MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ikman Ikreza

Malaysia Airlines Has No Plans To Discontinue Aerobridge Service

Malaysia Airlines Has No Plans To Discontinue Aerobridge Service

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 27 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines has described as inaccurate, a report in a local Malay daily, which stated that the airline is considering discontinuing aerobridge services.

"We have no plans to discontinue the aerobridge service for jet flight operations in our network," said its Acting Head of Strategic Communications, Nor Zalida Ahmad in a statement.

She said Malaysia Airlines will continue to provide the facility as part of delivering its branded customer experience to passengers towards becoming the preferred premium carrier.

-- BERNAMA

Source : http://bernama.com.my/bernama/v6/newsindex.php?id=648418

Prob a slow news day. And Utusan always seem to spew half-truths anyway. The same article mentioned that some premium M-east carriers also did not use aerobridges. I'm speculating that the writer had Qatar Airways and/or Oman Air in mind - although these airlines cannot obviously use something that doesnt currently exist.

Most journalists covering aviation have no idea what they're talking about.

Anyway if the Middle Eastern carriers implied are indeed Qatar Airways and Oman Air, both Doha and Muscat are going to see new airport terminals equipped with aerobridges. So even this person making such claim has no idea what is going to happen in that region.

Edited by alberttky

Utusan is trying to boost its already low circulation... No one is reading it and they are trying to be like the News of the World....

Utusan is trying to boost its already low circulation... No one is reading it and they are trying to be like the News of the World....

Heh heh, and we know what happened to the News of the World :)

But seriously, such aerobridgeless rumours are no way up to the abduction by aliens standard of NotW

Edited by BC Tam

I think Utusan is trying to warn us that if some political parties wins the next general election then MAS will not be using aerobridge. Only one party will work hard for the people, the rest are all evil.

I still think Utusan is an excellent paper. Virtually everybody else use the smaller format nowadays, so Utusan is indispensable if you need a bigger wrapping paper or to wipe the sh** off the floor.

Edited by Radzi

Sign in to follow this