MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ja Singh

MH service standards

2 days ago on my way to MEL if flew MH Y KUL/SIN. Loads were 35 percents plus minus.

During service I asked the crew if its possible to have a cup of tea and he replied sorry only cold drinks.

Thats a new low for MH service. I was glad I was flying Qantas on the next leg.!

Apparently it is not new - seems that they tend to suspend hot beverage services due to "bad weather", even though the weather could not have been any better.

Hope whatever CM does to turn MH around, he won't make onboard F&B BoB a la EI!

2 days ago on my way to MEL if flew MH Y KUL/SIN. Loads were 35 percents plus minus.

During service I asked the crew if its possible to have a cup of tea and he replied sorry only cold drinks.

Thats a new low for MH service. I was glad I was flying Qantas on the next leg.!

3 days ago on the way to MEL I flew MH KUL-SIN and Qantas onwards to BNE before MEL. A bit unfair to compare a 6:47 flight with a 45 minute flight........ You'd get a hot cup of tea if you flew KUL MEL on MH also :) Try a MEL CBR and they sometimes struggle to finish a round of service too ..

I was on 2 AK night flights recently and expected to arrived BKI around midnight. On both flights the crew served hot drinks even though the pilot already announced the suspension of the service, but those hot Milo was a relieve for me on a cold night before getting some decent meals upon arrival. We just have to be careful with it.

Also my recent MASwings 1hr flight they no longer serve "kuih" or peanuts any more. Just juice or packet of Milo.

Way to go MH.

On a recent MEL-KUL flight, the crew didnt serve hot drinks as the seat beat sign was on - like forever. I spoke to the crew and was told that they have to adhere strictly to "no hot drinks" while fasten seat belt sign is on. Perhaps MH has different service standard? I have been on other airlines that continue to serve hot drinks even while the seat belt sign is on!

30-40 minutes of flying time and cabin crew need to prepare a jug of hot tea in Y to cater 1 pax. Yeah customer always right.

On a recent MEL-KUL flight, the crew didnt serve hot drinks as the seat beat sign was on - like forever. I spoke to the crew and was told that they have to adhere strictly to "no hot drinks" while fasten seat belt sign is on. Perhaps MH has different service standard? I have been on other airlines that continue to serve hot drinks even while the seat belt sign is on!

Same policy for SQ. No hot beverages whilst seat belt sign is on - consider the risk borne by the crew of scalding one self or a pax. Complete service suspension is another step with lots of considerations and comms between CC and TC

3 days ago on the way to MEL I flew MH KUL-SIN and Qantas onwards to BNE before MEL. A bit unfair to compare a 6:47 flight with a 45 minute flight........ You'd get a hot cup of tea if you flew KUL MEL on MH also :) Try a MEL CBR and they sometimes struggle to finish a round of service too

Firstly the weather was perfect and seat belt sign was not on and the plane was only quarter full.

Duri g a toilet visit i saw the manager there asked if it was a policy on MH not to serve hot drink on sin flight.she was taken aback and so surprised and said.NO! She apologized and said she will get me one right away but I told her it's OK don't worry but it.The particular crew concerned

was just seating in his jumpseat reading a magazine.

magazine.

Also you do not need to brew a whole jug to make a little cup of tea.Teabags

Are provided for this purpose.

Suzanne I just said I was glad I was flying QF on the next leg and at no time

did I compare the 45 mins flight with the 7 hour flight.

Edited by jadivindra

Sign in to follow this