MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MH Northern Winter 2016/2017 Schedule Change

Some pax may have to wake up very early to catch this flight, I guess! ;)

I suspect that PB is trying to win over some CX pax who may not fancy flying pn KA. He may also be indirectly trying to counter AK's morning flight that is now operated using wet leased XT A333 equipment.

Not bad. Used to take this flight which departs around 9am, wake up at around 5or 6am, get ready and then bugger off to the airport at 6am or 6:30am via airport express and MTR. Check in at Hong Kong Station with check through luggage and then hop onto the Airport Express. Arrived at airport at 7am-7:15am. Plenty of time to go around.

I reckon it was a very silly decision that they used the 737-8H6s for all flights to HKG. CX was very happy as they have stolen the bulk of their pax.

And that will the focus of market differentiation on the near four hour flight ?

That and MH need the capacity. PB once mentioned that MH is under capacity to both DEL and HKG. KUL-HKG is a (OW) hub-to-hub regional flight. In most cases, these are usually high frequency/capacity flights.

Product differentiation for a 4-hour flight is great. Product differentiation after a 12-16 hours TPAC or European flight is even better.

Some pax may have to wake up very early to catch this flight, I guess! ;)

...or they could be stepping off a red-eye from SYD or MEL and want to continue sleeping.

Sign in to follow this