MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
T Azahan

KLIA Christmas Eve & Boxing Day

Pieter, I noticed 'Karachi' had this code 'FK-031' on the front gear door. Like wise 'Leeuwin' had KB-051. What do these codes mean?

For comparison, MH, SQ or CX would have the last two alphabets of their rego on the front gear door.

Would you be able to share with us the meaning behind those codes

G'day Azahan and Pieter, et al. From my understanding, 2 letters represent the last two letters of that particular a/c's rego, with the numbers being the n'th example of that a/c type to have been operated by KLM, a fleet number as such. So KB-051 is 744ERF PH-CKB and the 51st 747 to have been operated by KLM.

Stunning pictures as always gentlemen!

Edited by Liam Gibb

liam,

your explanation makes a whole lot of sense. thank you sir!! i am sure pieter would explain the same thing.

norman,

i like your CX nose shot. got one like that but damn blur!! mad.gif

pieter,

welcome to the delta family. dont read the manual too much. because your self instinct counts a whole lot as well in the dark side of the force. like obiwan says......"search your feelings luke"...... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

liam,

your explanation makes a whole lot of sense. thank you sir!! i am sure pieter would explain the same thing.

Pleasure mate, take care. Happy New Year

norman,

i like your CX nose shot. got one like that but damn blur!!  mad.gif

21986[/snapback]

Azahan,

That's the only one that relatively in-focus

the rest of the take-off shots are damn blur tongue.gif tongue.gif

Aiyya... the bad of shutter lag and frozen EVF mad.gif

--

G'day Azahan and Pieter, et al. From my understanding, 2 letters represent the last two letters of that particular a/c's rego, with the numbers being the n'th example of that a/c type to have been operated by KLM, a fleet number as such. So KB-051 is 744ERF PH-CKB and the 51st 747 to have been operated by KLM.

Couldn't have this explained any better: Liam, right on the dot (you're really an expert here wink.gif )

Pieter, how's that Tokina 80-400mm lense?

Still experimenting; will show some decent pictures next week wink.gif

Guest Fendy
user posted image

my best shot of the day  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

21883[/snapback]

LOL WAJALUTION.... that is so rice..

Guys - I posted the message below on Dec 27 2005, 09:00 AM under the topic "Spotters as Security Agents (instead of as pests)" which was originally started by Bro Attan. Unfortunately there was no response as I suspected I may have posted it under the wrong topic. Could someone comment whether the hill behind Petronas is now permanently out of bounds?!?

My posting on 27/12/05;

"Whilst on the topic of spotting; me and my son Adam went spotting yesterday. I realised that a barricade (removable fence) was placed on the entrance to the road leading up to the hill behind Petronas sad.gif Even though I could remove the barricade (as it was not that heavy), I decided not to proceed to the hill out of fear! Is this area permanently out of bounds now?

We however proceeded to the hill at the Weather Station and spotted loads of take-offs biggrin.gif We bumped into Jonathan (well, I think it was Jonathan - recognisable from various photos of him here) and said 'hi' just as when I was about to leave and him arriving."

Last time i went there with some friends...they happily strolled up the hill and caught us off guard...

So we explained to them what we were doing..and they WERE quite impressed...

However...they still asked us for ID..and i left my IC at home... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Got one hell of a bollocking from them.... dry.gif

So if one gets caught at the hill behind Petronas, what can MAB's police do? They do not have any so-called 'police powers' do they? They can't even request to view our ICs, can't they? I somehow prefer this hill more than the Weather Station.

Obs hill, weather station and those palm plantation areas belong to MAB. So it is a private property! The best is go to observation at midnight and there will be no MAB! smile.gif

But what can u do at nite, can even take shots!!!

So if one gets caught at the hill behind Petronas, what can MAB's police do? They do not have any so-called 'police powers' do they? They can't even request to view our ICs, can't they? I somehow prefer this hill more than the Weather Station.

22127[/snapback]

They have some limited police powers... Auxillary Policemen they are..

You can tell from their uniform

Reviewing IC is one of those powers, aprehending suspects too.. dry.gif

Edited by Norman

They have some limited police powers... Auxillary Policemen they are..

You can tell from their uniform

Reviewing IC is one of those powers, aprehending suspects too.. dry.gif

22174[/snapback]

Apprehending suspects too?!? What harm can innocent spotters like us do? Suspects of what? Alamak ... now I'm worried ohmy.gif

Apprehending suspects too?!? What harm can innocent spotters like us do? Suspects of what? Alamak ... now I'm worried  ohmy.gif

22184[/snapback]

Trespassing private property ? mellow.gif

Best thing to do, is if you are in the said areas and you are asked, do what they say and give them what they want. We all should have nothing to hide. The last thing we all want is some fool, that refuses and thus ruining it for everyone.

Take care and happy spotting!

Best thing to do, is if you are in the said areas and you are asked, do what they say and give them what they want. We all should have nothing to hide. The last thing we all want is some fool, that refuses and thus ruining it for everyone.

Take care and happy spotting!

22186[/snapback]

Doing what they say and giving them what they want is the worrying part for me Liam! I have this bloody bad habit of arguing with those 'with authority' especially when I find them being unreasonable in exercising their authorty mad.gif

I once argued with the Customs officer (quite a junior guy going by his facial looks) in your good old PER airport when I arrived for my family hols from KUL in 2001. He wanted to confiscate my Maggi instant noodles from my luggage stating that it was not allowed into Oz. I duly reminded the guy that the same stuff went through ok at MEL just a year before. His reply was, "this is Perth mate and not bloody Melbourne!" Lucky me his supervisor observed the whole heated incident between this particular Malaysian tourist (and his family) with his officer; and the supervisor duly told his officer that this particular food is ok! You should look at the guy's face ... he was pissed to the max!!!

Ok! Ok! Ok! I need to control myself ... that's all I need to do in order not to ruin the whole thing for everyone else right tongue.gif

lol yeah had the same problems when i took a box of Mee Daddy to Melbourne .. and the custom officer wont allowed it to go through.. and he said "mate...custom noodles cant be brought in" .. and i shoot him back .. first of all i'm not yer mate .. and yes i've declared this box of my "protein" supplement..after 30 mins unpack the whole thing check it out one by one..it got cleared....

here... two spotters in action:

Taiko Azahan

(Taiko = Big Brother in Cantonese)

user posted image

Fendy, are you taking pictures of planes or meteor? tongue.gif tongue.gif

user posted image

Sign in to follow this