MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Izhar Z

Air New Zealand offers lonelyhearts flight to 'Great Matchmaking Ball'

Air New Zealand offers lonelyhearts flight to 'Great Matchmaking Ball'

Australian Associated Press

Air New Zealand said on Friday it will offer a lonelyhearts trip for US singles to New Zealand in what it is billing as the world's first matchmaking flight.

American singles are being offered the chance to fly from Los Angeles in October to "get amongst it" with New Zealanders at the "Great Matchmaking Ball" in Auckland.

Before take-off passengers will attend a pre-flight gate party at Los Angeles Airport, and themed food, drink, entertainment and games will be offered during the long flight, said Air New Zealand's Steve Bayliss.

The global downturn in travel due to the economic crisis and more recently the swine flu outbreak is leading the airline to come up with unusual marketing ideas.

Earlier this week it launched a domestic television ad showing staff including baggage handlers, pilots and cabin crew at work wearing very little but body paint. Even chief executive Rob Fyfe appeared briefly in the advert.

I wonder how many will turn up. Haha.....

li ren,

i m studying ba (hons) airline and airport management 2 more weeks till the end of my uni life.. then off i go to mauritius for my long awaited holiday..

it was an assessment we have to present our product and also prepare a report to justify how will the product break into the market.. and the product has to be unique.. hence the matchmaking theme tagged with the 'pink pound' market exploration too..

last yr we also have to build an airport, our base was baghdad.. lol.. n we got the highest.. ;)

it may turn out to be a flight of single middle aged women and old horny men. they have more time and money to spare, and they are probably a bit more desperate.

Sign in to follow this