MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

Low Cost Air Terminal at KLIA

I am not too sure about Luton, but Im convinced STN (Stansted Airport) looks very good for a Low Cost Carrier Airport. It has internal trains, has a decent architecture and surroundings, and most importantly, a decent amount of Duty Free after Immigration. It is a mess in the early morning because many flights depart around that time. The airport I must say (STN) is one of the better airports I have been to in the UK.

:lol:

Well, STN is indeed one of the nicest airports in the UK and I believe it was designed by a high profile architect, was not built cheaply and even has a dedicated train connection to Liverpool Street station in London. However, this is because it was never meant to be an LCC Airport in the first place - it was built before the LCC boom. It was meant to be the third airport in London but somehow it never caught on with the main carriers. So at the beginning you only see secondary european airlines there and some charter airlines. Then a certain unknown airline called Ryanair started flying there and the airport got busier and busier as the airline grew rapidly, and as Ryanair started to dominate, of course, other LCC's started to fly there and now it is a nice airport which happens to cater to LCCs.

Luton on the other hand is a bit older with an existing basic terminal catering to chartered fligts. When easyjet started to boom, it was refurbished accordingly, i.e., to cater to LCCs like easyjet.

Indeed, STN is a nice airport if you want to see LCC's, however, LTN is the one of biz-jets ;) ;)

Well, LCC looks pretty nice in the pix..........no complain heard yet except 4 the food thou...............

Guys,

what i can say is LCCT need more chair in the departure hall...

-cheers-

Agree that the LCC-T is in dire need for more seats to sooth tired legs. But looking at the available space for seats, there will be much less standing-room space for the hundreds to thousands of travellers and well-wishers. I suppose they will spill out of the terminal to the hot outdoors. And this is when the LCC-T is not even 1 month into its operations.

Sign in to follow this