MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
T Azahan

MalaysianWings member 'hijacked' Romeo Foxtrot

Azahan, Imran....I'll be there in the next few weeks. OK I won't forget the munchies  :D

2775[/snapback]

No probs mate. Call/PM any of the spotters to arrange a date..and we'll all try to be there.

Btw...im not into the munchies...im a Paket Milo person! :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

Azahan,

Sibu's traffic is very boring but i'll try to upload more. I'll get my D70s sometime end of this month or early next month.

2783[/snapback]

Welcome to the dark side Raymond :)

Raymond,

yes, welcome to the dark side of the force. d70 can easily take nose shots of millenium falcon. heheheh......

fuah.... you guys make me wanna throw away my camera la  :(  :(

2799[/snapback]

don't throw lah... Sony is good wow... Even D70 or D70s the CCD is made by SONY :)

eh~~~ when am i getting a ride in the 5's ?

dont throw fendy, just donate to imran.

2802[/snapback]

LOL...All donations are welcome... :) :) Ermm...especially if the sensor is big....must take better pictures of the "model" than the picture set as my avatar!

Btw Azahan, I went to my uncles camera shop...he's fixing my sensor..getting it back on Sunday. :p

Apalaaa your friend...2 months kaaa to service sensor!

Guest Fendy
eh~~~ when am i getting a ride in the 5's ?

2806[/snapback]

when your D2X come...

Welcome to the dark side Raymond  :)

2785[/snapback]

Raymond,

yes, welcome to the dark side of the force. d70 can easily take nose shots of millenium falcon. heheheh......

2792[/snapback]

JonKong and Azahan,

Yeah, i'm also glad i joined the dark side. Looking forward to join u guys in KUL end of Aug. Not to forget Mr. Tee Kay as well.

By the way Azahan, how's the Bigma performance on the D70? From the nose shots, i can see that they are sharp. But i heard from JonKong that it's very heavy.

JonKong and Azahan,

Yeah, i'm also glad i joined the dark side. Looking forward to join u guys in KUL end of Aug. Not to forget Mr. Tee Kay as well.

By the way Azahan, how's the Bigma performance on the D70? From the nose shots, i can see that they are sharp. But i heard from JonKong that it's very heavy.

2824[/snapback]

i dont know about azahan but i've tried his camera before and i find it quite heavy .

i dont know about azahan but i've tried his camera before and i find it quite heavy .

2825[/snapback]

With THAT lens any camera will be heavy.

raymond. yes sigma 500 is heavy may be to non-users. because you may want to play with mine for few shots. but if you own one and use it continuosly (it has been almost half a year for me), you will definitely get used to its weight. and for a good nose shot or half shot, i can't head to weather centre without it.

Nose shots of TK (and at V1/rotation speed with sux weather) are difficult. It is difficult because you are racing with plane at such speed and the cloud is keeping the sun away. But sooner or later with enormous amount of time spent on spotting, you will be accustomed to the lense and your arm/hand will be steadier. Trust me. Darker side will give you more exposure. hehe

and it is cheaper compared to nikkor. buy... buy!!

Azahan,

I'm very tempted to buy this lense. The range is fantastic. You can get from side on shot to nose shot from the weather station. The only reason for not doing so is the price. How much will it cost 2nd hand in KL?

JonKong,

Thanks for the price update.

Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 - RM 2200 2nd hand

Sigma 50-500 - RM 2500++ 2nd hand

Nikkor 70-210 - RM 650++ 2nd hand

Which lense should i go for :blink: ?

raymond, i am not sure. when i bought mine 6 months ago, it was considered the best deal which i couldnt refuse.....camera plus kit lense plus sigma 500 plus 1 gig lexar all brand new at rm7700. but you need a large dedicated bag (i recommend 'lowepro' for your expensive toy), 2 lense filter (1 for kit lense, 1 for sigma lense) plus accessories such as monopod, tripod bla bla would cost you more than what i have mentioned). but you can skip the accessories for the time being but a dedicated bag is essential. i bought all at a shop in pudu. why i like the pudu shop is that the owner, raymond gives me free tuition from time to time whenever i drop by.

you surely get a better deal now. and sigma, is a lot cheaper than nikkor! buy..buy!!!

raymond. you can KIV on the flash at the moment if i were you. nite shot of still pictures...... with D70 u dont need a flash. i am sure u should know better based on your past visits to the terrace. and you could do it with ISO at 200!!!!

low light?? nikkor can do....sigma also caaaannnnnn........heheheheh. see my picture below by D70 and sigma. . sorry gavin, allow me to put larger files of 1000. just to cucok raymond to buy d70 and sigma. heheheheh

6June2005_9M-MPF_1.jpg

3July2005_9MMRE_1.jpg

buy raymond, buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azahan,

Thanks for the advice. I need the flash to take wedding pics of cousin soon. U know lar, get married in church with high ceiling, so need powerful flash to get nice pics.

Do u have a tripod? Which tripod would u recommend? I need an ordinary tripod that can support camera with lense finely. Budget mah, as low as possible.

Any idea of how much D70s cost in KL now? If the price is much cheaper than Sibu, i might consider to buy in KL.

I will get myself the 70-210mm old Nikkor lense plus the Bigma 50-500mm lense. Although the 70-210mm is a really sharp lense, but sooner or later you will want the reach for the longer range.

I think Azahan had showed us how to get the best from the 50-500mm.... i am still getting quite a number of blurred shots from my 100-300mm lense. He has really stable hands. :)

If you have a deep pocket, go for 70-200mm AFS VR. Superb quality :D

For me i am happy with my 70-210mm and 100-300mm lense. Maybe later i might add a 80-200mm F2.8(second hand one)

Flash go for SB800, around RM1200 when i checked the price months ago

Cheers

Azahan,

Just saw the pic. Well, what i really want to know is how the lense perform when taking aircraft taking off or landing during early morning and evening, something like motion blur shots.

Sign in to follow this