MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Smith

MAS Route Rationalisation Announcement

My sincere apologies if this is a repost, however a few days ago I recieved a .pdf containing Malaysia's new route rationalisation plan, and their dates of effect. (I do know some have previously been discussed)

**nb this came directly from MAS, some a/c types may not be correct at time of publication

Routes Streamlining

Effective 26th March:

KUL-KCH-SYD becomes KUL-SYD (772)

SYD-KCH-KUL becomes SYD-KUL (772)

KUL-KCH-PER becomes KUL-PER (333)

PER-KCH-KUL becomes PER-KUL (333)

LHR-LGK-KUL becomes LHR-KUL (744)

LHR-PEN-KUL becomes LHR-KUL (744)

Effective 15th May:

KUL-BKI-NRT on Fri to ops direct

NRT-BKI-KUL on Wed to ops direct

KUL-BKI-KIX on Mon/Sat to ops direct

Service Withdrawls

Effective 1st April:

KUL-AMD-KUL (was A332, 3x weekly)

KUL-CCU-KUL (was A333, 3x weekly)

KCH-PNK-KCH (was F50, 3x weekly)

Effective 1st May:

KUL-MAN-KUL (was 744, 4x weekly)

KUL-PDG-KUL (was 734, 2x weekly)

Effective 1st May:

KUL-VIE-KUL (was 772, 2x weekly)

KUL-XIY-KUL (was 332, 2x weekly)

Frequency Reductions

Effective 1st May:

BKI-PVG-BKI from 3 to 2, 734's weekly

SIN-PEN-SIN from 14 to 7, 734's weekly

KUL-SDK-KUL from 7 to 4, 734's weekly

Effective 15th May:

KUL-NGO-KUL from 5 to 4, 332's weekly

Effective 31st May:

KUL-FRA-KUL from 7 to 5, 772's weekly

Effective 1st June:

KUL-AKL-KUL from 7 to 5, 772's weekly

Service Retimings

Effective 1st May:

MH784 KUL-BKK (Daily 333) will now depart KUL at 0850 (previously 1000)

MH785 BKK-KUL (Daily 333) will now depart BKK at 1050 (previously 1200)

MH614 SIN-KUL (Daily 734) will now depart SIN at 1855 (previously 2225)

Effective 1st June:

KUL-BNE (Mon/Tue/Sun) retimed to depart at 2330 (previously 0940)

BNE-KUL (Mon/Tue/Wed) retimed to depart at 1400 (previously 2350)

I don't know what make MH think to fly international with domestic stop(KUL-KCH-SYD etc.). They can just simply put passengers to KUL and the then connect them to KUL-SYD etc. Plus, KUL-KCH -KUL will be longer than KUL-SYD..........and they all know it is not profitable. Glad USA routes still on.

I don't know what make MH think to fly international with domestic stop(KUL-KCH-SYD etc.). They can just simply put passengers to KUL and the then connect them to KUL-SYD etc.

That's exactly what they're gonna do...

That's exactly what they're gonna do...

They going to do, which is great, and they know that routes doesn't bring money, why don't stop immediately-thing will work out well now :)

Yet ex-PM suggest to continue on LHR-LGK-KUL route :rolleyes:

LANGKAWI, April 3 (Bernama) -- Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad says he disagree with Malaysia Airlines terminating the London-Langkawi direct flight as it may affect the island's tourism industry.

"The decision to discontinue the direct flight will jeopardise the Langkawi tourism industry and its people," he told reporters after delivering his keynote address at the Langkawi Development Dialogue, here Monday.

Malaysia Airlines recently announced that it will discontinue the twice a week London-Langkawi direct flights as the sector was not making profit.

Dr Mahathir said the national carrier should find ways to overcome the losses for the London-Langkawi sector.

"I hope Malaysia Airlines will not terminate the direct flight but find ways to overcome the losses. The arrivals of tourist from London will bring good to the tourism industry in Langkawi," he said.

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid, who was present at the press conference, said the state government has written to Malaysia Airlines asking the national carrier to reconsider the decision.

He said the state government has also written to Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy on the matter, including to request for an "open sky" concept for international flights into Langkawi so that more international airlines would land at the Langkawi International Airport.

I don't get it - care to elaborate ?

KUL-KCH-SYD is rather a longer trip than KUL-SYD ;) because KUL-SYD is 4111 miles and KUL-KCH-SYD is 4213 miles plus ground time and flying time, the flight will be longer, most passenger want to get to destination as soon as possible :) and highly doubt if Kuching is on the top list when visiting Malaysia cuz they will go to Kuala Lumpur(place of interest) and then other city in Malaysia.

They don't fly it in any direction! Its gone. :rolleyes:

Out of PER, KCH was good for the masses of students from Sarawak, and also a quicker way for tourists to reach the popular holiday spot of BKI!

KUL-KCH-SYD is rather a longer trip than KUL-SYD ;) because KUL-SYD is 4111 miles and KUL-KCH-SYD is 4213 miles plus ground time and flying time, the flight will be longer, most passenger want to get to destination as soon as possible :) and highly doubt if Kuching is on the top list when visiting Malaysia cuz they will go to Kuala Lumpur(place of interest) and then other city in Malaysia.

Thanks for clarifying, I assume some sort of typo error in your original post ?

Surprising the KCH detour is only 102 miles. Agreed if you take time spent in transit at detour destination, most 'travel through' pax will be inconvenienced.

Sign in to follow this