MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

AirAsia Sells 5 Planes to Indonesia AirAsia

PETALING JAYA: Budget airline AirAsia Bhd is selling five Airbus A320 units to its affiliate PT Indonesia AirAsia (IAA) via a series of finance lease transactions, in order to comply with Indonesian airlines' regulations.

In a filing with Bursa Malaysia, AirAsia said the total consideration for the transfer of the five aircraft was RM550.85mil.

The deal is expected to result in a gain of RM49.7mil for AirAsia, and increase its net earnings per share by 2 sen for the financial year ending Dec 31, 2011.

IAA would assume a liability of about RM560mil.

AirAsia has a 49% stake in IAA, with the balance held by Indonesian nationals.

Indonesian regulations require each scheduled airline holding a license in the country to own at least five aircraft before the cut-off date of Jan 12, 2012. Presently, IAA leases all of its aircraft fleet from AirAsia.

AirAsia said the deal was necessary to ensure that IAA was able to maintain its Air Operator's Certificate.

Under the deal, AirAsia and its financiers would restructure financing facilities to reflect the transfer of the five aircraft to IAA.

IAA would pay lease instalments to AirAsia for the five aircraft, and the deal also provides for maintenance and insurance obligations as well as sub-leasing conditions.

The lease term for each aircraft is between seven and eight years.

Source

Click here for Bursa Malaysia detailed statement

PETALING JAYA: Budget airline AirAsia Bhd is selling five Airbus A320 units to its affiliate PT Indonesia AirAsia (IAA) via a series of finance lease transactions, in order to comply with Indonesian airlines' regulations.

In a filing with Bursa Malaysia, AirAsia said the total consideration for the transfer of the five aircraft was RM550.85mil.

The deal is expected to result in a gain of RM49.7mil for AirAsia, and increase its net earnings per share by 2 sen for the financial year ending Dec 31, 2011.

IAA would assume a liability of about RM560mil.

AirAsia has a 49% stake in IAA, with the balance held by Indonesian nationals.

Indonesian regulations require each scheduled airline holding a license in the country to own at least five aircraft before the cut-off date of Jan 12, 2012. Presently, IAA leases all of its aircraft fleet from AirAsia.

AirAsia said the deal was necessary to ensure that IAA was able to maintain its Air Operator's Certificate.

Under the deal, AirAsia and its financiers would restructure financing facilities to reflect the transfer of the five aircraft to IAA.

IAA would pay lease instalments to AirAsia for the five aircraft, and the deal also provides for maintenance and insurance obligations as well as sub-leasing conditions.

The lease term for each aircraft is between seven and eight years.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/10/29/business/9799131&sec=business

So is this part of ancillary revenue??

No.

The deal is expected to result in a gain of RM49.7mil for AirAsia

Will be recorded as gain on asset disposal in the accounts.

The key issue to this transaction is

To summarise the AK-QZ fleet transfers:

MSN 2881 – 9M-AFJ (From 25-10-2011, PK-AXR)

MSN 2885 – 9M-AFK (From Nov 2011, PK-AXS)

MSN 3182 – 9M-AFX (From 3-8-2009, PK-AXD)

MSN 3486 – 9M-AHK

MSN 3549 – 9M-AHN

QZ returned the following to AK:

MSN 4571 - PK-AXP (From 25-10-2011, 9M-AQE)

MSN 4582 - PK-AXQ (From Nov 2011, 9M-AQF)

To summarise the AK-QZ fleet transfers:

MSN 3486 – 9M-AHK

MSN 3549 – 9M-AHN

MSN 4571 - PK-AXP (From 25-10-2011, 9M-AQE)

MSN 4582 - PK-AXQ (From Nov 2011, 9M-AQF)

Thanks flee for the update. I just noticed AK will be taking the 5001th A320 off production, will miss the 5000th to Middle East Airline. Sure a good thing if AK can have both 3000th and 5000th off production line.

A slight amendment:

AK sent the following to QZ:

MSN 3486 – 9M-AHK

MSN 3549 – 9M-AHN

MSN 4571 - PK-AXP (now 9M-AQE)

MSN 4582 - PK-AXQ (now 9M-AQF)

AK Group seems to accelerate the delivery of A320, MSN 4793, 4917, 4969 and 4979 were destined for Yemenia are now all allocated to AK.

MSN 4793- 9M-AQC

MSN 4917- 9M-AQJ ex- Air Berlin

MSN 4969- 9M-AQ? (originally allocated 9M-AQE)

MSN 4979- 9M-AQ? (originally allocated 9M-AQF)

All are A320-216 except MSN 4917 9M-AQJ ex- Air Berlin is A320-214

Thanks to RoBk and flee.

Edited by JuliusWong

I was lucky to travel on 9M-AQJ on the 10/12 KUL - LGK sector. Managed to take only a few photos during the 1hr flight.

9MAQJ_0055s22b20c-15.jpg

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

The loo was, however, the same as any other AK A320s.

IMAG0274.jpg

Recaro has come up with an even thinner seat early this year and LH is in the process of installing it in all of their short-haul aircraft. LH's subsidiary, OS completed the installation of the new Recaro seat just a few months ago and reviews on the seat are positive. It's much lighter and most importantly, it increases the legroom :good:

Anyway, i understand this aircraft actually wasn't meant for AK ?

Air Berlin? According to fellow Mwing member she will be re-fitted with the standard AK seat soon.

In terms of overall comfort are they better than current AK seats?

Maybe AK should look into deploying thinner seats onboard new a/c if they are as comfortable as older seats.

AK Group seems to accelerate the delivery of A320, MSN 4793, 4917, 4969 and 4979 were destined for Yemenia are now all allocated to AK.

MSN 4793- 9M-AQC

MSN 4969 - 9M-AQH was delivered on 20-12-2011

MSN 4793- 9M-AQC

All are A320-216 except MSN 4917 9M-AQJ ex- Air Berlin is A320-214

MSN 4979 - HS-ABV delivered to Thai AirAsia on 24 Dec 2011

What are the IDs of PK-AXU and PK-AXV ?

PK-AXU has been in service since 31 Dec

PK-AXV has been in service since 5 Jan

One of them is believed to be ex 9M-AHL. ID of the other one unknown.

All other AXM A320s were in service as of 5 Jan, except for AFB and AHA. Sources tell me that AHA is still with AXM but currently out of action after a landing accident at Kuching on Christmas Day. AFB has seemingly not flown since 2 Jan but 3 days is unlikely to be enough for the transfer to Indonesia branch (typically they take 2-3 weeks).

Edited by RobK

I was lucky to travel on 9M-AQJ on the 10/12 KUL - LGK sector. Managed to take only a few photos during the 1hr flight.

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

The loo was, however, the same as any other AK A320s.

Travelled in this bird recently too. Seat was really hard - maybe will get softer with use. Loved the redesigned seat pocket. Just nice for me to snug in my 7 inch tablet with cover, without it falling off. Thus my own seat back IFE...

However, the control knobs for IFE were placed on seat handle where you would normally put your elbows. The volume /channel control would be changed everytime one tries to place elbow/forearm there. And I wonder why these were present in the first place. In preparation for paid IFE??

Edited by V Wong

Travelled in this bird recently too. Seat was really hard - maybe will get softer with use. Loved the redesigned seat pocket. Just nice for me to snug in my 7 inch tablet with cover, without it falling off. Thus my own seat back IFE...

However, the control knobs for IFE were placed on seat handle where you would normally put your elbows. The volume /channel control would be changed everytime one tries to place elbow/forearm there. And I wonder why these were present in the first place. In preparation for paid IFE??

This is a leased bird from Air Berlin. Interior and the A320 config is the same as of AB including the cockpit, galley & seats. This bird comes with a drop down LCD screen for every few seats but this option was disabled. :drinks:

Air Asia aircraft movement over past few weeks:

• Airbus A320-216 3549 PK-AXU ferried 28dec11 KUL-CGK on transfer, in svc since 31dec11 ex 9M-AHN
  • Airbus A320-216 4486 9M-AQI ferried 31dec11 CGK-KUL, PK-reg on transfer ex PK-AXO
  • Airbus A320-216 4889 PK-AXV ferried / in svc 30dec11/05jan12 CRK-CGK-KUL on transfer ex RP-C8190
  • Airbus A320-214 4964 9M-AQK onward delivery 12jan12 XSP-KUL, regd and paint at XSP ex D-ABFY

Edited by JuliusWong

[*]Airbus A320-216 4889 PK-AXV ferried / in svc 30dec11/05jan12 CRK-CGK-KUL on transfer ex RP-C8190

Bad sign - indicates that AirAsia Philippines launch is going to be delayed!

Anyone know what the 9M-reg is of the new AXM A320? It's formerly HS-ABU but I can't get any joy out of Ramani via email.

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this