MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
zeqa

Royal Brunei delay.

One plane is grounded in London due to technical problem .It effects the whole RB operations? oO

Dear All,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, please note the following flights will be delayed as per follows:

1) Brunei to Jakarta, flight # BI 735 / 30 December, has been rescheduled to depart at 1445 (GMT+8), arriving at 1600 (GMT+7).

2) Jakarta to Brunei, flight # BI 736 / 30 December, has been rescheduled to depart at 1640 (GMT+7), arriving at 2000 (GMT+8).

3) Brunei to Kuala Lumpur, flight # BI873 / 30 December, has been rescheduled to depart at 1830 (GMT+8), arriving at 2040 (GMT+8).

4) Kuala Lumpur to Brunei, flight # BI874 / 30 December, has been rescheduled to depart at 2140 (GMT+8), arriving at 0001+1 / 31 December (GMT+8).

5) Brunei to Hong Kong, flight # BI 635 / 30 December, departed at 1345 (GMT+8), arriving at 1645 (GMT+8).

6) Hong Kong to Brunei, flight # BI 636 / 30 December is to be advised.

7) Brunei to Bangkok, flight # BI 515 / 30 December, has been rescheduled to depart at 1950 (GMT+8), arriving at 2135 (GMT+7).

8) Bangkok to Brunei, flight # BI 516 / 30 December, has been rescheduled to depart at 2220 (GMT+7), arriving at 0205+1 / 31 December (GMT+8).

9) Brunei to Singapore, flight # BI 423 / 30 December, has been rescheduled to depart at 2040 (GMT+8), arriving at 2240 (GMT+8).

10) Singapore to Brunei, flight # BI 424 / 30 December, has been rescheduled to depart at 2320 (GMT+8), arriving at 0130+1 / 31 December (GMT+8).

11) Brunei to Bangkok, flight # BI 517 / 30 December, has been rescheduled to depart at 0245 on 31 December, arriving at 0430+1 / 31 December.

12) Bangkok to Brunei, flight # BI 512 / 31 December remains unchanged.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and are working hard to get the schedule back on time.

RB appreciates the understanding and patience of our affected passengers and their families during this holiday season.

Thank you.

Press release from RB

Press release from Royal Brunei Airlines (RB): Royal Brunei Airlines flight BI098 from London, via Dubai to Brunei on 27 December 2012 experienced a technical issue prior to the journey to Dubai which required a precautionary return to London Heathrow. BI098 landed safely back at London Heathrow at 11:39am local time.

Due to current holiday peak period, RB was only able to secure a chartered replacement aircraft to operate the flight out of London Heathrow, operated by Titan Airways on a 767-300ER.

As part of RB’s commitment to ensure the comfort and welfare of the affected passengers in London, Dubai and Brunei, accommodation, transportation and meals were provided during long layover periods.

The chartered replacement flight, BI098D is estimated to depart London Heathrow at 10.45pm local time and estimated to arrive in Dubai at 9:25pm local time. Passengers on the onwards flight will depart Dubai the following day on 29th December 2012 at 11:10am and arrive into Brunei at 10.50pm local time, the same day 29th December 2012.

rba_titan.jpg

Royal Brunei is basically screwed up as they do not have any extra aircraft to spare. After returning two B777-200ER to SQ, RB remaining B777 are running tight schedule two each for LHR-DXB-BWN and BWN-MEL flights. Not forgetting the five Airbuses are also working their butt out for the non-stop regional flights. One mistake or fault will result in disastrous effect, like now.

RB Facebook fanpage is flamed by netizens, however I am sure RB staff is currently working hard to bring the schedule up online again. They should have just bought the ex-SQ B777-200ER 9V-SQG when ILFC sent it for scrapping.....

Ya I saw this piece of news on RB website when searching for info on their B787, but I wasn't expecting the delay to reach such extend.

Royal Brunei is basically screwed up as they do not have any extra aircraft to spare. After returning two B777-200ER to SQ, RB remaining B777 are running tight schedule two each for LHR-DXB-BWN and BWN-MEL flights. Not forgetting the five Airbuses are also working their butt out for the non-stop regional flights. One mistake or fault will result in disastrous effect, like now.

RB Facebook fanpage is flamed by netizens, however I am sure RB staff is currently working hard to bring the schedule up online again. They should have just bought the ex-SQ B777-200ER 9V-SQG when ILFC sent it for scrapping.....

Just for the record I think someone posted on FB that V8-BLA was in BKI last night as upgraded equipment.

I don't know how true is it, someone actually stated on their facebook, 4 out of 9 aircrafts of RB are now grounded at various location due to mechanical fault. This is disastrous if proven to be true. Peak season of holiday....kids returning to schools etc......

I thought they always have a spare 772 laying around BWN? I was there on 9 Dec and 10 Dec and saw V8-BLF on 9 Dec and V8-BLC on 10 Dec both sitting at the ramp

4 out of 9? that's a lot. You can see how RB is cutting cost. One is the new livery which uses less yellow & all white scheme? maximized all planes & spare planes are return back to lessor. Also most of the food cutlery are now plastic & no more real spoon. Layoff off extra staff ( cabin crew, RBA ticketing staff, ground staff etc). I do hope they do not cut on maintenance. oO

I don't know how true is it, someone actually stated on their facebook, 4 out of 9 aircrafts of RB are now grounded at various location due to mechanical fault. This is disastrous if proven to be true. Peak season of holiday....kids returning to schools etc......

One A320 is in the hangar @BWN. For a scheduled repaint?

Btw, -RBR and -RBP are already in the new colours.

I thought they always have a spare 772 laying around BWN? I was there on 9 Dec and 10 Dec and saw V8-BLF on 9 Dec and V8-BLC on 10 Dec both sitting at the ramp

I think those two are meant for MEL and LHR flight for the day, RB would want to send those half way across the world to rescue pax, rather they sourced for charter plane in UK.

4 out of 9? that's a lot. You can see how RB is cutting cost. One is the new livery which uses less yellow & all white scheme? maximized all planes & spare planes are return back to lessor. Also most of the food cutlery are now plastic & no more real spoon. Layoff off extra staff ( cabin crew, RBA ticketing staff, ground staff etc). I do hope they do not cut on maintenance. oO

Dermott Mannion maybe screwing RB just like what he did for Aer Lingus few years back. I agree RB should cut cost, but not this way. The new livery is just way too plain for a FSC, although the branding logo is nice. I can't imagine eating steak or chicken which are hardly cooked (often in RB flight) with plastic spoon. As for him, cutting staff is norm. Aer Lingus staff was brutally 'slaughtered' by him, but the airline didn't manage to go far.

RB is heading back to pre-9/11 era. Hope this is temporary until their B787 comes; all other SEA carriers are forging ahead with new products, fleet and inflight experiences.

One A320 is in the hangar @BWN. For a scheduled repaint?

Btw, -RBR and -RBP are already in the new colours.

Am not sure about this. However, I don't think they are that brainless to schedule a repaint now when it is a peak season......:(

Any titan airways 767 doing bki, kul?

Don't think so, unless RB really has that many aircraft grounded. Titan Airways B767 was used to rescue Dec 27th LHR-DXB-BWN pax. Another B767 is said to be deployed for 28th Dec pax....

Looks like RBA is in bad shape. They just chartered 8Q-MEI over to BKI last night as a regular BI flight last night.

Edited by jahur

I'm actually surprised they got hold of another A320 rego V8-RBU that seemed to have missed the local media spotlight. One A320 to replace...how many returned 777s? And I sure hope the other existing, pre-rebranding planes don't get repainted to the new livery.

I'm actually surprised they got hold of another A320 rego V8-RBU that seemed to have missed the local media spotlight. One A320 to replace...how many returned 777s? And I sure hope the other existing, pre-rebranding planes don't get repainted to the new livery.

-RBU has been with the fleet for a while now. Not a recent addition.

I'm not saying it is. It's the low-key nature of the acquisition that raises curiosity about the goings-on internally, considering that any additional planes usually are a big deal in the local media.

I'm not saying it is. It's the low-key nature of the acquisition that raises curiosity about the goings-on internally, considering that any additional planes usually are a big deal in the local media.

RB has been pretty under the radar for past few months except for the rebranding exercise. V8-RBU is a second hand aircraft I doubt RB would want to waste a big welcoming ceremony for it.

I was suprise too- I use V8-RBU in July for my flight from Brunei to Singapore. I was thinking when did RBA get this plane.... I look up its ex tiger airways..

Looks like RBA is in bad shape. They just chartered 8Q-MEI over to BKI last night as a regular BI flight last night.

What??

Yep- They manage to sneek it in low profile..

The new livery is not that bad. I think the old livery will stick at the Royal flight.

looks like there is a delay that affects RB long haul routes

BI053 that were due to depart Brunei for Melbourne on 20 September 2013.
The re-scheduled departure time is now at 0800 or 8am on 21 September 2013 with revised flight number, BI053D.
Due to the above delay, Melbourne to Brunei flight, BI054, has now been re-scheduled to depart at 1800 or 6pm (Melbourne Local Time) and shall arrive into Brunei at 2310 or 11.10pm (Brunei Local Time).

BI097 due to fly from Brunei to London via Dubai tonight - 21 September 2013.

The re-scheduled departure time will be 0025 or 12.25am (Brunei Local Time) on 22 September 2013.

Due to the above delay, Dubai to London flight, BI097 / 22 September 2013, has been re-scheduled and will now depart at 0545 or 5.45am (Dubai Local Time) same day and shall arrive into London at 2215 or 10.15pm (London Local Time).

BI517 due to fly from Brunei to Bangkok on 21 September 2013.

The re-scheduled departure time will be 2340 or 11.40pm (Brunei Local Time) on 21 September 2013.
Due to the above delay, Bangkok to Brunei flight, BI518 / 21 September 2013, has been re-scheduled and will now depart at 0205 or 2.05am (Bangkok Local Time) on 22 September 2013 and shall arrive into Brunei at 0550 or 5.50am (Brunei Local Time) same day.

WOW. I do hope the new upcoming 787 has no major recall. eg. 787 battery problem etc. This would really affect RBA operations...

Dealt with another delay on RB lastnight. Flight BI424 was delayed inbound from 2135hrs to 0105hrs due to operational requirements. No other reasons given but were only told upon arrival at Changi. Plane that took us back was V8-DLB. Since V8-DLA is currently on static display at Dubai Airshow, not sure why they weren't able to sub the a320 in like they did to the BI421 on the 13th of Nov.

Also, a family member was onboard the earlier BI422 fight but RB system at Changi was down and had to resort to manual check in. Safe to say, a lot of unhappy passengers on RB's network yesterday!

Sign in to follow this