MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Raj

MAS's Auckland flights

Hi guys,

i was just wondering if MAS is making the amount of money the would like to on their Auckland flight??

1. It is a code-shared flight with KLM and most of the people on the plane are Dutch, so wont half of the money go to KLM??

2. It is hard to get a ticket. Like when i was trying to get a ticket there were 24 people on stand-by are only three seats availabe..

3. The tickets aren't that cheap..I know Mas is trying to make money but the prices are expensive..

Should Mas increase their frequencies to Auckland?? :huh: :huh:

Edited by raj

i was just on MH131 from Kul-Akl on the 27th of Jan, i checked in 7 hours early for my flight, and i was travelling GCC aswell, i requested a window seat, but they could not give it to me as the plane was fully booked, mostly with connecting passengers from Europe, and from what i saw at the boarding gate, everything was packed for this flight...

I think MH should increase flights, but only if they are presently making money on this, if they are losing, then they should be cutting costs and not increasing frequencies..

MH Tickets are cheap if you know when to buy them, e.g. at the MATTA trade fairs, if you buy far enough ahead, the tickets are very decently priced.

Good to see you again, Raj.

The KUL-AKL vv route is doing well, I believe. During off-peak season, MAS will send their 777 on a daily basis. During shoulder fare season, you will see 777 and 747 mix and during peak season, you will see 744 daily.

However, I think the flight is about 70% during off-peak season and perhaps the 777s are a bit too big for that period. Imagine if MAS do not have KLM's passengers, I think they will find it hard to fill up the plane and thus they will have to make a stop at BNE like it used to be.

Since MAS is using their own a/c, it won't be a 50-50% split between the revenue with KLM, unless Pieter proved me wrong :)

You should have travelled on TUE/WED where they send a 744 (and not 747) to AKL, then you would have been on a refurbished 747-4H6, probably a Hibiscus one too :) Oh well.......

Just to side track a little, heard from the rumour mill that TG will axe the BKK-AKL direct. Not going to see the A346 anymore......dang.....

Edited by S V Choong

haha. .i know SV! my parents travelled on tuesday and got their Refurbed 747.. no fair! but what the heck.. how often do i get to go business anyways, not about to complain! :D :lol:

any clue what will be flying this saturday (03/02), as i will be flying back to KL on that day.. According to MH OFS, the entire week starting 30/01 till 05/02, is all operated by 744.. so is there a good chance ill be flying on teh upperdeck of a new 747? hahaha... there will be a trip report for that.. just got back from wellington today, ANZ733

Ken, better check carefully..... Are you flying out on 03 Feb or 04 Feb?

04 Feb is Saturday and 03 Feb is a Friday (tomorrow).

It shows on MAS' timetable that FRI 03FEB, a 747 will be sent.

SAT 04FEB, you are in luck, a 744

SUN 05FEB, a 744

Don't know the registration and if you want to know, I am the wrong guy to ask about registration as I don't know how to hack into their systems :) Let us know....

By the way, I will be going to Auckland airport this Saturday, to the domestic Air NZ terminal though. So I will be on the look out for your MAS a/c :) Hopefully MPB or MPD eh?

Hey SV..How'z it goin..

Actually i don't think it shud be a problem for mas to fill up the plane with malaysians..Maybe for economy it will be full but not for business class..But even if the flight isn't full downgrade to a smaller plane..perhaps 777... Maybe mas should just introduce a second flight during peak-season..So that chances of getting seats would be alot better..

If u ask me they would definently be making sum sort of money..Business and economy is always full...Well hopefully they see this sector as a profitable sector and introduce a 2 daily flight service..

Almost more than half of the flight are filled with Caucasian. Even the Asian on the a/c, they are not entirely Malaysian either. I must say that if MAS is to rely on Malaysians only, then business will not go well.

I would like to see MH introducing a second daily flight to NZAA too. I heard SQ has three flights daily? One in the morning, afternoon and evening.

If it is not enought capacity to fill up the 772s then perhaps A332 can come into the show?

Obviously the flagship Kangaroo Route (i consider NZ as a part of the kangaroo route) is one of MH's best sellers.

CodeSharing with KLM is a good choice as it brings European Travellers into MH who is making their way into Australasia.

SV, Ill be flying off on Saturday (04/02) to Kuala Lumpur, so im hoping for the New Business Class.. And Definately Hoping for the Red Queen... Hopefully you can get a shot of hte A/C !!

It's hard to get a good shot of MH during summer as she will be parking near Gate 10 (the far gate). Summer is a good time to snap SQ 744 though. Hope you will get the Hibiscus, but you will definitely get the new GCC by the looks of things. :)

Hope you've had a great time here. Looks like you will be planning to study in NZ soon?

How was windy Wellington?? Had a rough ride upon landing?

hahaha.. i wouldnt mind studying here.. especially seeing my bro graduated from Auckland Grammar and Auckland Uni, but somehow i think ill end up in UK...

We didnt fly down to wellington, flew up... our car trip was Auckland-Rotorua-Napier-Martinboro-Wellington, then Wellington - Auckland on Air NZ..

landing was pretty rough in Auckland, but bearable.. woke me up anyways... hahaha...

yeah.. i realise that the MH planes tend to be parked at the end of the terminal, all the time :lol: conspiracy? haha..

i love NZ aye.. second favourite country after malaysia, ill be back in july again i think.. haha

yeah.. i realise that the MH planes tend to be parked at the end of the terminal, all the time conspiracy? haha..

If you come again during autumn / winter, after day-light saving, then MAS will likely be around Gate 2 / Gate 1. Nothing secret, but just the arrival time. During autumn/winter, it will be SQ and CX's turn to park around Gate 10.

Sign in to follow this