MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Airasia To Spend US$5 Million On Rebranding

SEPANG, May 11 (Bernama) -- Low-cost airline, AirAsia, is setting aside US$5 million (about RM15.37 million) for its rebranding exercise.

AirAsia Group Head of Commercial, Kathleen Tan said the rebranding involves the airlines' new corporate identity and weekend uniform for flight attendants.

"The corporate identity involves a new look to our office, all check-in counters, advertisements, and even our new aircraft.

"We are currently focusing the rebranding exercise on the main hubs at Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Jakarta. We will then continue with the enhancement of our secondary hubs while the final phase is to have the new corporate identity presence on all our routes.

"We are aiming to fully rollout the new branding by year-end," Tan told reporters after unveiling the new uniform and corporate identity at the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT), here today.

She said since AirAsia was formed 10 years ago, the focus had been mainly on financial stability and passenger growth.

"After the awesome 10 years, we are now shifting our focus towards increasing the level of comfort and excitement of our passengers," Tan said.

Does this means a new logo?......I remembered AK just change their flight crew uniforms quite recently to those "body hugging" type, rite.....is it the same as the weekend uniform ?

From my sources in AK, w/end uniform would be red blouse with white inner shirt with 3 top button unfasten, spaghetti strap and dark blue pants ( from the pic shown to me) looks like jeans.

Very 'inviting' look to me ........ :pardon:

:hi:

Not that the figure has ever been disclosed/acknowledged, but wasn't RM18mil the figure bandied about for what MH paid to AK's owner's football club for just one facet of it's rebranding exercise ?

Now AK shows that the whole exercise can be done for less than RM16mil

Time to do the maths :)

According to the interview TF had with the Star, "it is closer to only 10% of what was speculated."

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=16474&st=1620&do=findComment&comment=304641

So maybe it was "only" £2m?

In any case I think Malaysian companies do not invest enough on branding. Just look at Coke. They spend loads of money on brand building for what is essentially sugared and carbonated water.

So US$ 5m after ten years is really not a lot...

So maybe it was "only" £2m?

Could be, could be less, could be much more :)

In any case, I suspect the advertising people should already have had a bumper year with MH's branding, rebranding, unbranding, rerebranding ....... :D

Edited by BC Tam

Sign in to follow this