MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azuddin

KLM B747-400 Incident at AMS

just found this pict on A.net and there's a forum about it. i don't know if this has been discuss here.

Can anyone confirm when this happen. the a/c is PH-BFN

not really a good sight

IPB Image

IPB Image

Azuddin

Azuddin,

Wonder myself why the cabin is underneath the 747; normal pushback procedures are to PUSH back and not PULL back as shown here...according the website www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl the "Nairobi" will be out of service for 3-4 weeks :o

Azuddin,

Wonder myself why the cabin is underneath the 747; normal pushback procedures are to PUSH back and not PULL back as shown here...according the website www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl the "Nairobi" will be out of service for 3-4 weeks :o

3-4 weeks, that's not a good news. looks like it's a major one. based on A.net, Nairobi was prepared for departure to JFK. after this incident, NWA 747 take the route.

Azuddin

Opps! Ground support vehicles have red lights flashing on top of them... perhaps to warn of their presence to avoid an accident. Somehow they are causing accidents themselves!

Will try to dig-out some more information, when I'm back at the office later this week; will keep you posted ;)

Will try to dig-out some more information, when I'm back at the office later this week; will keep you posted ;)

Thanks Peiter

Azuddin

From what I've heard, the pushback driver was speeding with his vehicle. The too high speed while in a turn, made the pushback vehicle make a 180 degrees turn underneath the B747's fuselage.

The accident causes big problems in KL's flight operations.

It seems, EWR flights are now shifted from A330 to NWA DC-10 service

JFK gets B767 and A332 on the evening departure ex AMS

Toronto will shift to a B772

Rgds

Eric

Kapitan,

If indeed he was speeding and "wreckless" driving, no doubt he'll be sacked by the company !!!

What Eric described here, is VERY serious and costly...

anything on damage report, from what i see, the nose gear look twisted 180 degrees, the fuselage is ripped, the antenna is bended. not to mention what he did to the Goldhofer.

Azuddin

sure costly..cause it is our Queen Of The Sky..tow truck driver,good luck to u!

It's the Dutch queen which involved here. Queen VS Truck Driver :huh: :huh:

Azuddin

This looks like a very plausible explanation:

"A loaded trailer has more weight than the towing vehicle. If an abrupt stop is needed, and the trailer/plane does not have the braking power of the power unit - in a slick/low traction situation, then this is exactly what happened. The tug driver in this scenario is most definately at fault."

Looking at the pictures, I think this is what happened :o

based on the way he trash the Goldhofer and the 747, i think the driver have to pay for it. or get sacked.

Azuddin

based on the way he trash the Goldhofer and the 747, i think the driver have to pay for it. or get sacked.

Azuddin

The insurance will pay for all damages, but the driver will be sacked, no doubt, if proven guilty !!!

Prelimenary results are:

Turning too fast from taxi-track to gate; with the weight of the 747 AND braking while turning, the mass of the 747 wanted to go straight-ahead i.s.o. turn, pushing the truck underneath the belly of the Fox November...aircraft out 5-6 weeks and damages estimated at around 14 million Euros :o

Really a case of the cart overrunning the horse.

Very well said, Attan :lol:

Sherman,

Like I said before here, the 747 was NOT pushed back from the gate, but was pulled towards the gate (from the hangars), and while turning from the taxi-track towards the gate (at high speed), this happened; Captain Attan's response in this matter, is quite well said, in my opinion :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this