Malindo Air taxes

I just surveyed Malindo Air tickets from KUL-BKI which base fare :

RM150

Taxes

Admin fee : RM 38

Passenger service charge : RM 9

GST : RM 11.82

Total tax : RM 54.82

That would sum up the total fare is around RM 208.82 and remember it's only one way ticket.

Your opinion on this fare ? Ridiculous or sensible ? Thanks

Very much depend on what MH and AK are asking of you for approx similar travel schedule :)

The way the three (MH, OD & AK) are behaving of late, seem like "Ridiculous or sensible" is not a serious factor in fare calculations :)

(good for us, thankfully !)

Yup, for some reasons OD's fare has been pretty expensive even though base fare is about the same as MH's. My last check MH was 168.55, OD was around 208 and AK 119++.

Yup, for some reasons OD's fare has been pretty expensive even though base fare is about the same as MH's. My last check MH was 168.55, OD was around 208 and AK 119++.

Agree for OD fare, if for return trip it would be RM400++ total. Different in the past the fare quite same with MH and AK.

Perhaps the reason might be due to their code shares - the bottom fare buckets are now given to their partners and the independent pax will no longer have access to their lowest fares anymore.

I just surveyed Malindo Air tickets from KUL-BKI which base fare :

RM150

Taxes

Admin fee : RM 38

Passenger service charge : RM 9

GST : RM 11.82

Total tax : RM 54.82

That would sum up the total fare is around RM 208.82 and remember it's only one way ticket.

Your opinion on this fare ? Ridiculous or sensible ? Thanks

Customers / Flyers feel the pain when they spin off the taxes from the base fares shown, I had seen quite a number of people talking about this lately.

Remember Malaysia Airlines now adopting all in pricing (Fares, surcharges, taxes all inside the fares you see when you searching for flights), I do not believe MAB do not charge surcharges anymore as MASwings and Fireflyz still having surcharge.

Take MASwings current RM 62 all in fares promotion to be an example, RM 2 base fare with RM 60 taxes to make up RM 62 all in price. Does that sounds ridiculous? It all depends on the flyers to judge whether I am willing to pay for that figure or not for the sectors that I want to fly.

And back to MAB, I am holding an Enrich redemption ticket bound for KUL from MYY middle of next month, and yet I still need to pay RM 68.90 per way all in for all the taxes and surcharges.

So at the end of the day, compare the prices and timing among all available options and choose the one that best fit your needs. But still, you had to admit that OD "economy promo" buckets has been quite expensive compare to the earlier days.

Sign in to follow this