MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Chaity

14th & 15th Mac 06 Kul Spotting

I wonder how pilot know or notice that tire is puncture before they do the landing?

Any sensor or equipment for tires?

The onboard computer will immediately sense the reduction in the tyre's air pressure thus causing a warning message to be displayed on the EICAS.. :)

The onboard computer will immediately sense the reduction in the tyre's air pressure thus causing a warning message to be displayed on the EICAS.. :)

Not on the B737 classic. No EICAS.

Basically, you wouldn't know if the tire is deflated. There is the gear down indicator and wheelwell fire warning system. So if you retract the gear with the brake too hot, the fuse might melt and the high temp will trigger the wheelwell fire alarm. The remedy, however, is to leave the gear extended and land as soon at the nearest suitable airport, so if that is the case they SHOULD have return to CNX or even BKK.

"SAFETY before SCHEDULE"

I took my chance and went to Obs Hill yesterday during lunch time.

Thurday is single runway ops. Usual traffic but saw 4 private jets near the domestic terminal.

Later, this Falcon departing and make my some what boring spotting paid off. :lol:

IPB Image

is that schumi's jet in the background? as refer to radzi's post

Hey guys..I read newspaper just now. It reports that 4 F1 team+stuff including FERRARI were sent my MH330-300 directly from Bahrain To KLIA. Their cars which weight 110 tonnes were sent by Emirates SkyCargo from Bahrain to KLIA too..and arrive at tuesday morning(1-3am) :)

Edited by Min Chun

is that schumi's jet in the background? as refer to radzi's post

Yahh... Correct :D

Not on the B737 classic. No EICAS.

Basically, you wouldn't know if the tire is deflated. There is the gear down indicator and wheelwell fire warning system. So if you retract the gear with the brake too hot, the fuse might melt and the high temp will trigger the wheelwell fire alarm. The remedy, however, is to leave the gear extended and land as soon at the nearest suitable airport, so if that is the case they SHOULD have return to CNX or even BKK.

"SAFETY before SCHEDULE"

TQ to you Merang... and of cos.. Mr. Kapitan...

Kapitan Radzi? Do you ever having tyre puncture issue on your aircraf before landing?

Chaity and TK, thanks for the great shots. AK was making a "Travolta Approach".

Edited by Attan

Guest Fendy

actually the SLK is no more the safety car, the new safety car is the CLK63 AMG...

the car on top is the medical car, C55 AMG

Guest Fendy

Do they use the BMW M5 for Safety Car? There are some models out there that depict the M5 as a safety car.

the M5 and M6 safety cars are used in the MotoGP.

Sign in to follow this