MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Seth K

Transmile to launch KUL-Shanghai-US route

Transmile gears up for Shanghai-US route

By Jimmy Yeow, 08 Mar 2006 9:14 PM

Transmile Group Bhd, the niche airfreight operator, will see its bottom line boosted by the soon-to-be-launched Kuala Lumpur-Shanghai-US route targeted for this month, industry sources said.

The service will enable Transmile to tap into the lucrative China air cargo market following the liberal Malaysia-China air services agreement for freighter flights. Malaysian carriers can operate to five inland cities of their choice with unlimited frequencies and up to twice daily flights from Beijing and Shanghai.

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has forecast that Asia-Pacific air cargo traffic is set to grow at 8.5% a year until 2009 with China providing the main thrust. It also said the freight traffic between China and Malaysia is predicted to grow at 16.2% annually between 2004 and 2008.

Billionaire Tan Sri Robert Kuok Hock Nien is the single largest shareholder in Transmile with a 20% stake through the Kuok Group while the company's chief executive officer Gan Boon Aun ” a co-founder of the company ” has a 3.3% stake.

With the new routes, analysts said Transmile might require up to four additional freighters with the B747-200 that has 100 tonnes capacity as the likely choice instead of MD-11s, which are in short supply, to serve China's burgeoning air cargo market..............

Nothing real shock here, but the interesting part is they might acquire 4 addiational freighters which is 747 :blink:

Good move indeed ;)

I worked with Transmile so far everything is very fast pace for the future. We just getting use to handling MD11 and now with 747-200F x 2 intially...at the present moment the rate of narrow body to wide body is 2 years within the company and they are looking for pilots and also now recruiting 200hrs pilot. and at this rate you will be flying widebody in 2.5 years. not bad for non government funded aviation company.

Thanks for the info steve...........................so how Transmile going to acquire, from Arizona desert. btw......

:) WELCOME TO THE THREAD :)

It would be awesome to see Transmile Colours on a 742...

They doing quite well....

"the likely choice instead of MD-11s, which are in short supply, to serve China's burgeoning air cargo market.............."

What do they mean by "which are in short supply" ????

If Transmile is doing fairly well, maybe in the near future, it will order or lease the A380 .. woo hooo... :p Transmile Boleh!!

Thank you for the big welcome, unfortunately I would like to remain anonymous due to my position, i hope you all understand..MD 11 freighters are in short supply around the world, plus is not feesable to convert to cargo from passengers and if there is around it is very expensive to aquire. 747-200 we found were not from the desert but from European region, hope this answer ur inquiries, Transmile is growing but at the end of the day I felt too slow, future wise in Transmile is very bright and I hope eventually we catch up with the rest of the worlds airline.

Go!!! Go!!! Transmile I Realy Love Transmile especialy the MD-11. Good to Here You For Transmile Air Service Hope Someday can give us permission to go visit the Transmile Hanger in Subang ;)

Anyway I can't wait to see Transmile Livery on B742.. Must be A realy Cool Livery.

cargo = fast blooming prospect ..

Agree. :)

Sure one day I will organise this for you all but not so soon, at the moment bz with all the flying, I might thrown in sim as well. :D

Why not? :lol: :lol:

If we must pay...pay we shall! :)

Sign in to follow this