MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

Airlines that used to serve KUL

Guest Fendy
British Airways...heard they might be making a comeback...and...i know one airline used to fly to KUL from...Europe..i think it was Swiss Air...did they..cant remember which one..but i think it was them...

7907[/snapback]

not sure of SR, but of the top of my head airlines which served KUL/SZB from europe were KLM, UTA/AF, BA, lufthy and aeroflot...

SR never flew to KL...airlines from europe that used to fly to KUL/SZB included:

BA

Aeroflot

UTA/Air France

Turkish

Balkan Bulgarian

Sabena

Czechoslovakian Airlines

JAT Yugoslav Airlines

Africa:

Air Seychelles

America:

Pan Am

Northwest

Asia/Pacific:

Air Maldives

all sorts of cambodian airlines

ANA

Qantas

Air New Zealand

Jatayu

Star Air

Royal Jordanian

Kuwait Airways

Kyrgyzstan airlines

Air Kazakhstan

wow...what an impressive list...KUL's sad story...

SR never flew to KL...airlines from europe that used to fly to KUL/SZB included:

America:

Pan Am

Northwest

You sure Pan Am used to fly into KUL/SZB? mellow.gif wink.gif Can any oldtimers verify? Because all the records I've seen seems to say otherwise - the closest ever they came was SIN.

Edited by H Azmal

there's a website with old route maps from the major airlines flying (or not flying!) ... according to Pan Am's route maps from the mid/late seventies - SZB was on it!

only for a year or two....

SIN/BKK/MNL/CGK were definitely on it.... CGK faded away with KUL

there's a website with old route maps from the major airlines flying (or not flying!) ...

Mind pointing me to that website? 'd be interesting to see! smile.gif

Why not for a change, we look at which of the airlines named earlier in the thread are making a comeback to KUL or at least potentially coming back. Maybe one or two new airlines by the end of the year for KUL???

Oh wow thanks Keno! Yeah Muhammad you're right - PA used to served SZB (though according to the 1979 route map only an all-cargo service). So SZB is even greater than I think (and definitely better than KLIA in terms of number of airlines calling)!

On another note, it seems they'd been serving Singapore since the late 50s...aghh! Lagi-lagi Singepure! mad.gif

Edited by H Azmal

I wonder why there were quite a number of airlines from Soviet/Balkan region flew into SZB before??were there many Soviet people in Malaysia during that time?

8163[/snapback]

Probably. Interest in the country of some sort. In fact, in 1983 some Ruskies were tried for espionage in this country. Anybody remember the details of that (because I don't)?

EDIT: Found it. They were evicted from Malaysia, in 1981.

http://hids.arkib.gov.my/doc/2000/julai/13...1981%5F2000.htm

Edited by H Azmal

My friend juz told me tht there is an airline from india tht serves KUL..called ' SPICE OF INDIA' now..i was surprised...coz me being such a huge aviation enthusiast...dont even know this airline exists..so i fought back and said theres no such airline..can anyone tell me of all the airlines tht serve KUL from india...i know of MH,AI,IA,Jet Airways. Thats it....

Sanjay,

Spicejet is a new Indian airline, operating with 737's: nice colour-scheme btw wink.gif

Sanjay,

try this link:

http://www.flugzeugbilder.de/show.php?id=338297

no titles yet, but it show their livery: quite spicy indeed I should say biggrin.gif

thanx again mate...the plane looks kinda plain right now....but the titles r not there yet..so...maybe thts why..anywy..is it true tht it has entertainment systems..ptv...and food served on board??

Sanjay,

Take a look at the link below:

http://www.spicejet.com/general-air-travel-faq.asp

Regarding your food question: they serve water and free light snacks smile.gif

Sign in to follow this