MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Firefly at LCCT?

Spotted this curious entry on Firefly's Facebook Wall today

"Firefly at LCCT soon! 15 October 2009.."

SOURCE

So what gives?

Some comments on FB's wall reflect my opinion dead-on: the primary reason I use FY is because of the fact that it uses SZB. Moving to LCCT doesn't seem to bode well for FY's future...

Should FY moves all its ops to LCCT I might as well fly AK. FY's fare is not as cheap as AK's.

Some comments on FB's wall reflect my opinion dead-on: the primary reason I use FY is because of the fact that it uses SZB. Moving to LCCT doesn't seem to bode well for FY's future...

Should FY moves all its ops to LCCT I might as well fly AK. FY's fare is not as cheap as AK's.

Yupp....that's the point that FY has to consider....

FY had been known to throw out surprises at times we least expected, i.e. no more fuel surcharge.

I think this might be another one of those, maybe a new ticketing office? Or free shuttle service from LCCT to SZB? That will channel some long-haul passengers from AK to their regional services? Just look forward to Oct 15 then!

We´ll see what happens ...

I´d expect FY announces a few routes out of LCCT that are not served by AK and would not justify an A320.

Interconnectivity between flights/airlines at LCCT is way better than at SZB.

SZB is perfect for local passengers but very inconvenient if you arrive on AK at LCCT and you like to continue to a destination that only FY serves from SZB !

So, we´ll probably see some FY routes out of LCCT that "complement" Air Asia´s portfolio.

FY will not get into competition with AK !!! They will stay "below" Ak´s interests ...

AK will generate a huge number of potential passengers to connect to/from FY (who would otherwise rather connect with bus/coach/train)

It's hard to see FY operating from two bases, as the costs would be tough to justify. Also, in terms of complementing AK, really - where does FY flies that AK does not that would justify FY flying out of the LCCT?

It's probably just an FY ticketing office at LCCT.

Spotted this curious entry on Firefly's Facebook Wall today

"Firefly at LCCT soon! 15 October 2009.."

SOURCE

So what gives?

It's answered today ...

Firefly Airlines: "Buy 1 free 1" Be the first 10 to purchase a Firefly ticket daily between 15 – 20 Oct at our brand new LCCT Sales Counter, Sepang and you get a second Firefly flight ticket, FREE! (excluding Koh Samui)

http://www.facebook.com/Firefly?ref=nf

All the brouhaha for nuthin'. :)

And Riau Airlines will still maintain the record as the only airline to operate propeller-driven passenger aircraft into KLIA.