MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Lombok LOP/WADL

Did a short trip to Lombok, taking advantage of AK's launch fares. Here are some pix of the airport. Not too spotter friendly from the terminal. Traffic is also rather sparse, to be expected.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

That last pic of Lion's PK-LFG illustrates what a versatile airport design can be like

Pay a premium, get to use the aerobridge

Wanna go cheap, go down the stairs and climb back up via the steps

And to think there was ever such a fuss kicked up about KLIA2 to be aerobridge equipped or aerobridgeless :D

The airport design is quite modern and I like the floor textures too (sorry a bit OT)! :D

Yes it is a modern design but the Immigration is slow - only 2 counters were open. Baggage also took a while to come - I think they do a security scan first. Hand luggage also needed to be scanned before we are allowed out.

However, the AirAsia check in was very smooth and efficient. There were 4 departure gates, two are international.

Here is an aerial of the airport. Sorry about the quality - lots of open burning haze in Lombok:

web.jpg

Long time ago when i went to Lombok was on a Fokker 27, Merpati!!! wow....what a change of its airport.

That last pic of Lion's PK-LFG illustrates what a versatile airport design can be like

Pay a premium, get to use the aerobridge

Wanna go cheap, go down the stairs and climb back up via the steps

And to think there was ever such a fuss kicked up about KLIA2 to be aerobridge equipped or aerobridgeless :D

Lion Air has business class and the CGK-LOP fare is double that of the economy fare! So I guess those biz class pax use the aerobridge.

web.jpg

The king of the no aerobridge flights is also accommodated at LOP:

web.jpg

KLIA2 fuss was probably due to the fact that aerobridges will increase construction costs. AK is paranoid that these costs will be passed on to them (even though they do not use the aerobridges) via the airport fees, office rental, car park charges (for its All Stars), etc. If it costs more for their staff, it will also impact on the salaries and allowances they pay. So all these little things add up and the bean counters made sure that a big fuss is kicked up!

Flee, I love both props but Im really excited to see this stunning painted Fokker 50

CB, Indonesia and the Philippines have lots of props (both ancient and modern types) servicing their remote areas.

I agree that the Trans Nusa is really very attractive. Puts you in holiday mood already! :)

One last prop that I spotted at LOP:

web.jpg

On our return flight to KUL, we waited for this private jet to land. However it had a missed approach.

web.jpg

Sign in to follow this