MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Samuel Chy

DragonAir A330-300

This will damage the models....!

The models are already damaged beyond hearbreak threshold !!

just now around 12pm, when i at town center, i saw a KA 333 take off... BC, did u saw it?

Nope, didn't notice today - would have been picking the kids up from Sunday school around then. It wasn't the dragon boat again was it ?

I think those stickers are from the MAS Beyond Expectations car stickers lah.... I got one or two, but didnt stick yet... :D.

Hey Sam, awesome pictures ! :p

Thanks for posting. Hope we'll see more foreign carriers sending in big planes and we can go spotting again together in the near future :p

Came back from KUL yesterday night (MH80), a full flight. I planned to take some MAS 772 interior shots and post them here but guess what ? I forgot to bring my camera ... sh!t !!!! :angry: Both of my inbound/outbound flights were operated by MAS 772 with the new lie-flat seat in GCC (C-35, Y-247) and AVOD were activated BOTH WAYS ! No headphone was offered to us, though.

Both of my inbound/outbound flights were operated by MAS 772 with the new lie-flat seat in GCC (C-35, Y-247) and AVOD were activated BOTH WAYS ! No headphone was offered to us, though.

I think MAS must have known that there is an increasing number of pax to and from BKI taking advantage of this flight. :) I thought they will normally hand out the headphones as it might deemed unfair to the pax who is travelling to NRT.

Isaac, how was the flight load? Hmm, I must try MH80 sometimes. Been on the DC-10 flights flying onwards to NRT or SEL but stopping at BKI during the 90s. The load back then seems to be really full!

Thanks for posting. Hope we'll see more foreign carriers sending in big planes and we can go spotting again together in the near future :p

Came back from KUL yesterday night (MH80), a full flight. I planned to take some MAS 772 interior shots and post them here but guess what ? I forgot to bring my camera ... sh!t !!!! :angry: Both of my inbound/outbound flights were operated by MAS 772 with the new lie-flat seat in GCC (C-35, Y-247) and AVOD were activated BOTH WAYS ! No headphone was offered to us, though.

ISAAC!!! You are one of the pax who stuck on 772 for almost 30 mins yesterday?! ROFLOLOL

Quite interesting afternoon BKI have yesterday and you have no idea how messed up the traffic can be with Nuri-es and PM's jet at Gate 1 and you guys on hold at taxiway. And ended up reassigned to Gate 2! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Adrian M

Quite interesting afternoon BKI have yesterday and you have no idea how messed up the traffic can be with Nuri-es and PM's jet at Gate 1 and you guys on hold at taxiway. And ended up reassigned to Gate 2! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Was the PM's BBJ M53-01 at Gate 1? Couldn't he bugger off to Gate 2? Look at the pain he caused a few hundred people just because he is a PM. :) Looking at the bright side, assigning to Gate 2 is still better than Terminal 2!! Sorry for you Isaac :)

Adrian, were you at the airport at that particular time?

Edited by S V Choong

Was the PM's BBJ M53-01 at Gate 1? Couldn't he bugger off to Gate 2? Look at the pain he caused a few hundred people just because he is a PM. :) Looking at the bright side, assigning to Gate 2 is still better than Terminal 2!! Sorry for you Isaac :)

Adrian, were you at the airport at that particular time?

I was there spotting with Samuel at that time. Waiting for him to upload the pix.

PM's jet was M37-01 Dassault Falcon 900. Small jet occupying big Gate 1. I really hope to see BBJ as I never even seen 737NG with my own eyes before.

But the traffic was messy.

Before that Gate 1 was occupied by 3 Nuri-es, then 772 arrive from Rwy 20, 772 had to hold at taxiway K (just in front of Gate 6), waiting for 3 Nuri-es to start-up as leave Gate 1, and the aerobridge at Gate 1 was raised to 772 height. Nuri-es all taxi by Taxiway H, C, G to Rwy 20.

The rest of the Gates was occupy by 734. F50 arrive from Rwy 20 also and rolled slow to Taxiway J, wait for a while behind 772, the last Nuri left Gate 1, F50 move into Taxiway C and H and go to Gate 6 and park, while 772 still on hold, the Nuri-es take off from Rwy 20, PM's jet taxi from remote apron to Gate 1 and park (!).

After that 734 from Gate 2 push back and taxi from Taxiway H, C, F and backtracking to Rwy 02 to take off and then another 734 push back (MMF), this time taxi through Taxiway H, C and J, hold for another 734 (MQH) coming in from Rwy 02 and turn into T2, 734 (MMF) take off from Rwy 02.

772 still holding, 734 (MQH) taxi from T2 into Taxiway G and C, Gate 2 aerobridge raise to 772 height and Gate 1 aerobridge lowers back to original position. 772 taxi to reassigned Gate 2 and 734 (MQH) turns into taxiway H and occupy the only empty Gate slot.

After that 2 734 pushback, one to KUL and one to LBU and both take off at Rwy 02 while 2 734 and 1 AK 733 is coming in from Rwy 02. When we leaving at 1715 the PM's jet still occupying Gate 1.

Use this map as reference.

IPB Image

Whew~~ that's about it in the shortest way I can describe with details. :lol: Hope PM saw the state of BKI currently in. A mess, troublesome, and parallel taxiway is very in need. Urgently...

PS: I was hoping to see 772 get assigned to Gate 6 with the stairs. I'm so evil. :p

Edited by Adrian M

PS: I was hoping to see 772 get assigned to Gate 6 with the stairs. I'm so evil.

I guess I am more evil. I was hoping the 772 would go to Terminal 2, haha.

Thanks for the description Adrian.

I think MAS must have known that there is an increasing number of pax to and from BKI taking advantage of this flight. :)

I think many people still don't know about these flights. As these flights :

[bKI - KUL]

- MH065 (from ICN) ; SAT/SUN ; 333

- MH051 (from KIX) ; TUE/FRI ; 772

- MH081 (from NRT) ; MON/THU ; 772

[KUL - BKI]

- MH080 (to NRT) ; THU/SUN ; 772

- MH064 (to ICN) ; TUE/WED ; 333

seldom full when they are operating BKI-KUL vv. unless it's school holidays or during festive seasons. The pure domestic flights, however full most of the time.

Reasons why i always choose these flights when i'm going to KUL :

~ MORE LEGROOM !!!!

~ MAS Japanese crews are very friendly.

~ Bigger portion of meal (Entree, appetizer, dessert, a bun and a chocolate), on pure domestic flight you only get an entree and a dessert, THAT'S ALL ! :angry: And there's NO DIFFERENCE in the air fare !

~ Got IFE, if they didn't activate the AVOD system, you still can play the games. Last time when there was no AVOD, there were 12 channels available, the channel 12 is always on, the other 11 channels ? Depends ...... If the inflight supervisor is nice then all channels might on, otherwise only channel 12 (airshow) and games for you.

I thought they will normally hand out the headphones as it might deemed unfair to the pax who is travelling to NRT.

Over my 40-50 plus trips on MH065/051/081, MH080/064/050 (MH050 no longer fly into BKI), i was offered the headphone only TWICE :angry: . I did try to request for the headphone several times (whenever the movies/TV/song options are active) but always got 'no' as an answer. Their excuse was "sorry, this a a very short flight". Oh well ...

I once told a MAS Japanese F/A that TG do offer headphones on its 2-hour flight (KUL-BKK vv.). She said : "oh, that's an international flight". Then i said JL and NH both offer headphones on the flights between HND and ITM. The Japanese stewardess laughed. She said : "different company" ...

Isaac, how was the flight load?

It was a full flight both ways. On MH051 (from KIX) to KUL on 2/6 and back to BKI on MH080. Well, school holidays ... Most of the Japanese passengers on MH051 from KIX on 2/6 disembarked in BKI. So many people from the north like coming to Sabah, no wonder the hotel rooms here in BKI are sold out almost everyday !

Hmm, I must try MH80 sometimes. Been on the DC-10 flights flying onwards to NRT or SEL but stopping at BKI during the 90s. The load back then seems to be really full!

Yes, you MUST ! I bet you'll like those MAS Japanese crews working on these flights. Oh yeah, MAS Korean crews for flight MH065/MH064.

ISAAC!!! You are one of the pax who stuck on 772 for almost 30 mins yesterday?! ROFLOLOL

No Adrian. I wasn't on that flight. I think you meant the MH081, the 772 that going to KUL. I was on MH080, on Thursday also (8/6) that departs at 8.55pm, coming back here from KUL.

Quite interesting afternoon BKI have yesterday and you have no idea how messed up the traffic can be with Nuri-es and PM's jet at Gate 1 and you guys on hold at taxiway. And ended up reassigned to Gate 2! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WHAT ?? PM jet at gate 1 and MH081 used Gate 2 ???? Man ... how lucky the both of you. Can't wait to see the pictures.

PS: I was hoping to see 772 get assigned to Gate 6 with the stairs. I'm so evil. :p

This had happened before, Adrian. You missed it, apparently. It was MH081 (a 772 to KUL) in year 2003. I didn't know why they parked the 772 at Gate 6 instead of the usual Gate 1 or 5. It was such a memorable flight. And i still remember the SUPER FRIENDLY/NICE MAS Japanese F/A that working on the flight. It was a very light load that day, around 40 passengers ONLY ! The Japanese F/A kept offering me drinks, she even offered me and my mom a SECOND meal after she collected our meal trays ! She told my mom that it's a boring flight 'cause not many passengers flying that day. I thought they are supposed to be happy when their flight is empty ?? So that they can rest more ?? Apparently the Japanese F/A that i'm talking really enjoy working as a stewardess. That's the kind of F/A we need at MAS :)

Edited by Isaac

Adrian, did u read this???

I once told a MAS Japanese F/A that TG do offer headphones on its 2-hour flight (KUL-BKK vv.). She said : "oh, that's an international flight". Then i said JL and NH both offer headphones on the flights between HND and ITM. The Japanese stewardess laughed. She said : "different company" ...

Were you trying to push your luck or are you just chatting up the F/A?? :p

Yes, you MUST ! I bet you'll like those MAS Japanese crews working on these flights. Oh yeah, MAS Korean crews for flight MH065/MH064.

Yup, but not allowed to talk about gals here anymore :( :( :( haha. Plus my fiance may not like me to take MH80/81 anymore! Also a bit difficult to catch MH80/81 now as it is does not match the MH130/131 flights from Auckland. The KUL-TWU direct flights also made catching the MH80/81 less attractive! :( :( :p

Edited by S V Choong

..... Plus my fiance may not like me to take MH80/81 anymore!

Ah, I see the doctrines of matrimonial bliss (subjective as it may be!) starting to tighten its stanglehold already :p

Ah, I see the doctrines of matrimonial bliss (subjective as it may be!) starting to tighten its stanglehold already tongue.gif

Haha, once bitten twice shy :lol:

Only if I could behave

Edited by S V Choong

Kelvin, thanks for ur hint... when i read ur post, a image suddenly flash in my brain, that was that day i did take a shot of a car sticker which wit the slightly same hibiscus. then i check my library, and saw this sticker. after some small match, yes, the small MPD from..... :lol:

IPB Image

agree??

Isaac, me too...hope to see more foreign bird land at BKI. my next target is Silk Air aka Sick air. :p too bad, u din bring ur camera. but nevermind, coz still hav chance rite??? :) i thought all nowadays all the triple to BKI are all from NRT... :D also thanks for ur information...

Adrian, thanks for ur story line very much.... :lol:

Adrian, thanks for ur story line very much.... :lol:

No prob. ^^ Just trying to give MW some teaser. :lol:

Sign in to follow this