MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Bing Chu

BKI Today

OMG where were you??? Me also spotting just now after Dragonair took off. Just go back home after finish spotting RBA A319 and AK A320 just now.

Yeah fantastic weather that I got tanned heavily. :lol: I have to stay indoor for a month from now on...

Edited by Adrian M

IPB Image

is that u r the guy spot at the first turn after the Tanjung Aru roundabout? and u stand on the concrete? but did i see an unser there??? ;)

BC, i like ur last pix very much... is that stich pix?

Thank you - glad you like it. If you mean "did I take a few shots and paste them together" - no, just taken from far, far away (unfortunately !); thus the wide panoramic view. Original pic was cropped btw !

..... where were you??

..... I got tanned heavily

1) At RSTC end of runway

2) Small sacrifice though you must admit !

is that u r the guy spot at the first turn after the Tanjung Aru roundabout? and u stand on the concrete? but did i see an unser there??? ;)

If you mean at the time the ka a320 flew by, yes, it was I !! As for my Unser, it was right next to the concrete block - there were a couple of other guys in a Wira parked next to me.

Talking of which, that concrete block is just fantastically convenient ! (an abandoned telecomm 'bomb' thingy installation I reckon)

Edited by Bing Chu

Thank you - glad you like it. If you mean "did I take a few shots and paste them together" - no, just taken from far, far away (unfortunately !); thus the wide panoramic view. Original pic was cropped btw !

1) At RSTC end of runway

2) Small sacrifice though you must admit !

If you mean at the time the ka a320 flew by, yes, it was I !! As for my Unser, it was right next to the concrete block - there were a couple of other guys in a Wira parked next to me.

Talking of which, that concrete block is just fantastically convenient ! (an abandoned telecomm 'bomb' thingy installation I reckon)

so ur unser is in gold-yellow colour? that time i in Adrian car and pass by... :lol: one of these day may we come out and spot together??? or do some coverage??? :lol:

You guys need my Malysian Wings spotter pix to locate each otherlah hehe.. RM30 apa maciam hehe.. It's releasing very soon.. limited 100 pcs only :)

You guys need my Malysian Wings spotter pix to locate each otherlah hehe.. RM30 apa maciam hehe.. It's releasing very soon.. limited 100 pcs only :)

haha... :lol: 'kakilang'.... hokkien i think...

yup.. hokkien it is.. kakiland easy to see ea other mah.. That way u guys can find ea other easily.. and can also recruit new Mwingers to whom that spot at the airport hehe..

yup.. hokkien it is.. kakiland easy to see ea other mah.. That way u guys can find ea other easily.. and can also recruit new Mwingers to whom that spot at the airport hehe..

haha... but now we meet most of the BKI spotter already... :p

is this Korean Chartered or schedule??

How long will it be doing BKI run?

Chartered flights for korean insurance company I heard.

Based on the flight schedule, today is the last day for 3 Korean Air heavies appear at the same time. But also based on the schedule every saturday and sunday (start from 15th and 16th April) may have Korean Air A330 operating to BKI; Arrive BKI at 1540. Maybe mistaken made by them but we will find out soon enough this weekend.

Edited by Adrian M

Chartered flights for korean insurance company I heard.

Based on the flight schedule, today is the last day for 3 Korean Air heavies appear at the same time. But also based on the schedule every saturday and sunday (start from 15th and 16th April) may have Korean Air A330 operating to BKI; Arrive BKI at 1540. Maybe mistaken made by them but we will find out soon enough this weekend.

got some 'isi tersirat' ar... :p :lol:

..... based on the schedule every saturday and sunday (start from 15th and 16th April) may have Korean Air A330 operating to BKI; Arrive BKI at 1540 .....

You'll probably find a MH bird doing the run - KE code shares on MH's BKI-ICN-BKI flights (sorry to be the party pooper !)

You'll probably find a MH bird doing the run - KE code shares on MH's BKI-ICN-BKI flights (sorry to be the party pooper !)

Haha I see. It's ok. :p At least we get to spot them when we had the chance.

Ok. Here are the Korean Air videos recorded today. :)

Korean Air B744 rotating.

http://rapidshare.de/files/17739337/MOV00438.MPG.html (7.41MB)

Korean Air B772 rotating. Rego: HL7598

http://rapidshare.de/files/17739170/MOV00440.MPG.html (2.69MB)

Korean Air A333 with crosswind approach. Before battery went dead. Rego: HL7587

http://rapidshare.de/files/17739453/MOV00441.MPG.html (378KB)

Korean Air B772 complete landing roll, backtrack and rich RR engine sound is coming up next. Still uploading to rapidshare. Also coming up, AK A320 (-AFC) landing, taxi and rotate videos.

Edited by Adrian M

Continue from last post

Korean Air B772 Landing Roll from Rwy 02 and Backtrack. Rego: HL7598

http://rapidshare.de/files/17749448/MOV00439.wmv.html

While waiting for Korean Air B744 to pushback,

AK A320 -AFC land at Rwy 02, taxi and park at T2

http://rapidshare.de/files/17749136/MOV00435.wmv.html

AK A320 -AFC start taxi away from T2

http://rapidshare.de/files/17751546/MOV00436.MPG.html

AK A320 -AFC rotate from Rwy 02

http://rapidshare.de/files/17751425/MOV00437.mpg.html

PS: BC, I hope you don't mind I post these in your thread. :)

Edited by Adrian M

Really nice videos, Adrian...

miss BKI airport a lot, especially the "spotter's place" at the end of Jln Selangor...when we go spotting together ?

PS: BC, I hope you don't mind I post these in your thread

Hey, no problem whatsoever - nothing called 'my thread' in a public forum in my books !

By the looks of it, you guys were plenty busy yesterday. B)

Really nice videos, Adrian...

miss BKI airport a lot, especially the "spotter's place" at the end of Jln Selangor...when we go spotting together ?

Pieter, for your information, we yesterday not spot at Jln Selangor... but is another new location. em, should i said old location? ;) B)

I made to let everyone who wish to spot at BKI at ease. Well I tried put it as accurate as can be. It may not be perfect. :)

IPB Image

Edited by Adrian M

Been Spotted = Spotted from there before...or...spotted by authorities ? :blink:

Been Spotted = Spotted from there before...or...spotted by authorities ? :blink:

Hehe. Been spotted from there before. Particularly on the Korean Air shoots sessions. :) If regarding authorities, just be aware of them at every place you are currently spotting. As you never know when they want you to leave or confiscate your film/camera.

Edited by Adrian M

As you never know when they want you to leave or confiscate your film/camera.

Thanks for the map, Adrian, I should buy a house at Taman Olivia hehehe...

Confiscate your film/camera...don't tell me, Malaysia became a second Dubai :blink: :huh: :o

Thanks for the map, Adrian, I should buy a house at Taman Olivia hehehe...

Confiscate your film/camera...don't tell me, Malaysia became a second Dubai :blink: :huh: :o

I'm not sure about they confiscate the camera but film rolls they do and had been heard the incident before.

OH MAN! :angry: :angry:

Guess we just have to stick to the safe spots. Or..get some menteri to endorse spotting... :D