MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

Amsterdam-Schiphol airport 20apr2006

Guys and gals,

As my Easter holiday is almost finished, I just went to Schiphol between 1430-1700 to get some "unusual" shots; here, they are (in a thumbnail fashion for better uploading/viewing) and I hope you like them ;)

Welcome to the free viewing-deck; it's about 1000 meters long and approximately 50 meters wide at places; do note they installed cameras, though :huh:

IPB Image

Schiphol has it's own corrosion corner; here the earlier mentioned CS-TMR and the to be repaired PZ-TCM (at a cost of 3.5 million USD)

IPB Image

Big brother is (always) watching you; here a Police Cessna 172

IPB Image

ING Bank of the Netherlands has placed some nice advertisements on Schiphol's gates (texts are all different)

IPB Image

How many different airlines do you see here ? :huh:

IPB Image

Hey, who is that guy up there, swinging with his Tokina 80-400mm ? :o

IPB Image

Not only aircraft change ownership, even push-back trucks do :blink:

IPB Image

Spring is, finally, in the air ;) Note the daffodils behind the 320; which colourscheme do you prefer ?

IPB Image

The "three degrees" ah-moi's (the two dark ones looked like sisters ;)

IPB Image

A smokey start-up for this seldom seen NW 744; it arrived from KWI and departed for DTW after making a fuel-stop at AMS, bringing home around 400 servicemen- and women away from the horrors of Iraq

IPB Image

Check Check Double-check before leaving for another Caribbean flight

IPB Image

"Flying the flag" was once the slogan of this airline; happy birthday to the world's oldest Queen :rolleyes:

IPB Image

Love the way, this airline show their national flag ;) this picture not taken at CDG but AMS, and both this A319 and A321 running the "Paris shuttle"

IPB Image

KLM Ground-services was having a break in between flights

IPB Image

Here, the "city of Jakarta", showing her European- and Dutch flags, registration and "the flying dutchman" slogan...as this is a Combi, no sexy ah-mois can be seen behind the windows :angry:

IPB Image

Imran, no DC10/MD11 cockpit-windows could be photographed :blink: Is this a nice substitute ?

IPB Image

Qaps did a good job, by "undoing" the previous Alitalia-express colours to this boring all-white one :angry:

IPB Image

Hot news, guys, here's PH-BQN, only arrived on delivery 5 hours before this picture was taken; look at the nice "shining" wheels ;)

IPB Image

This ex United 744 was outside Hangar 14 waiting for a new paint-scheme

IPB Image

Colin, this one is for you, since you will arrive in AMS on a Queen like this from NYC this evening (same registration ?)

IPB Image

Sorry for the cloudy weather; pictures still un-edited by the way :huh:

Fantastic shots bro! Love the one with the Lauda A320 tail and the daffodils! Fabuloso!

Mana Skycargo?! :o

Edited by Imran K.

Hi Pieter, thanks for the nice intro for Schiphol and the traffic there.

It is easier to see with those small thumbnails but clicking them to see a larger view will load pretty slow. :unsure:

Fantastic shots bro! Love the one with the Lauda A320 tail and the daffodils! Fabuloso!

Mana Skycargo?! :o

Hi Pieter, thanks for the nice intro for Schiphol and the traffic there.

It is easier to see with those small thumbnails but clicking them to see a larger view will load pretty slow. :unsure:

Imran,

Hehehe, many people here think of Lauda Air aswell, however, both tails are Martinair :o

The 320 is still in old-colours and the 763 in new-colours...no Skycargo was noticed during my short visit...

Chaity,

Loading the bigger pictures has something to do with your provider; herewith I cannot help you, unfortunately :mellow:

Nice selection Pieter! Thanks for sharing.

Any shots of the extended viewing mall?? Tks

Kwek,

Thanks for the thumbs-up...

The extension is more-or-less only 150-200 meters to the West; in fact, the 1st picture was taken from this extension looking East ;)

Here are some more pictures, guys, which will include another EXCLUSIVE :rolleyes:

Sorry for the fence, thought it is interesting for you, though, here you see both aircraft of the Netherlands Air Laboratories; try to pronounce the last word written on this Metroliner :lol: :p :lol: :lol:

IPB Image

Another one through the fence :angry: Here is one of the few DC-3's still operated in the Netherlands, and painted in the original Martinair colour-scheme of the 50's...it was still Martin's Air Charter in these days (after the founder Martin Schroeder) ;)

IPB Image

These become fewer and fewer nowadays with the 330's arriving as replacements

IPB Image

Portugalia is operating this Fokker 100 from/to Oporto in code-share with KLM; note the rolling 777 on runway 24 behind the Fokker

IPB Image

Dragonair even operated two freighters this afternoon, showing formidable cargo capacity on the HKG-AMS v.v. route; B-KAA and B-KAD were seen

IPB Image

Who said KLM had dirty airplanes ??? :huh: Just have a look at this tail (caused by the APU-fumes)...sorry for the blur which was caused by the "steaming" Martinair 767-300ER APU :angry:

IPB Image

Nice view at a different angle of an IAE-powered A320

IPB Image

El Al is a regular at Amsterdam; not difficult to guess who was the previous owner/operator ;)

IPB Image

AH-MOI, guys :p :p Dutch ah-moi reading leisurely in a Dutch opinion-magazine and NOT disturbed by airplanes and/or people :blink: :huh:

IPB Image

EXCLUSIVE highlight, especially for you, guys: here is EI-DOF waiting to be delivered to Italy and is ex PH-BZD...note the "World of TUI" colours, also similar to Arkefly, Hapagfly or Fritidsresor...

IPB Image

That's a cute ahmoi bro...

Care to introduce me to her this summer? :lol: :lol:

Nice shots Pieter..Interesting Airlines There too..

I like your Pic OF NWA 747 start-up..

I prefer Martinair New Colour Scheme.. :p

Pieter,

:o What can I say?? :rolleyes:

Simply marvelous, Sir!

Spring is really in the air in AMS now, eh?? :)

Agree with Imran.... daffodils pix is beautiful...

and the rest too....

All these in Tokina 80-400??

Good lens, bro..

Only that difficult to find one here :(

--

Woooooa... :blink: :blink:

Both Thumbup to you Sir..

Great Stuff.. Realy Make my Day.. Such a Great Stuff.. I can see the yellow flower again.. Cool :wub:

Thank you Pieter for sharing this amazing pic..

Imran. Dutch Ahmoi's arrr hehehehe ;)

Colin and "his" captain also joined me for a day spotting, in between their duties NYC-AMS-DXB-SIN, at Schiphol on 22apr06....no doubt, Colin will add an extra topic about this, once he's home ;)

So, here are some impressions of the day, which was rather cloudy, misty and cold, unfortunately :angry:

After visiting the Luchtvaarthobbyshop, we went to Schiphol-East, where the General Aviation Terminal and the maintenance hangars are located; the 2 VLM Fokker 50's are parked there during the weekend, and PH-JCH was re-positioned in the hangar, while we were there...

IPB Image

IPB Image

After lunch, courtesy of Colin and captain, at McD we continued to the "Polderbaan" track, where we witnessed the fire-brigade doing some excercises

IPB Image

Both are vivid spotters and photographers and were very pleased to see this "African beauty"

IPB Image

Imran, this one is for you...your beloved three-holer cockpit; would you mind a jump-seat trip, like this guy ?

IPB Image

A surprise take-off of the "other Korean airline" from 36L (i.s.o. the 24 in use at that time) was happily framed here

IPB Image

Tomorrow, same time, Colin and his captain will be flying a similar Queen to Dubai from Amsterdam ;)

IPB Image

Was happy to shoot this all-white KLC Fokker 100, before it's painted to the new colours :D

IPB Image

Denimair is another Dutch company operating Fokker 50's on behalf of KLM cityhopper; do you like this colour-scheme ? :p

IPB Image

It's just a model 747, Seth: look at the tail mounted engine, simulating a DC10/MD11 :p :lol: :o

Waaah.. Pieter Nice pic there I love all your pic especially those Fokker. :wub:

Pieter, the firebrigade always doing their training like that kaaa ??? once a month or everyday ???

Edited by Ibrahim

Ibrahim,

As it's quite expensive to "put fire" to this aircraft, it's about once a month only, so we were quite "lucky" to experience this :rolleyes:

Pieter, I so love your VLM F50 shot. So extrordinary, the F50 logo was painted between the windows.

But I notice something different... I wonder why PH-JXN engine nacelle cone is longer and sharper than OO-VLM?

Adrian,

Eagle's eyes, you have :lol:

The difference is, the position of the installed APU on the Fokker 50: OO-VLM has none, and PH-JXN does have an APU installed, likewise MH ;)

Adrian,

Eagle's eyes, you have :lol:

The difference is, the position of the installed APU on the Fokker 50: OO-VLM has none, and PH-JXN does have an APU installed, likewise MH ;)

Ohh!! Now I know. All this time I thought the APU was installed somewhere in the fuselage and longer cone means PW127B engines LOL.

F50 APU can be real sharpening loud when it is in operation. Experience that everytime when desembarking and I had to use a finger to block one of my ear that facing the APU until I have some distant away from it.

Excellent shots Pieter,

Thanks for your kind hospitality and grand tour of one of Spotters' favourite Airport.

Will upload more shots of my entire stay yesterday real soon. I will only be back on Tuesday. Sob sob........11 days away from home sweet home. :p 3 more Hrs to my call-time. If you at the airport today, keep shooting.... :D

Cheers, signing off from AMS.

Colin

After lunch, courtesy of Colin and captain, at McD we continued to the "Polderbaan" track, where we witnessed the fire-brigade doing some excercises

IPB Image

Is it coincidence or just made like this........where fire training plane has DC-10 tail with 747 body, the same kind of type at LHR too :)

747 with DC-10 tail!

I guess, it is a combination of various aircrafts so the firemen can practice DC-10 accident and 747 accident using one model.pretty awesome :)

Talk about firemen, today I learn something cool, do you guys know the first firemen?

Thanks for your kind hospitality and grand tour of one of Spotters' favourite Airport.

Colin,

It was a real pleasure to show your captain and yourself around Schiphol airport !! ;)

Glad to hear you enjoyed the day :D

Please find below some more shots I took on your departure day, and will upload a dedicated topic of your Sing Cargo 7991 flight from Amsterdam to Dubai B)

While waiting for Colin's departure, I was able to shoot the following planes...sorry for the quality: the weather was aweful and it was raining...nevertheless, I hope you'll enjoy these un-edited pictures ;)

First one is this smart looking NG...you use callsign "Relax" by the way :o

IPB Image

A few minutes after NGA, NGC took-off and I just happened to snap the anti-collision light :rolleyes:

IPB Image

and retracting the landing-gear

IPB Image

Than, Egyptair passed my lens

IPB Image

Meanwhile, MasKargo arrived from KUL and DXB, rego TF-ARM

IPB Image

So, it became quite busy with Asian freighters: here you see SFK, SFD and ARM turning into her parking-spot

IPB Image

Was lucky to catch this beauty still in the old-colours

IPB Image

gear up and flaps zero

IPB Image

Colin's flight will be uploaded in a dedicated topic...hope you enjoyed these pictures ;)

Was lucky to catch this beauty still in the old-colours

IPB Image

gear up and flaps zero

IPB Image

WOW! Pieter u are so lucky! these color are almost extinct and Tyrolean (my fav colors) extincted iterally into Austrian Arrows Mix...

Back then Austrian Airlines still operating F50 in old livery. I wonder they still have it.

Edited by Adrian M

Back then Austrian Airlines still operating F50 in old livery. I wonder they still have it.

No more Fokker 50's in Austria, Adrian :angry:

Tyrolean and Austrian Arrows selected the Dash8 for their regional needs :p

Sign in to follow this