MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Simon

WARNING: Spotting Using Drones

The authories MUST BE BLAMED because instead of tracking that yengnasir drone guy and arrest him, they instead arrested one of our own, who did nothing wrong.

I just can't with people who suck up to authorities who clearly do not act right.

Yengnasir was tracked & had given his statement to the police & DCA.

Yeng sudah memberi kenyataan kepada polis pada Rabu lepas, dia juga sudah berjumpa pengurusan Jabatan Penerbangan Awam (DCA) dan memberi penjelasan yang diperlukan untuk membantu kelancaran kes.

Problem is people out there don't give one hoot about spotters - they don't even KNOW about spotting. To the average Joe, a plane spotter could be your next terrorist plotting the next attack. So can you really blame them for being overly sensitive about this, especially post MH370?

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I would like to think they did weigh up their options before apprehending said spotter

The number of non-spotters out there far far far outnumber us spotters

Assuming equal measures, the risk of damnation from non-spotters far far far outweigh damnation risk from us spotters

No brainer there :D

I would like to think they did weigh up their options before apprehending said spotter

The number of non-spotters out there far far far outnumber us spotters

Assuming equal measures, the risk of damnation from non-spotters far far far outweigh damnation risk from us spotters

No brainer there :D

That is the story of the way we do things in Malaysia - we just do it to appease rather than DO WHAT IS RIGHT!

The right thing to do is not to be heavy handed and arrest people left right and centre. It is sad that they need to have a show of force. This is not how civilised countries behave towards members of the public.

What should be done is to have security present and visible, observing what the people are doing. Afterall, the airport perimeter is a public road, not private property.

They should only approach people if they behave suspiciously. IMHO, taking photographs of aircraft from the ground does not constiture suspicious behaviour.

Edited by flee

It will be good if MAHB can set up some designated areas for plane spotting. That way, the authority can have a better control towards the spotters around the airport vicinity. In return, the spotters can legally do plane spotting in safer areas. It is a win-win situation. Happy days !

It will be good if MAHB can set up some designated areas for plane spotting

We were transferring between terminals at PER and passed by a sort of raised platform at one end of a runway with people happily spotting away. My imagination did wander off back to BKI briefly, but ..... yeah right, like it's gonna happen :lol:

It will be good if MAHB can set up some designated areas for plane spotting. That way, the authority can have a better control towards the spotters around the airport vicinity. In return, the spotters can legally do plane spotting in safer areas. It is a win-win situation. Happy days !

They will say the did - Anjung Tinjau.

We were transferring between terminals at PER and passed by a sort of raised platform at one end of a runway with people happily spotting away. My imagination did wander off back to BKI briefly, but ..... yeah right, like it's gonna happen :lol:

The same also exist in BNE. I spent a couple of hours at the location back in 2007.

so anybody here spotting after this incident?how does it goes?

I just went today. First I went to a hutan nearby 14L as I thought around runway all restricted area. Got police come up and ask me buat apa and they are very particular with drone cam keep saying tak guna remote control kan? After I tell them Im just using my DSLR they went off and I can continue taking pictures there. Afterwards I went to 32L realising it is a public road and no police came up to me. and very happy did the rest of the plane spotting.

Sign in to follow this