MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
JuliusWong

First A330 heading to be scrapped

As per Skyliner-aviation.de website:

Airbus A330-301 cn 059 EI-ORD Aer Lingus to be ferried 29mar11 BOD-BGR-GWO for part-out and scrap ex F-GMDD

Withdrawn from service last month, this will be the first non-crash A330 to be scrapped. In another forum, it was reported that this particular A330 has serious maintenance issue that cannot justify D Check, therefore will be scrapped.

So far, six A330 were destroyed by various factors: bombing, mercury leak, pilot error..and unknown reason (AF's A333).

FYI, D7 has an ex-EI A330 line number cn 054.

So long...cn 059...take a bow.its time for you to sleep.... :( :(

Mercury leak? I assume you mean 9M-MKB, written off due to a chemical spill from one of the cargoes.

ooppsss....my bad. Sorry for the mistake. Much apologies....

As per Skyliner-aviation.de website:

Airbus A330-301 cn 059 EI-ORD Aer Lingus to be ferried 29mar11 BOD-BGR-GWO for part-out and scrap ex F-GMDD

Withdrawn from service last month, this will be the first non-crash A330 to be scrapped. In another forum, it was reported that this particular A330 has serious maintenance issue that cannot justify D Check, therefore will be scrapped.

So far, six A330 were destroyed by various factors: bombing, mercury leak, pilot error..and unknown reason (AF's A333).

FYI, D7 has an ex-EI A330 line number cn 054.

So long...cn 059...take a bow.its time for you to sleep.... :( :(

Scrapped 9M-MKB did not crash. So it had the grand honor of being the first.

I agreed 9M-MKB is the first A330 to be scrapped, but it was due to negligence of some individuals. More accurately, it was written off.

EI-ORD is due to be scrapped on "purpose". I hope you get what I mean.....*no offense meant*. :rolleyes:

Edited by JuliusWong

I agreed 9M-MKB is the first A330 to be scrapped, but it was due to negligence of some individuals. More accurately, it was written off.

EI-ORD is due to be scrapped on "purpose". I hope you get what I mean.....*no offense meant*. :rolleyes:

No I dont get what you meant. Both were scrapped on purpose because both were deemed to be beyond economic repair. The value of their parts was worth more than the repair bill.

But what led to the decision? -MKB was due to a chemical spill and that Aer Lingus bird was due to "maintenance issues." And I really doubt the latter was done purposely (like.."lets do a poor maintenance job so that in 2011, this bird can be scrapped!")

Wow, I didn't know -MKB was the first A330 to be scrapped post-service. MH must be not happy with it.

They've already been compensated by the insurance company, and the insurance company have already been compensated by the shipper. :good:

Its the first A330 to be scrapped due to "natural" reasons, age.

Coupled by the maintenance issue, no airline is willing to take her up. If she is a few years younger, and there is an airline which is willing to sink in $$ to repair her, she most probably will not meet her ending this early. :rolleyes:

9M-MKB also met a premature death. Any idea where she is now? Coca Cola can? :lol: :rofl:

Sign in to follow this