dept to fly in a SIMULATOR! for an hour.

Hoping i could have either the 333, or the 734, i was excited. This was a very first for me. The day before, i revised my FMC knoledge with FS, and so i felt prepared to kick a$$.

When i got there, I met a nice person from the external relations dept, which brought me to the training center and presented me to a person in charge of the maintenance of these machines.

I'm from the french school.

The rest of the story is coming, but first soem suspense and somee comments!

Cool :clapping: Can't wait to hear more. :drinks:

This is like a TR and FS report :good:

An at the end, you got to be in 777FS instead :rolleyes:

Edited by Seth K

Mr.Flying Pinguin why they you go for the sim~??? they ask you to crash the plane in the simulator kaaa :p Just Kidding~!!!

Can't wait for More~!!! Any Pic taken~???

French School?

They're a group of them in the Proton Factory in Shah Alam today morning. I was with them over there.

How did you manage to get in? Is it a tour?

No, not tour. the ones that got to PRoton were 6th graders. It was a private thing that the school made possible. I want to know if any of you know the staff involved in this, i couldn't get their names, so please, thouse from MAS, help.

I did the simulator because i wanted to try it.

Just a hint to guess the simulator i used: I don't like the 777

So, i went inside the bilding, and they explained how training was done. Then, it was the time to go into a smulator...

Fist, it's huge, big, massive. it's imprssive!

So, i went to a simulator... of the 777.

Edited by Sebastien

inside, it was more than surprising. it was like being on an actual 777. It was show-off time. After i programmed the FMC for WMKK WMSA, i piloted manual this short flight, becuase they turned the A/p off... It went all nice, except for landing. After three turn-arounds, i crashed the plane in an attemp to land.

You crashed :( Anybody hurt :p

Wah, love this story! Jus a queston, can a civilian play the simulator?

wow..what CRZ attitude u fly on and weight? fuel calculation? and vref speed on landing?

look, after 5 minutes, the guy said i was really good with A/P so he turned it off, i flew manual a 777, which is hard. This was a special thing done by my school, and it took six months to be able to do one afternoon.

I hope to do it again, if you know anybode from the simulator maintenace dept or the external relations of MAS please help me to find the people i met that day!

wow..what CRZ attitude u fly on and weight? fuel calculation? and vref speed on landing?

chill la edwin .. haha .. don pressure him with all that :p

next thing you gonna ask him for his performance charts and cost index calculations?

oops..sorry gavo.. just trying to see how's the performance ma ;D

look, do you think there is time to do cruise between WMKK and WMSA? I completely ruined the company as i crashed the plane on landing...

nvm,

but more importantly... what happens in the simulator when you crash.. is it like FS? does it make that crash sound and you sink into the ground (albeit in one piece).. can you watch external replay?? hahaha but seriously lah, what happen!?

LOL, when I saw "the first time", I thought you meant by.......sex.... :lol:

Anyway, does the simulator vibrate or shake really hard as you crash?

Edited by S V Choong

hell yeah! you even feel the speed at take-off! it's scary!!!

Though you seem a little... pervert..... lol, half of the guys in my class are the same

Edited by Sebastien

Anyway, does the simulator vibrate or shake really hard as you crash?

It does, which is why most simulator instructors will cut it off when you're milliseconds from crashing. Sebastian probably has been lucky to have "experienced" it :)

Though you seem a little... pervert..... lol, half of the guys in my class are the same

Thanks, I will take that comment positively :lol:

Sign in to follow this