MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
iwan

Langkawi LIMA 2011

wahh uncle norman!!Amazing photos there!all very much 'wallpaper materials' :)

Nice sets Uncle Norman...very clean pictures...no noise at all...

I wonder why my camera produce a lot of noise even at ISO100... <_>

Do you shoot in RAW or JPEG? Shooting in RAW will allow you to better control the noise.

Anyway to all the Malaysian Wingers at LGK, well done! :clapping:

Superb coverage of this year's event. Hope I will be able to make it in 2013!

Next stop, Singapore Air Show 2012? :)

Just to share some photos of the US Navy P-3C Orion and the RAAF A330 tanker.

I only know CDR should be Commander, but what about CMDCM. They also have names on the nose gear cover.

ORION5.jpg

Not your typical knight in shining armor.

ORION4.jpg

P3ORION_1530s2.jpg

ORION3.jpg

ORION2.jpg

ORION1.jpg

Camera for the refueling boon operation.

A3302.jpg

The refueling boon.

A3301.jpg

Unfortunately the A330 was not open to public on that day. :(

wahh uncle norman!!Amazing photos there!all very much 'wallpaper materials' :)

Thanks Iwan.... yours are amazing too... :clapping:

Your 7D should be as good as my D7000.... probably you're shooting at metered settings,

ie, the camera metering would be checking the whole frame, meaning, metered to the sky

this, your main subject become dark. When you want to brighten it, noise appears.

Depending on aircraft, I add in +0.3EV to +0.7EV to brighten up the subjects

as well as D7000's superb D-Lighting algorithm... :yahoo:

uncle norman, what gun you use to shoot the birds? 300mm? 500mm?

My normal 80-200, and heavy crops on some of them. But the SuperHornet are friendlier, he flew closer to ground... :good:

My normal 80-200, and heavy crops on some of them. But the SuperHornet are friendlier, he flew closer to ground... :good:

I kinda liked the Eurofighter & Rafale performances too since they were ALOT closer to the ground compared to out Cik-Su who seems to 'disappear' at times.. :(

Some photos to share of LIMA 2011 Trade Day Three and Pulic Day One, still post processing Public Day Two.

Cheers.

http://xtemujin.wordpress.com/2011/12/09/2011-dec-langkawi-international-maritime-aerospace-exhibition-langkawi-malaysia/

nice pictures there!loved the front view of the Rafale, never noticed it had that much curve! :clapping:

btw,managed to catch these two going home while waiting for my flight back on Sunday morning!And it seems Krisakti has some leftover smokes maybe? :lol:

ghom.jpg

Edited by iwan

btw,managed to catch these two going home while waiting for my flight back on Sunday morning!And it seems Krisakti has some leftover smokes maybe? :lol:

ghom.jpg

Eh, Iwan I thought you would stay overnight at LGK? I was waiting for my D E L A Y E D :angry: AK5329 back to KUL. Saw a few CN235 waiting for passengers at the airport. Seems like they were using them extensively for ferrying guests to and fro LIMA.

Your 7D should be as good as my D7000.... probably you're shooting at metered settings,

ie, the camera metering would be checking the whole frame, meaning, metered to the sky

this, your main subject become dark. When you want to brighten it, noise appears.

Depending on aircraft, I add in +0.3EV to +0.7EV to brighten up the subjects

as well as D7000's superb D-Lighting algorithm... :yahoo:

OT: Evaluative Metering? Not used to +ve exposure compensation as usually mine would be too bright.

Nice catch of the Kris Sakti with the MIG29N Iwan.

I managed to catch the RMAF MB339 and F18 when catching my flight back to Singapore on Sunday morning.

Cheers.

Edited by xtemujin

Eh, Iwan I thought you would stay overnight at LGK? I was waiting for my D E L A Y E D :angry: AK5329 back to KUL. Saw a few CN235 waiting for passengers at the airport. Seems like they were using them extensively for ferrying guests to and fro LIMA.

Yup, stayed from Wednesday to Sunday.Had enough of the LGK sun already. Initially regretted taking the early flight out on Sunday due to the lack of rest but after seeing the MiGs and Krisakti,it wasnt so bad. :)

Good thing was, i got a nice plane back :lol:

rb.jpg

Nice catch of the Kris Sakti with the MIG29N Iwan.

I managed to catch the RMAF MB339 and F18 when catching my flight back to Singapore on Sunday morning.

Cheers.

Thanks!was half expecting the RSAF F-16D to take off too but never happened.. :( what time was your flight on sunday?

Edited by iwan

I really regret it that I didn't join the long queue to enter the tarmac for the afternoon session on Friday & Saturday...

Thank you Waiping for sharing the interior of the P3... and looks weird that there're 2 sets of throttle levers... :clapping:

and last but not least guess who? :)

Auntie Kwek from SIN ?

Waiping, great P3 interior pix showing the mix of vintage layout and modern tech! No wonder you made Norman regret! ;)

Waiping, great P3 interior pix showing the mix of vintage layout and modern tech! No wonder you made Norman regret! ;)

Haha. As I was queuing under the hot sun I was also thinking about the same thing - should I or shouldn't I. :p

I think they stopped accepting visitors after the aerial display started at about 3pm.

Not only that cockpit & cabin visits.... but the air display by C17 & Rafale... they didn't perform in the morning... :cray:

Anyway.... here're some non-displaying aircraft captured before and after the morning session o Friday Dec, 9th

Private 9M-IAI.... this guy requested for start-up after airport closure, was denied & told only open at 0330Zulu

then casually request for start-up at 0320Zulu.... & again denied, and given 0330... :lol:

9M_IAI_3024.jpg

9M-FFD .... was given 2 minutes to pushback before airport closure, but pax still boarding, thus stranded for 1:30hrs

9M_FFD_3041.jpg

btw.... Lady co-pilot (heard over radio)... :blink:

9M-FYG

9M_FYG_3053.jpg

M30-05

M30_05_3063.jpg

M30-1 (-11?)

M30_1_3094.jpg

9M-AFN

9M-AFN_3114.jpg

9M-AFR

9M_AFR_5387.jpg

9M-CAL

9M_CAL_5439.jpg

9M-MMA

9M_MMA_5456.jpg

M30-06

M30_06_5467.jpg

9M-FYE

9M_FYE_5490.jpg

9M-TAG

9M_TAG_5504.jpg

9M-AFM

9M_AFM_5535.jpg

M44-07

M44_07_5553.jpg

M70-02 (coming back from display in Porta Malai)... with friendly wave from crew...

M70_02_5575.jpg

M70-03

M70_03_5594.jpg

9M-PSO

9M_PSO_5619.jpg

.... and some from the Saturday morning session...

M30-04

M30_04_5653.jpg

Cute experimental Jetfox 9M-EBT

9M_EBT_5677.jpg

New 9M-FYK (special livery 'cos no SP Setia marking :lol: )

9M_FYK_5688.jpg

9M-FYD

9M_FYD_5696.jpg

9M-FFC (this time MH went home early, even request Txy Bravo to the runway... hehe)

9M_FFC_5712.jpg

thanks for watching....

The lady co-pilot should be those crew of FY 738 rite? Plus the ac itself are of FY, 9M-FFD..

Norman, judging from the angle of your Saturday morning photos, I guess you must be standing somewhere near where I was taking photos with a few other foreign spotters.... ;)

My AirAsia flight was at 0900 hours and reached Singapore at 1000 hrs.

Good to see the RMAF F18 with afterburners for take off.

Cheers.

Thanks! was half expecting the RSAF F-16D to take off too but never happened.. :( what time was your flight on sunday?

Wait a minute, why did they paint FFC & FFD in old colours? Shouldn't it be in the new colours?

What the hell are they thinking up there in management!

It is probably an interim paintjob - MH has previously stated that FY will be operating the B738s for the new premium airline. I think this is a "holding station" move pending further decisions.

Norman, judging from the angle of your Saturday morning photos, I guess you must be standing somewhere near where I was taking photos with a few other foreign spotters.... ;)

You were there on Saturday morning Victor?....

sorry didn't see you. Friday morning I shot from near the lake directly opposite Mahsuri Hall

and Saturday, on the hill near the DCA quarters, next to LANGKAWI sign opposite the terminal.