MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AirAsia Founder Likes Workers to Speak Up

With all due respect, I did not claim expertise on anything at all. I'm here because I want to learn something from everyone with experience in different areas/industries and of different views.

Are you really a fresh graduate ?

Actually I do find your posts to be quite informative and sensible, the best of the lot up there. While I may not agree with some of your opinions, I also note that you did not post "rubbish" like what a particular poster did and the herd mentality of the other posters supporting him/her.

I can accept differences of opinion, but please get the facts right first and not make things up like what that particular poster did. I can accept opinions like TF is a handsome guy, but pleased dont tell me TF is Swedish; get what I mean ?

As I have said before I am here to tap on the knowledge of pilots and FF, but I do find it very annoying when you have people who has no knowledge on a particular subject posting false and misleading facts eg the MAS supersaver scheme. That poster had apparently not even travelled on MH domestically (dont know what meal service he is talking about in Y), and even when I corrected him he kept coming back with more "rubbish". And while he is trying to impress us with his knowledge of the Australian aviation scene, he didnt even know which airlines fly between Aust and US, and giving us false information that QF has a monopoly. And the best part is his emphasis on the right to have a monopoly, I nearly fell off my chair laughing !

Sandeep,

Deliver the finishing blow.... :good:

Arthur,

If you feel that the members here are posting "complete rubbish"..you are welcome to leave and seek information elsewhere. I, for one, dont think you are contributing to a happy, healthy and informative atmosphere which MalaysianWings prides itself on posessing.

8)

Not KNOWLEDGABLE does not mean we are prohibited from sharing our thoughts. We might be wrong, and being wrong IMO is a part of the learning process. But the fact that you just attack (well, i think you do) on peoples comment is just pathetic and it seriously destroys the friendly atmosphere we are trying to create in the forum and i am sure that you know that too. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but i find your replies very very snobbish and infact childish for someone who has that level of seniority.

Walter, please read through all the posts and judge for yourself who started the "attack" and who started "name-calling". I merely made a cheeky remark that TF taked nonsense since he is magnanimous enough to encourage his staff to say so. And see what I got in return ? And while you guys are emphasizing the right to have your own thoughts, I was being flamed for having a different opinion. You guys were so emotional in supporting that poster that you didnt even notice the amount of "rubbish" he was posting, seems like you guys are ruled by your heart rather than by your mind.

If you feel that the members here are posting "complete rubbish"..you are welcome to leave and seek information elsewhere. I, for one, dont think you are contributing to a happy, healthy and informative atmosphere which MalaysianWings prides itself on posessing.

Yes, I am waiting for the Administrator to tell me to leave.

In the meantime, I have as much right to be here as everyone else have. And I dont think everyone posts rubbish here, there are a few very knowledgeable posters here though not on this thread. I am here to seek knowledge from them but will gladly leave when told to do so.

If MalaysianWings prides itself on being a happy environment based on posting false information, this is definitely not the forum for me.

Sandeep,

Deliver the finishing blow.... :good:

........... with correct facts please :)

cheer up arthur. :drinks: take it easy laa. :drinks: :drinks: i do respect your choice what airline to fly. but no need to be stressed out just because u dont agree with tony AK. there are so many other things in your life that u derserve to be worked up. come join us for spotting.

Probably they'll fix up your attitude or something.

And you feel its perfectly alright for you to make rude remarks like this, after all those preaching. Should I give you a taste of my "attitude" ?

If this battering does not stop, I'll lock the topic: enough said !!! :angry:

Pieter C. - moderator ...

cheer up arthur. :drinks: take it easy laa. :drinks: :drinks: i do respect your choice what airline to fly. but no need to be stressed out just because u dont agree with tony AK. there are so many other things in your life that u derserve to be worked up. come join us for spotting.

Thanks T Azahan.

The problem is not with AK, but rather with some posters here. Quite a "culture shock" if you ask me. My other "home" is a global FF site where I have been posting for more than 5 years, and I feel much more comfortable there though there's very little discussion on Msian aviation scene.

Thanks T Azahan.

The problem is not with AK, but rather with some posters here. Quite a "culture shock" if you ask me. My other "home" is a global FF site where I have been posting for more than 5 years, and I feel much more comfortable there ...

Frequent Flyers are very well travelled 'seniors', but the age of most members here is less than 25 years on average, so PLEASE take this into consideration...most members are not as 'experienced' as you are :nea:

Mod: I would suggest locking up this thread as not only has it gone way OT, but the posts by most individuals concerned have become unnecessarily divisive and unproductive.

Cheers.

But before you do that, I just saw this:

*tactfully avoids taking sides in said conflict*

Not true. Apart from QF, UA and NZ also fly the Aust-US route.

And if you are a mileage junkie, you can even fly SQ,CX,TG or MH

Compared to a choice of more than 40 airlines or so on the Kangaroo route, it is quite obvious that competition on the Aust-NZ route is limited. Add Air Pacific and Air Tahiti Nui to the list too though, and hopefully soon - Air Canada and Virgin/Pacific Blue (or whatever incarnation it takes).

Speaking of mileage junkie and flying to the USA...I'm getting there via Europe...:D. In F fortunately, except for J on AA cause there's no F unless I want to go via DFW which means another connection but the transatlantic segments were a mileage redemption anyway. Worked out to be much cheaper than going direct on UA F or even NZ Business Premier. Plus 2 free coupons for intra-Europe travel. At least I end the year with my LH Sen status intact. :good:

Frequent Flyers are very well travelled 'seniors', but the age of most members here is less than 25 years on average, so PLEASE take this into consideration...most members are not as 'experienced' as you are

I'm turning 21 in October. Not out of uni yet though. Having said that I'm always the youngest when I attend those Flyertalk parties.

Mod: See what I mean by OT. :D

Edited by Keith T

My other "home" is a global FF site where I have been posting for more than 5 years, and I feel much more comfortable there though there's very little discussion on Msian aviation scene.

If you're referring to Flyertalk, you can find lots of discussion about MH under the 'Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Programs' forum. There's no MH forum in its own right as there's not enough demand to justify one - this lack of demand might be because the Enrich program is so poor that very few people are members of it. However, many people do not go beyond the 'Miles and Points' section of FT; it is quite possible to discuss Malaysian aviation in general under 'Travel Buzz' in 'Travel and Dining' as that thread is meant to be for non-frequent flyer program related travel.

Having said that, MW is better for discussions pertaining to the Malaysian aviation scene. I find the 'General Aviation' and 'Flight Logbook' sections rather interesting and MWers every bit as cool as anyone anywhere else. You don't have to be a spotter. I'm most definitely not one - my sole use of A.net is the 'cabin views' function. :D

Oh and *arm twist attempt 3* join us for AKL DO, a sip or 2 of fine NZ wines will calm you down. ;)

Edited by Keith T

..... apparently not even travelled on MH domestically (dont know what meal service he is talking about in Y), .....

Ever flown to Sabah / Sarawak ? They do serve meals on these services, whether or not the stuff can be described as a meal is open for debate.

You do recall we are part of the federation I presume ? In any case, those services are definately classified as 'domestic'

Are you really a fresh graduate ?

As a matter of fact, yes (completing by end of this year) - new to the industry as well. :D

..... In the developed world there are various legislations prohibiting monopoly of any kind.

..... I have repeatedly said that I was not asking AK to increase their recline, just that AK had the worst recline I have ever experienced

Fact is we are a 'developing' nation - what is good for one place/culture need not be beneficial for the rest of the world

When the 320's completely replace the 733's there will be NO seat recline to increase ! Actually, I'm glad they did away with the seal recline business, I have this knack of choosing seats where the passenger in front of me feels the need to 'rest' in the most horizontal position possible, regardless of time of day !

Ever flown to Sabah / Sarawak ? They do serve meals on these services, whether or not the stuff can be described as a meal is open for debate.

You do recall we are part of the federation I presume ? In any case, those services are definately classified as 'domestic'

Those flights are about 2 hours or more in duration?

I put my friend on MH for KUL-HKT. Although it's an international flight, it's only a short one - only slightly more than an hour i think, per advertised flight time. I was guessing that he'd only get a drink or 2, but was quite surprised to learn that he'd get a proper hot meal. One must admire the skill of MH cabin crew in serving a 734 Y cabin of 100+ pax in less than an hour of actual flying time.

And you feel its perfectly alright for you to make rude remarks like this, after all those preaching. Should I give you a taste of my "attitude" ?

Arthur , take it easy mate ,

I understand your points and views about air asia , and I can accept them

But putting it in that manner isn't a very polite way

If you have something against it , just share it with us ,

Don't get heated up about it .

Okay mate ? Any problems , do not hesitate to contact me or the mods .

Stay happy man , life is short .

Listen Arthur,

I gave you a chance to take it easy and not be so aggressive in your postings as I told you it would come to this..

You have not taken anyone's advice here to "calm down".. however on the same note, you harp on about how knowledgable and senior you are!!

Take a look at my 2006 flight schedule and see what airlines I fly mate... I may not have taken MAS this year, but I have definately taken them domestic in previous years.. oops, I accidentally mentioned meals and didn't specify whether it was within peninsular or across the South China Sea to Borneo... boo-firggen-hoo mate!

The quote you have used from MAS is valid, and thank you for sharing. HOWEVER, The government has instead made the request that MAS increase the useage of KLIA in an effort to realise the "hub and spoke" network, that would hopefully bring growth to KLIA... Like I said.. it sucks but MAS takes a lot of direction from the government! WE ALL KNOW THIS! Furthermore, under the BTP, the shift from more premium business traveller passengers (sipping champagne in the Golden Lounge) to leisure (family and holidaymakers) is also a direct consequence of the government trying to increase tourist arrivals into Malaysia!!! With MAS now flying principally between the major cities of Malaysia.. domestic transfer of international pax is where they want to make money... notice the lack of international flights nowadays from any other major city?? Its blatantly obvious.. i'm sure you have heard of the term "read between the lines"...

Unfortunately, there just aren't enough "premium business savvy travellers" like yourself...

On Qantas and the monopoly to the USA, yes UA flys too, and pax have the choice of going via NZ, but compare the frequency of flights by QF to UA who fly nonstop... I'm sure you'll be amazed.... QF has one of the highest yield/RPK in the industry and thats why they are successful and can afford red-e-deals.. MAS was not making money in the first place.. the market in Malaysia is somewhat different to Australia.. I think you'll find that the same sort of sectors in Aus are flown with turbo-props or smaller jet aircraft (e.g. 717 or BAe-146) from the 737... KL-IPOH on a 737... hmmm you do the math, you seem to like doing it anyway! Fleet management in MAS is now only coming under scrutiny.. look at all the types of aircraft and where they are flying..

And finally, I'm a Malaysian.... I don't mind sitting on the "floor and waiting", The golden lounge might be great and all, and have nice champagne... if the golden lounge is for you Arthur, then the old saying goes "whatever floats your boat, mate!"... It's so great you feel so privellaged and all, but I think I know where i'd rather be!

Talking rubbish seems to been what we have started on in this topic.. but you've shown your true colours now.. you just don't like the fact that poor Malaysians can now afford to fly and that you sir, might have to sit next to the "kampung boy" when you go for your weekend breaks... well I hope you enjoy your flight anyway! Bring your own bottle of champagne to the LCCT, I'm sure you can afford it, rather than getting the "free" one at the lounge all the time :D

I urge you to take on Azahans call to go spotting, so you can see what real enthusiasts are made of! :clapping:

Those flights are about 2 hours or more in duration?

About 2h:30m BKI/KUL vv, maybe just over 3h if doing SDK or TWU/KUL

Once flew BWN-BKI with CX on their 707, cabin crew trying to serve drinks during the something like 10-15 minutes flight time. Luckily, the particular flight was quite sparsely populated !