MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Malaysia Airlines Instructed To Solve Seating Problem In Airbus Aircraft

Trial flights were relatively shorter. Can wait and hold until get inside terminal where there will be a lot more toilets. But cannot hold for 13hours.

Also, nobody really naps fo hours on those short flights; so lack of space to toss and turn whilst lying flat was not uncovered then.

This isnt a never-before-seen product. Its been on the A333 for almost 2 years now so the lack of toss and turn space shouldve been uncovered by now.

Edit (since I can't modify my original post):

The lack of lavatories isn't a huge issue either,IMO. The A333 has a worse toilet to seat ratio. And let's be honest - nobody holds it for 13 hours. The only period when you might have a bit of a wait is after breakfast when everyone wants to freshen up, but then again this happens on just about every full flight on every airline.

These issues sound trivial at best. I'm just disappointed that real issues like the row 1 seat change got so little attention after so much heartbreak.

These issues sound trivial at best. I'm just disappointed that real issues like the row 1 seat change got so little attention after so much heartbreak.

Row 1 seat change is a real issue? Hahaha. Yeah, Get Real.

Did you pay a first class fare or some premium for row 1 but got moved to be seated in J or Y?

Airlines have the right and can easily move you to any seat within the travel class that you paid for, for whatever operational reason. Some may be better at communicating this than others, and some may go above and beyond what is required of them to pacify a moved-passenger - but whichever way it is - it remains the right of the airline.

There were a few anecdotal evidence that during the later stages of the 359 trial flights period, MH lets pax who had preselected row 1 to remain in row 1. Maybe they happen to be Enrich plats or MH simply exercising its right to not be bothered with moving the pax from row 1.

This is due to their stagnant income. If people feel a little richer, they will generally not mind paying more to get better quality.

Exactly. Govt. keeps on talking about keeping prices low, and everyone complains about prices going up. Instead, the focus should be on raising income, then rising prices should not even be an issue.

Exactly. Govt. keeps on talking about keeping prices low, and everyone complains about prices going up. Instead, the focus should be on raising income, then rising prices should not even be an issue.

Obstacle to rising income in this country is productivity remain stagnant and rising indirect tax.

Very long flight and qantas had to endure a lot of comments.

The flight hasn't even started yet, mate.

What are these "comments" about then? Are they about breaking the "no Vantage XL beyond 9 hours rule" which I haven't heard of previously?

What are these "comments" about then? Are they about breaking the "no Vantage XL beyond 9 hours rule" which I haven't heard of previously?

Just ask any regular front end flyers and also the online customer survey comments there's a hefty load of em and I'm not sure why you seem to be taking stuff so seriously lol. The seats are okay, but people will still complain, selection as well means not everyone gets the good legroom throne seats and resort to the couple seat which is why Thomson gets a flaked its vendor design issue that's all. It's also greatly discussed within mas staff circle. Edited by jahur

Sign in to follow this