MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Eric M

One day trip to DUB (Ireland) on EI (08FEB2006)

Ok, guys, just returned back from "the desert", so, here are a selection of my shots, taken at DUB, together with Eric (tried to upload different ones, as Eric has shown the main ones already); hope you like them (they're all still un-edited, so fences visible on most of them :angry: )

:blink: :blink: can see no nothing hehe.. :p I'll wait awhile longer..

Ahhh, now i seee it.. must be my internet lines going cuckoo..!!! Nice pix Pieter.. though the light is pretty bright eh? All those bizjets.. whoaaa... cute and Xpensive :huh:

Welcome back home Pieter! Thanks for your additional pics here! They are good aren't they? :) Your Nikon has a good photographer using it ;) Try some 'cropping' and you'll get rid of fences etc. :D

Hope to see some of your 'desert-stuff' soon here... :rolleyes:

Eric

Hope to see some of your 'desert-stuff' soon here... :rolleyes:

Eric

That won't be the case as my memory-card was whiped out by the Dubai police-force :angry:

Baaahhhh! :D

Those are awesome pictures Pieter! :D

I like the CitationX pix... so elegant... ;)

Thanks for sharing... Now waiting for your "desert" shots... :D

Baaahhhh! :D

Thanks for sharing... Now waiting for your "desert" shots... :D

See above remark :angry: :angry: :angry:

That won't be the case as my memory-card was whiped out by the Dubai police-force :angry:

:blink: :o :o :blink: :angry: :angry: How come????

Is this also causing for Imran's spotting days numbered as he mentioned in another thread??? :o :o

Thats bad.!!! How could they? I think they are just a bunch of idiots in uniforms!!! :angry: They just dont understand the hobby,.. :huh:

NO!! :o Are they crazy overthere? Is spotting not allowed in UAE anymore?? That's why you came home a little earlier, I thought you was planning to return to AMS on Monday?

A shame, Pieter got a nice big camera, and the policemen cleanup all of his memory already! Crazy fools :angry:

NO!! :o Are they crazy overthere? Is spotting not allowed in UAE anymore?? That's why you came home a little earlier, I thought you was planning to return to AMS on Monday?

A shame, Pieter got a nice big camera, and the policemen cleanup all of his memory already! Crazy fools :angry:

Was spotted by a passer-by in a street underneath the landing runway 30R, and, sure enough, the police appeared; had to follow to the Mahiridya (?) police station, where I was interviewed for about 2 hours and my M-card taken...they were VERY courtious and offered cold-drinks or tea (accepted the latter, as it's Arabic tea with fantastic taste); next day had to report again and, again, were VERY courtious and told me" please, RELAX, nothing serious has happened, and you'll be OK, but have to interview you because of these terrorist threat, etc...". Again, was offered tea, and both investigator and "writer" were extremely friendly and jolly men (in their traditional white dress/robes).

So, after about 3.5 hours the "interview" was translated: from Arabic to English and had to undersign that. After that, my passport was returned "you're a free man now" and my M-card was given back (erased unfortunately)...cannot say a bad thing about DXB police: everything very calm and well mannered !!!

Didn't take any new chance of being caught photographing, and returned, therefore, 2 days ahead of planned departure. So, please be careful and vigilant when taking aircraft photos there !!!

Still think DXB is a fabulous place with, at present, excellent weather conditions, fabulous infrastructure and a very nice downtown "creek" area; also, very nice restaurants are abound with excellent prices/menus.

Will post a COMPLETE "trip report" of our 'trip' to the bighouse soon...gotta get some drawings done first...

Edited by Imran K.

Eric and Pieter...

wonderful....great day you guys had.

Might as well i join you guys someday.

TK, you're very welcome to join us somewhere... Pieter and me, we are both able to fly on staff tickets (Pieter as KL staff, I'm JL staff). So it wouldn't be a big problem to have a meeting someday!

Eric

Eric,

Might as well join you guys in AMS...boring for you but would be great for me....

As for Pieter with the Police in DXB, hhmmm :(

Luckily you were treated well, but then, what a 2 days!!

sorry to hear that Pieter.

Was spotted by a passer-by in a street underneath the landing runway 30R, and, sure enough, the police appeared; had to follow to the Mahiridya (?) police station, where I was interviewed for about 2 hours and my M-card taken...they were VERY courtious and offered cold-drinks or tea (accepted the latter, as it's Arabic tea with fantastic taste); next day had to report again and, again, were VERY courtious and told me" please, RELAX, nothing serious has happened, and you'll be OK, but have to interview you because of these terrorist threat, etc...". Again, was offered tea, and both investigator and "writer" were extremely friendly and jolly men (in their traditional white dress/robes).

So, after about 3.5 hours the "interview" was translated: from Arabic to English and had to undersign that. After that, my passport was returned "you're a free man now" and my M-card was given back (erased unfortunately)...cannot say a bad thing about DXB police: everything very calm and well mannered !!!

Didn't take any new chance of being caught photographing, and returned, therefore, 2 days ahead of planned departure. So, please be careful and vigilant when taking aircraft photos there !!!

Still think DXB is a fabulous place with, at present, excellent weather conditions, fabulous infrastructure and a very nice downtown "creek" area; also, very nice restaurants are abound with excellent prices/menus.

Check this one out.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/aviat...ad.main/219555/

Pieter, is that you?

Fly-K is a good friend of mine...whom I tipped off about what Pieter and I had to endure.

Right now..I have decided to give up spotting in the Middle East...for obvious reasons.

Im very worried as to spotting in KUL now...what if the MAB tip off the police...and the cops catch us...straight into the ISA dungeons guys... <_>

Now beli camera with nice long zoom for what.... :blink: :( <_>

Fly-K is a good friend of mine...whom I tipped off about what Pieter and I had to endure.

Right now..I have decided to give up spotting in the Middle East...for obvious reasons.

Im very worried as to spotting in KUL now...what if the MAB tip off the police...and the cops catch us...straight into the ISA dungeons guys... <_>

Spotting nowdays can be dangerous :lol:

My sympathies, Pieter. The 9/11 paranoia has spread fast and wide and I have a feeling it's going to be downhill for us spotters. Our zoom lenses remind the security guys of shoulder-mounted missile launchers and they are feeling very uncomfortable about it.

Com'on, bro, KUL/MAB will allow spotting/photographing as long as you stay behind the "bars", right ? :)

The Middle East has always been peranoid about photography. In the mid-80s a friend of mine travelling from USA to Malaysia had his camera battery confiscated. Those days the lithium batteries are new and hard to come by; he got no picture at all for his summer vacation back home. And he wasn't even spotting; it was only a transit. Not sure what airport it was.

Our zoom lenses remind the security guys of shoulder-mounted missile launchers and they are feeling very uncomfortable about it.

But we want to take picture of aircraft, not sky with a winged dot in the middle. Until a single-element long telephoto zoom is designed and produced cheaply, long zooms are the way to go.

Hi guys!

To have something different again in this 'Dublin-post' after all the bad stories Pieter had during his DXB trip, I found another great picture on my CF card :o (I really love this one myself... great colours for the B738, and great light conditions in my opinion). I hope you like it too, you'll never see this one in Asia for sure ;)

Eric

IPB Image

I love the Boeing dreamliner livery. If they can make from dark blue to light blue through all the fuselage will be awesome

Nice picture :)

Sign in to follow this