MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Airline logos

Azmal, dare I say, you are one true anglophile :p

Bet you like Austin Powers as well.

Edited by S V Choong

CX = reminds me of chicken wings...especially BBQ chicken wings.

On a serious note, I think Frontier Airlines' name plus billboard fonts are unique. I've seen them in Canada and Alaska.

IPB Image

IPB Image

More here:

http://www.lockonaviation.net/html/frontierairlines.html

Denny,

Don't want to spoil the party, but ain't we talking about airline-logos here, instead of tail-colours ?? :o :unsure:

Big difference, in my opinion :lol:

Azmal, dare I say, you are one true anglophile :p

Cheers Choong :lol: :D

or "Mr. Bean" and/or "Keeping up appearances" :p :p :p

I liked it even better before they decided to do away with the world tails series :( (I like Chelsea Rose, Colum and Delftblue Daybreak)

Still my favourite is the old Landor logo with the coat of arms.

I prefer the current one because its modern, sophisticated and defines the legacy of BA, as THE flag carrier of the UK. I felt that the world tails ones complicated the identity of the carrier and was probably reflective of the aspiration of the carrier at that time to fly to as many places as they can around the globe.

China Airlines - Mei Hua flower - National flower of the Kuomintang. On a side note, Mei Hua. however, is not a symbol for Communist China. I believe China's is Jasmine.

Air New Zealand - Koru - Traditional Maori pattern

Vietnam - Golden Lotus - prolly something to do with Buddhism

Thai - (not sure about the name) but the fabric the Thais put on top of the elephant's head or body

JAL (old livery) - Tsuru (crane) - Oriental crane symbolises longevity and peacfulness.

Korean - Ying/Yang symbol - Though the Ying/Yang symbol is Chinese in origin, Korean adopted Chinese culture for many centuries. In fact Korea today is in fact the example modern Confucian society along with Singapore. Even more so than China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Vietnam and Japan.

Dragonair - Dragon - an Oriental symbol.

Various Chinese Airlines - China Southern, Air China, China Southern and etc. Just birds in general, can't read their meaning behind it. Except perhaps Air China's might be a Phoenix (another Chinese symbol).

Garuda - Bird - legendary Indonesian bird called Garuda.

American - Eagle - American Eagle as national symbol.

Canadian - Maple leaf - national symbol.

British Airways - part section of the stylised the Union Jack - national flag.

Ansett - Southern Cross - corresponding to the number of stars found on the Australian flag. 6 stars for Ansett Australia. 4 red stars for Ansett New Zealand

Aer Lingus - traditional green leaf - symbol of Ireland. You can see this also on St Patrick's day.

Alaskan Eskimos - bloody snow and cold over there!

where's KLM ??? - crown - as the airline was appointed by the late Queen Wilhelmina to be called a "Royal" company...there was even a debate two years ago in parliament, to abolish the crown, " as KLM would be taken over by Air France"...the current queen, Beatrix, granted the further use of the crown, despite being part of the AF-KL group nowadays :)

Could you imagine the KLM name without the crown ??? :huh:

MH, and TG's new facelifted logo are my personal faves. However one I sorely miss, is the various Ansett (and Ansett Australia and Ansett. and Ansett WA.......) logo's over the years. The new logo of Skywest (a former Ansett feeder airline) is stunning from all angles!

Guest Fendy

Does anyone know the meaning behind Air Asia's logo?

liam and i were talking about this awhile back according to him its a stylised 'air' on one side and 'asia' on the other :huh:

or "Mr. Bean" and/or "Keeping up appearances" :p :p :p

Oh, plenty more! Ab Fab, Sherlock Holmes (with Jeremy Brett and Edward Hardwicke/David Burke), Little Britain, Mind Your Language.... ;)

Not to say the current BA scheme is bad, but just too plain 'white and empty', to me. I'd rather they stick to the old landor scheme, but each man to his own I suppose. :lol: :D

Edited by H Azmal

Azmal,

How about Virgin Atlantic with the british flag on the winglets ??? :rolleyes:

Pelangi Air all the way. LOL and FedEX; simple but elegant. Others include Corsair, Air Dolomiti, Tyrolean, SAS, Ansett Australia, AirNZ and new VLM logo. All me likey. And best for last, current MAS livery.

Don't want to spoil the party, but ain't we talking about airline-logos here, instead of tail-colours ?? :o :unsure:

Big difference, in my opinion :lol:

Correct its airline logo...Frontier's logo is very simple, just those words. Nevertheless, Frontier's tails have become so recognizable that they have become as part of the airline's identity.

where's KLM ??? - crown - as the airline was appointed by the late Queen Wilhelmina to be called a "Royal" company...there was even a debate two years ago in parliament, to abolish the crown, " as KLM would be taken over by Air France"...the current queen, Beatrix, granted the further use of the crown, despite being part of the AF-KL group nowadays :)

Is that the queen name that one of KLM T7 was named after?

KLM Asia don't have a crown. It looks pretty akward to me :blink: , not really original or "No Royalties".

Azuddin

..... reflective of the aspiration of the carrier at that time to fly to as many places as they can around the globe.

Sounds remarkably similar to MH's mission doesn't it ?! :D :D

KLM without the crown will look like very bland and plain boring. :yawn:

mind if i add this 2

Northwest Airline - Also compass, with arrow pointing northwest

America West - Sunset, sun is setting on the west

not sure about Delta and Southwest

Azuddin

Despite my misgivings of Skyteam, if an alliance's logo can be considered an airline logo, Skyteam has a very classy one. Star's logo is cheesy, while oneworld's is bland.

Despite my misgivings of Skyteam, if an alliance's logo can be considered an airline logo, Skyteam has a very classy one. Star's logo is cheesy, while oneworld's is bland.

got that right. that's why i have it for my avatar :D . talk about trying to manually drawing the logo with hand, skyteam is the hardest, OW is the easiest.

Azuddin

Is that the queen name that one of KLM T7 was named after?

KLM Asia don't have a crown. It looks pretty akward to me :blink: , not really original or "No Royalties".

Azuddin

nope, you mean PH-BQA "Albert Plesman" ? That's the founder of KLM...

the "royal" family names (except Queen Beatrix) can be found on Martinair planes...

the "royal" family names (except Queen Beatrix) can be found on Martinair planes...

OK, looks like Star Jets is goofing off again. first it's PH-BFA in new color, now PH-BQA with "Queen Wilhelmina" name on it. Herpa got the BQA right.

Azuddin

Pelangi Air all the way. LOL and FedEX; simple but elegant. Others include Corsair, Air Dolomiti, Tyrolean, SAS, Ansett Australia, AirNZ and new VLM logo. All me likey. And best for last, current MAS livery.

i think CX one also enough simply right??? only a 'chicken wing :p '...

Btw, what does 'KLM' stand for and what does it mean in English?

.ny

.ny

Was explained before in another thread, but, here I'll do this once more :p

KLM stands for "Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij" or translated into English, this would be "Royal Aviation Company" ;)

.ny

KLM stands for "Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij", which means Royal Aviation Company in english. some story i heard about it was it's based for Royal Air Force, not sure how later turned in Royal Dutch Airline. Need more info about his Peiter, I'm not really informative about my heritage airline.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Sign in to follow this