MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia X to launch new route KUL - Seoul, Korea

Ya, but it's ICN and not Gimpo?

Gimpo is S Korea's domestic airport, ICN is their international.. , i hope they operate out of ICN coz i love that airport so much.. :good:

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 2 (Bernama) -- AirAsia X, the Malaysian based long haul, low-fare airline Monday announced its latest international route, Kuala Lumpur to Seoul, South Korea.

In a statement Monday, AirAsia X said it would fly direct to Incheon International Airport from Kuala Lumpur, starting from November 1, with direct daily flights.

AirAsia X will be offering fares from RM99 for the travel period from Nov 1, 2010 to August 11, 2011.

This new destination could not have come at a better time, as it will coincide with major school holidays and year end festivities, said AirAsia X Chief Executive Officer, Azran Osman-Rani.

He said the airline was confident the new route will encourage new travel demands and stimulate tourism growth.

"We estimate that more than 60 per cent of AirAsia X passengers to and from Seoul will be first time visitors, which will contribute significantly to tourism growth," Azran Osman-Rani added.

Gimpo is S Korea's domestic airport, ICN is their international.. , i hope they operate out of ICN coz i love that airport so much.. :good:

Gimpo mainly domestic and also charter flight between japan and korea :)

Another great Asian spotting destination, guys !!!

Go for the introductory fares, if you can...

Just got myself 5 tix @RM255/pax return (tix+taxes only).

KUL-ICN 10Dec

ICN-KUL 16Dec

Let's ski Korea! :D

Really really unbelievable price, return KUL-ICN-KUL per pax only RM255. Bro Naim, for Malaysian don't need apply visa to enter Korea right?

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Really really unbelievable price, return KUL-ICN-KUL per pax only RM255. Bro Naim, for Malaysian don't need apply visa to enter Korea right?

yes, up to 90 days, no visa for malaysian passport. korea is a very nice place to visit, esp. when taking the bullet train down south. in seoul, the locals crowd around street stalls selling freshly grilled squids/cuttlefish - very very tasty! many ppl speak english too, unlike china.

Yes, D7 tends to introduce new routes at RM 99 or RM 129. If you add 15 kg luggage and one meal, the total will be RM 300 return. Before the days of AirAsia, that will not even be enough to buy a KUL-KCH ticket on MH!

The second Korean destination appears in AK's website.

Muan.jpg

But, it is a hardly known destination. Muan anyone? Another system bug?

Yes, D7 tends to introduce new routes at RM 99 or RM 129. If you add 15 kg luggage and one meal, the total will be RM 300 return. Before the days of AirAsia, that will not even be enough to buy a KUL-KCH ticket on MH!

I'm going to Seoul in Mid Jan. Guess my winter clothes would cost more than the air ticket itself...

Muan.jpg

What is that place? I would rather have D7 flying to Jejudo instead... Hmmm...

Here's some info about Muan,from Wikipedia:

Muan-gun (Muan County)-Wikipedia

Muan International Airport (MWX/RKJB) serves the cities of Gwangju and Mokpo.Operations at Gwangju (KWJ) and Mokpo(MPK) Airport had been transferred to MWX.

Muan International Airport website:

Muan International Airport official website

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/9MMAR/MalaysianWings/Muan.jpg

Just to confirm that it was a once off charter. GCEO brought 9M-AFY to MWX for the F1 race in Korea yesterday via AK 001.