MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

MH relics at AMD

I was at Ahmedabad airport last nite catching SQ443 back to SIN, and spotted these items.

MH office to the right (next to SQ), just opposite the check-in counters. I saw somebody entering the office. Poor chap.

IPB Image

The sudden death of MH179. I imagine some poor folks booked on MH179 were on the SQ flight last nite.

IPB Image

Sorry for low quality of pics. Discretely taken using cam-phone lah. Indian airports are sticky about cameras. Very high security. Last nite alone we had to go through some 10 checks before entering the plane! Used to be worse. :blink:

.ny

Thanks for the pictures, Agent Naim.

Roger, boss. My next mission is the Gulf states:

MH156 KUL-DXB 090406 A332

EK857 DXB-KWI 090406 A332

QR139 KWI-DOH 110406 B772

QR100 DOH-DXB 120406 A321

MH161 DXB-KUL 130406 A332

Wish me luck! B)

.ny

Any reason y the flight cancelled?

Well, good info over there naim!!!

Traffic has been bad, even for SQ. My 4/4/06 KUL-AMD on SQ442 had only 100+ ppl. The return trip 7/34/06 SQ443 had about 150 ppl. All in huge B772. :blink:

.ny

MH156 KUL-DXB 090406 A332

EK857 DXB-KWI 090406 A332

QR139 KWI-DOH 110406 B772

QR100 DOH-DXB 120406 A321

MH161 DXB-KUL 130406 A332

Would be nice to see a trip-report of your hand, naim, with comparisons between these high ranked Skytrax airlines; care to share after the trip ???

Seems like the expansion to India is less feasible than the expansion into China?

Yes SV, looks like that alright !!! But I guess airlines such as SQ and LH can afford to have trial and error or even make it even unlike MH, TG and GA who may run at losses with their ever popular management team. Let us hope that the new MH team will succeed and overcome the stereotypical expectations everyone had on them thus far.

Firstly, MAS should have started daily flights to BOM, DEL, BLR and HYD before making any other ventures into India. MAA was already daily then and they even over anticipated/expected the response to traffic to and from MAA that they even sent out a B744 there only to be converted back to an A330 now.

Would be nice to see a trip-report of your hand, naim, with comparisons between these high ranked Skytrax airlines; care to share after the trip ???

Got into KWI on time last night from DXB. From KUL, MH156 (9M-MKX) arrived DXB on schedule yesterday morning and had a 5-hr layover there. DXB airport is OK, but still some way to go to be on par with SIN. Anyway construction still in progress.

The EK DXB-KWI sector was with B772 (forgot reg.) and was packed. I hear there are 8 daily flights DXB-KWI, all normally packed. EK in-flight service was excellent (crew mainly foreigners - the chief purser had strong American twang, on the PA, so did 1st officer), and the IFE was the best I'd seen. No wonder they kept winning awards!

Otherwise Kuwait looks a rather bland city. Highways from airport like in southern Calif, such as driving south-east from SFO along I-101. But weather has been nice.

[Pics when I get to KL]

.ny

Sign in to follow this