MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Tafe

AirAsia X Introduce Quiet Zone

Following MH steps, D7 will implement child-free zone aka 'Quiet Zone' by February 2013. According to the website, pax on this zone will enjoy special ambience light. I wonder how it looks!

If you book any seats at this zone, you will be charge the same 'Pick A Seat' fee which are RM35 Standard and RM 110 Hot Seat. For sure, this 63 seats on Quiet Zone will be snap up very fast. I wouldn't mind paying more to get rid from crazy, overjoy and frantic kids.

Here the link!

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/flightinfo/quiet-zone.page?sb

Frankly, I wouldn't mind being surrounded by these crazy, overjoy and frantic kids..(so long as they don't barf on me), it's all part of the traveling experience LCC style :D ..

Frankly, I wouldn't mind being surrounded by these crazy, overjoy and frantic kids..(so long as they don't barf on me), it's all part of the traveling experience LCC style :D ..

Agreed, traveling experience on LCC style. Eventhought not only frantic kids but some an adult act like a child. :D

It just my personal preferences. I would rather select standard seat at kids-free zone rather than in noisy zone for the same fee.

When D7 announced this a few months ago, I thought that they were going to charge more for seats in this zone. So I was not very happy! Now that they said that the fee is the same, it is a no brainer that one who needs a restful flight should be in this cabin. However, if demand is high, D7 may start to raise the prices for these seats! Lets see how things go...

Perhaps following the footstep of MH's child free policy, AirAsia X is coming up with their own quiet zone..

Travellers who favour the sound of silence can book an AirAsia X Quiet Zone seat on long-haul flights from February. Rows seven to 14, directly behind premium class, is the dedicated zone. Seats here don't cost extra, beyond the "pick-a-seat" fee of 35 ringgit ($11) for economy seats and 110 ringgit for "hot seats" the airline already charges passengers. Under-12s are not allowed in rows seven to 14. See airasia.com.

Here's what I experience recently sitting in the AX quiet zone. Its not quiet !!.

I booked for a quiet zone hot-seat to and fro SYD, and was enjoying some leg room until in come a couple with a cranky kid in the premium class. The kid was whining and crying during taxing and in flight for a good hour or so until I guess tireness set in and the situation returns to calmness only to be spoilt a while later with a less intensed scream every now and then. Luckily, that passed over quickly as the kid begins her night slumber (since our flight is an overnight flight).

On my return trip, there wasn't any kids in the premium class, so I was expecting a good nap only to be annoyed by a tourist-turned tour guide aunty that can't stop yakking about our country, or how expensive AX onboard food is, or how they so veteren-naly travelled between countries to a fellow passenger. Luckily for all of us, the good thinking listener quickly opted for the RM50.00 Ss Tab and was quickly left alone to enjoy the rest of the flight.

Seriously, why pay to be seated in the quiet zone if you are there not to enjoy some peace and quiet? In addition, loud yelping annoys other passengers which may in some stages of the flight could have comtemplated to ask for a refund from AX since it is no longer a quiet zone).

And why does AX allows kids in the premium class? Won't the crying baby annoyed these premium seats' passengers?

Besides the human made noises, this cabin section has lower aircraft noise than the back.

However, I particularly enjoyed not only the extra leg room, but also the ambience lighting that allows you for some shut-eye (even a short one) during day flight.

Actually, you do not pay any extra for the Quiet Zone seat. The price you paid was for advance seat reservation and there is no extra charge even if you chose a seat in the Quiet Zone.

Sign in to follow this