MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
kandiah k

Big Aircrafts Flying Low in the KL

I was just wondering what is the route for aircrafts to fly so low in the city centre area and whats the guidelines.

The past two days and even last night, as I was driving past Jalan Tun Razak in KL, I saw many aircrafts, passing at a very low level over the city and it was rather strange.

Has this got something to do with the DCA or just a coincidence in the many pilots flying low consistently ?

:D

few days ago, i saw a few jumbo fly low such as NCA, MAS and A380 did it on the tour day :D . also saw the MRD and plenty other wide bus.

azuddin

Several Flights From KLIA Disrupted Tuesday Morning

February 07, 2006 21:35 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 7 (Bernama) -- Several flights out of the KL International Airport (KLIA) to various destinations, both local and international, were disrupted and delayed due to problems with the airport's Passenger Check-In processing System (PCPS).

Malaysia Airports (Sepang) Sdn Bhd said in a statement Tuesday, the disruption was discovered at 3am when the Malaysia Airlines' (MAS) communication equipment to their Departure Control System (DCS) failed to function, affecting all MAS flights as well as airlines handled by MAS.

Separately, MAS said in a statement that its DCS at the KLIA was temporarily inoperational this morning after a routine power supply test conducted by the airport operator.

It said the DCS could not reactivate when the power supply test was completed, thus disrupting its interface with the airport operator's PCPS system between 3 and 9.28 am.

"Malaysia Airlines extends its apologies to all customers for the discomfort experienced during this disruption."

Malaysia Airports said other airlines were not affected by the disruption. The PCPS was restored at 9.28am and all Malaysia Airlines Check-In Counters' operation were back to normal by 11am.

Both MAS and Malaysia Airports technical and ground staff are still on full stand-by to monitor the system and the passenger movement.

According to Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy, the disruption did not involve foreign airlines operating in KLIA and the airport authority had taken all efforts to rectify the problem.

However, like MAB and MAS, Chan refused to reveal the number of flights delayed due to the technical problem other than saying that "a few flights had been delayed".

"We are taking steps to rectify it, only MAS flights are affected, the foreign flights are not affected," Chan told reporters after attending the MCA Presidential council meeting. Chan is the MCA Deputy President.

Some airlines' agents and staff told Bernama that between seven to 25 flights were delayed this morning, involving a total of about 5,000 passengers, forcing airlines, mostly MAS to reschedule their departure time.

"The backlog were slowly cleared off from 9.30 onward and until noon, only several flights are still waiting for their turn to depart. All the delayed flights has been cleared off by this afternoon," Chan said.

Chan had instructed MAB to submit a report on the incident to his office, Wednesday morning before the cabinet meeting.

Asked if the government would replace the current check-in system called PCPS at KLIA, he said: "It is on-going. Following this morning's incident, I think all efforts should be carried out to rectify it".

Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd has been reported to have signed a five-year contract with a new partner, Sita Inc (Societe Internationale de telecommunications Aeronauitiques Information Networking Computing) in September last year to equip KLIA with the latest technologies for common-use check-in systems. With the signing of the new contract, PCPS is expected to be phased out by next month.

-- BERNAMA

Here is the answer to my own question about the possible reasons for this mishaps....but it has happened several times before.....is everything ok with the DCA and its tools ????

I was just wondering what is the route for aircrafts to fly so low in the city centre area and whats the guidelines.

The past two days and even last night, as I was driving past Jalan Tun Razak in KL, I saw many aircrafts, passing at a very low level over the city and it was rather strange.

Has this got something to do with the DCA or just a coincidence in the many pilots flying low consistently ?

:D

Runway 14L is in used for landing....

Several Flights From KLIA Disrupted Tuesday Morning

February 07, 2006 21:35 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 7 (Bernama) -- Several flights out of the KL International Airport (KLIA) to various destinations, both local and international, were disrupted and delayed due to problems with the airport's Passenger Check-In processing System (PCPS).

Malaysia Airports (Sepang) Sdn Bhd said in a statement Tuesday, the disruption was discovered at 3am when the Malaysia Airlines' (MAS) communication equipment to their Departure Control System (DCS) failed to function, affecting all MAS flights as well as airlines handled by MAS.

Separately, MAS said in a statement that its DCS at the KLIA was temporarily inoperational this morning after a routine power supply test conducted by the airport operator.

It said the DCS could not reactivate when the power supply test was completed, thus disrupting its interface with the airport operator's PCPS system between 3 and 9.28 am.

"Malaysia Airlines extends its apologies to all customers for the discomfort experienced during this disruption."

Malaysia Airports said other airlines were not affected by the disruption. The PCPS was restored at 9.28am and all Malaysia Airlines Check-In Counters' operation were back to normal by 11am.

Both MAS and Malaysia Airports technical and ground staff are still on full stand-by to monitor the system and the passenger movement.

According to Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy, the disruption did not involve foreign airlines operating in KLIA and the airport authority had taken all efforts to rectify the problem.

However, like MAB and MAS, Chan refused to reveal the number of flights delayed due to the technical problem other than saying that "a few flights had been delayed".

"We are taking steps to rectify it, only MAS flights are affected, the foreign flights are not affected," Chan told reporters after attending the MCA Presidential council meeting. Chan is the MCA Deputy President.

Some airlines' agents and staff told Bernama that between seven to 25 flights were delayed this morning, involving a total of about 5,000 passengers, forcing airlines, mostly MAS to reschedule their departure time.

"The backlog were slowly cleared off from 9.30 onward and until noon, only several flights are still waiting for their turn to depart. All the delayed flights has been cleared off by this afternoon," Chan said.

Chan had instructed MAB to submit a report on the incident to his office, Wednesday morning before the cabinet meeting.

Asked if the government would replace the current check-in system called PCPS at KLIA, he said: "It is on-going. Following this morning's incident, I think all efforts should be carried out to rectify it".

Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd has been reported to have signed a five-year contract with a new partner, Sita Inc (Societe Internationale de telecommunications Aeronauitiques Information Networking Computing) in September last year to equip KLIA with the latest technologies for common-use check-in systems. With the signing of the new contract, PCPS is expected to be phased out by next month.

-- BERNAMA

Here is the answer to my own question about the possible reasons for this mishaps....but it has happened several times before.....is everything ok with the DCA and its tools ????

I don't think that this incident has anything to do with the low flying aircrafts.

I don't think that this incident has anything to do with the low flying aircrafts.

Yes I only realized it after you pointed it out.....so there is still no explanation to the low flying....!!

:p :p :p :p

i don't think that's the case. the flying low aircraft don't happen in one or two days.

Azuddin

Just ask my friend..........she just guessing

"May be they fly low because the ATC practicing how to get aircrafts away from A380 when they fly over malaysian space to SIN this february for Asian Aerospace. They may want to keep A380 away from other aircrafts for safety reason"

For me this doesn't make sense..............just her 2 cent worth, btw she says HI :)

In that case, what about planes flying (widebodies) low in Shah Alam ah? Especially Alam Megah, Kota Kemuning & Taman Sri Muda area. Gavin, can you see them from USJ? Sometimes widebodies do some banking over here and head south to KLIA. Occasionally I get Lufthansa's A346 :D

Are they gonna landing on 14R or 14L? :)

Cheers,

Low flying aircraft eh? I overheard some traffic the other day at Subang from my place in Bangsar, and a Transmile MD-11 executed a go-around and was vectored for heading of 080... I ran like the wind to the top of my building where low and behold (excuse the pun), one MD-11 soared over my place at fantastic speed!! alas... I forgot to bring my camera... (BTW, she was on 15 visual approach, not ILS this morning)

My guess is that several manufacturers who have aircraft sent down to Asian Aerospace are having promo photos taken around KLCC. I see many previously unseen choppers hovering around KLCC too.

My guess is that several manufacturers who have aircraft sent down to Asian Aerospace are having promo photos taken around KLCC. I see many previously unseen choppers hovering around KLCC too.

Quite deceiving to have it taken around KLCC instead of around SIN isn't it ?

Sign in to follow this