MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Keith T

Mistake fare found on airasia.com

happy flying, mate smile.gif

If you're less than 6ft tall, and are size -->biggrin.gif

22100[/snapback]

Deii...come work in emirates laa.... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Bring milo dua tin...and koayteow goreng no kerang 10 paket...

Imran,

For interest sake, what kind of starting salary could one command having finished a bachelors degree in Engineering and Commerce with a hint of specialty in Aviation? That's in the engineering department either with Tech Services or QA? Would EK sponsor me for flight training also? Just out of interest smile.gif Liam, don't worry! laugh.gif

You cann't really go wrong when it's free and you only pay taxes, can you ???

I definitely would go for it, if I were you  wink.gif

We're on the same boat Pieter!

I just got back from a free-ticket holiday in Bali. And going to Sipadan (TWU) and Borobodur (SUB, SOC) in 2006. All free tix. Just pay tax smile.gif

Oh well...at least AK isn't Ryanair. tongue.gif I've still heard stories of horrific delays on AK though.

I had the biggest delay I've encountered with AK for my DPS-KUL flight early this week. The flight was suppose to depart at 1355, but delayed to 1620. Usually, from past experience, the longest I had to wait was probably 30 minutes (LGK, TWU). And this usually happen if the flight is scheduled in the middle of the day, or worse, late at night!

dei lah bro Imran, JHB can walk on tarmac what! smile.gif its quite a walk.. about 30m! and you can choose to board through rear or forward door smile.gif  cannot walk around lah, but good opportunity for photos smile.gif

No surprise there. I've walked on the tarmac and took photos on the way to the airplanes when I was in TWU and LGK airports. And yes, they also have front and back door opened for entry or disembarking.

The only drawback is when it is raining! But I recalled in LKW, the airport (MAB? AK?) had tonnes of umbrellas for embarking passengers.

Imran,

For interest sake, what kind of starting salary could one command having finished a bachelors degree in Engineering and Commerce with a hint of specialty in Aviation? That's in the engineering department either with Tech Services or QA?  Would EK sponsor me for flight training also? Just out of interest smile.gif  Liam, don't worry!  laugh.gif

22231[/snapback]

It depends la brudder...

Many things come into consideration when a company decides to hire a bachelor (correct me im wrong..) with a bachelor...

One of the main things which crop up is whether the company will pay for your accomodation. Over here in Dubai..accomodation is the most expensive thing any expat will have to pay... dry.gif

If you're looking for a job with EK...then you'll probably be in the pay grade where they DO cover your accomodation, and your children's education (3 of em lil kiddles laugh.gif ) till their 19th birthday...So you're looking at about 9-11K per month...

No la..EK only sponsors LOCAL EMIRATIS for flight training...Do your PPL by yourself la...then can take me on scenic flight ah! tongue.gif

I had the biggest delay I've encountered with AK for my DPS-KUL flight early this week. The flight was suppose to depart at 1355, but delayed to 1620.

22359[/snapback]

Mine was even worse.

- On 22 December 2005

BKI - KUL

STD : 0645

ETD : 0945 !!!!

What even worse was they only announced that our flight was delayed for 3 hours at 0605 !!!! mad.gif mad.gif

Really should have taken the 0955 flight. The flight was operated by the brand new A320-200 !!!!

The guy at the check-in counter said :

Sorilah, flight kena delay. Kamu balik rumah dululah. Lapan Stengah begitu baru kamu balik sini.

Then a guy (a passenger) said :

Bah, kalau rumah di Tawau balik rumah jugalah ???? "People laughing"

Edited by Isaac

Then a guy (a passenger) said :

Bah, kalau rumah di Tawau balik rumah jugalah ???? "People laughing"

23250[/snapback]

Relieved to see, I'm not the only one using "bah" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This was BKI-KUL, lah ?........hhhmmmmmm, that figures wink.gif

Sign in to follow this