MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

Photographic impressions of Palma de Mallorca

Guys,

As promised in my highlights section, please, find below some photographic impressions of PMI on the Ballearic Island of Mallorca. Some points of interest:

- Most pictures were taken of aircraft taking-off from 24R, some 1 kilometer away.

- Most pictures were taken with max 400mm: had to take these shots thru a fence of the parking-garage.

- Weather was very windy with gusts up to 30 knots :mellow:

- Comments welcome; all shots are not edited B)

IPB Image

Iberworld A320 in a white colour-scheme, probably for lease-out to Martinair this summer (normal tail colour is dark-blue).

IPB Image

Spanair Mad-Dog; the company is headquartered at PMI and is a Star-Alliance member.

IPB Image

AirEuropa is another spanish carrier and will become associate-member of SkyTeam shortly.

IPB Image

Mallorca is extremely popular among the German holidaymakers; here a Condor/Thomas Cook A320.

IPB Image

IPB Image

2 more -800's of UX: why the 1st one has "faded" colours, is unknown to me :o

IPB Image

Air Nostrum/IB regional is operating ATR72 and DH8-300 regional flights between the Islands and mainland.

IPB Image

Was lucky to see this rare 717; although sporting SpanairLink titles, it's owned by Aerbal.

IPB Image

UX operates this nice "Disney" 737-800 also ;)

IPB Image

IPB Image

LTU was at PMI with 4 A320's at a certain moment; I was able to catch these 2 football ones: "Bayer04 Leverkussen" and "Borussia MoenchenGladbach"

IPB Image

Niki is the airline of Niki Lauda, the former F1 driver, and has a close-cooperation with Air-Berlin. Here an A321 with a nice reflection of the tail colours in the terminal window.

IPB Image

Air-Berlin is operating a hub at PMI, connecting German/Dutch flights with Spanish/Portuguese destinations. one tail is a 320 tail: which one ?

Rest of the pictures will be at a different topic, as a "photographic trip-report" of my flight on AB between PMI and AMS...

Pieter,

Nice pics sir ..

By any chance that the Thomas Cook 757 lands there ..?

In high-season (JUL-AUG), no doubt, the 757-300 will fly to PMI ;)

Guest Fendy

nice shots there pieter, thanks.

Air-Berlin is operating a hub at PMI, connecting German/Dutch flights with Spanish/Portuguese destinations. one tail is a 320 tail: which one ?

the last one :)

btw, i love abba :)

nice shots there pieter, thanks.

the last one :)

You're right, Fendy, tail is a bit smaller; it was D-ABDB, by the way...

ABBA is, like the ABBM I flew on, one of the 1st series they took...

Nice shots Pieter..Plenty of small planes..Like the line up of The Air Berlin one..

Good pics Pieter, even more impressive considering you were so far away.

Yeah, Niki flies as Air Berlin on some routes. If you book a flight on Air Berlin, you may end up flying Niki instead.

My wife flew Niki last year ZRH-VIE-ZRH and said that she was very impressed. She even brought one sandwich out for me (free) and it was quite good, definitely better than Swiss. Next time I have to teach her how to write trip reports and take Ah Moi pics as well. ;)

Great photos bro! I really like the ones you took onboard D-ABBM. I cant wait till my trip in July...lets fly Air Berlin instead of driving to Germany! :lol:

..... Next time I have to teach her how to write trip reports and take Ah Moi pics as well. ;)

The Ah Moi's will never know that we have monsters here who'll enjoy the pics :lol:

Sign in to follow this