MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Amir

traveling with the swine flu?

hi, have any of u flew to the US, china or any swine flu hit places lately? how was it? security? can u leave ur hotel? please share ur experience or what u know or heard. thank you...

Greetings from JFK :drinks:

I have 10 hours transit here and I am yet to witness swine flu related sign/article/caution etc. around the airport. and none here where mask etc.

I'll be in the US in July, heading to Korea and Hong Kong straight after. I'm more afraid of the hassle with security/quarintine etc than actually catching swine flu. Friends who've been to North Asia in recent days have reported some of the rather OTT security measures taken there; I suspect the paranoia is largely due to their experience with SARS.

yes, i am afraid of the hassle with security too. am going to LA in june. hope there wouldnt be too much trouble.

Enjoy your trip,Adamamir..Remember to share your TR here. :D

sure sure, i already talked to a sister there and she promised to take me to in-out burger for some lunch and plane spotting :clapping:

Seth.K, how is it there? was the security very fussy?

hi, have any of u flew to the US, china or any swine flu hit places lately? how was it? security? can u leave ur hotel? please share ur experience or what u know or heard. thank you...

I just went to Shenzhen via HK last few days. HKIA is still ok. You just need to fill in healh declaration form and scan for temperature. Same like Shenzhen immigration. Basically, I would say nothing give me hassle.

I just went to Shenzhen via HK last few days. HKIA is still ok. You just need to fill in healh declaration form and scan for temperature. Same like Shenzhen immigration. Basically, I would say nothing give me hassle.

thanks for the info, but knowing US security when there is NO swine flu, i think it will be much worst than in china. ( in us, line for immigration is too long, check in queue is too long, security is too long, u have to take of ur shoes etc. summore )

Just came back from Pudong, Shanghai in China, not much fuss over at the immigration except the long (but quite efficient and organised in my opinion) queue at SPIA, only need to fill in health declaration form.

sure sure, i already talked to a sister there and she promised to take me to in-out burger for some lunch and plane spotting :clapping:

A must-try for burgers - The Counter, in Santa Monica.

DSC00590.jpg

Edited by Keith T

A must-try for burgers - The Counter, in Santa Monica.

DSC00590.jpg

looks good! but the egg inside and greens doesnt look so good. im a carnivorous guy, so, vegies is a no-no :yahoo:

looks good! but the egg inside and greens doesnt look so good. im a carnivorous guy, so, vegies is a no-no :yahoo:

You build your own burger at the Counter, so if you want you can have an entirely vegie-free burger should you so choose.

perhaps we'll like to call them Influenza type A, instead of Swine flu which was proven misleading.

Anyway, i was suprise to heard the news in Shen Zhen Hotel on 26th Apr and later found out Hong Kongers are in mist of fear of returns of SARS episode with every one geared up with mask, TV ads starts to remind ppl to take precaution, courtesy during sneezing and hand sanitizer can be found anywhere, even in public toilet. All hotel's lift buttons were covered with plastic sheets and sanitized every hour. Arrived KUL on 2nd May morning and no special screening for flight from HKG. \

however, departed to Brunei from Miri via Sg Tujuh check point on 6th May need me to go through body temperature check as i was returning from HKG for 6th day. Back to Miri the day after also see same procedures applied by M;sia gov at Sg Tujuh check point and given a health alert card, for me to bring to General Hospital in case i develope flu and i'll be given toppest priority, whihc i don;t wish to had one. ha ha

perhaps we'll like to call them Influenza type A, instead of Swine flu which was proven misleading.

Anyway, i was suprise to heard the news in Shen Zhen Hotel on 26th Apr and later found out Hong Kongers are in mist of fear of returns of SARS episode with every one geared up with mask, TV ads starts to remind ppl to take precaution, courtesy during sneezing and hand sanitizer can be found anywhere, even in public toilet. All hotel's lift buttons were covered with plastic sheets and sanitized every hour. Arrived KUL on 2nd May morning and no special screening for flight from HKG. \

however, departed to Brunei from Miri via Sg Tujuh check point on 6th May need me to go through body temperature check as i was returning from HKG for 6th day. Back to Miri the day after also see same procedures applied by M;sia gov at Sg Tujuh check point and given a health alert card, for me to bring to General Hospital in case i develope flu and i'll be given toppest priority, whihc i don;t wish to had one. ha ha

how long does it take to take ur temp? if in a big airport like LAX, it will probably take hours i presume, but maybe they also consider place of origin. so, we'll see.

You build your own burger at the Counter, so if you want you can have an entirely vegie-free burger should you so choose.

ah, like that. that's nice. i would certainly have all meat and gravy burger!

It's just incredible that the flu can spread so fast.

Anyone been travelling on MH91 from EWR and ARN on May 13th? A student coming back here from there on that flight is quarantined at Sungai Buloh hospital for H1N1 treatment. So, the authorities are tracking down passengers on board the same flight with the patient.

It's just incredible that the flu can spread so fast.

it's a more a case of international travel being so common... i work in medical field in perth, we are supposed to be "protected" from tropical diseases but we still see them thanks to international travel.

it's a more a case of international travel being so common... i work in medical field in perth, we are supposed to be "protected" from tropical diseases but we still see them thanks to international travel.

my sis is in chicago and she says everything is like normal there. i believe malaysia is overreacting. she was pretty pissed when the mid-west games was canceled because she was in the committee. a lot of trouble has been put into that event. too bad.

my sis is in chicago and she says everything is like normal there. i believe malaysia is overreacting. she was pretty pissed when the mid-west games was canceled because she was in the committee. a lot of trouble has been put into that event. too bad.

Surprised to hear that because afaik the outbreak is worst in US, even though it started in Mexico.

I this MH is taking the necessary step to prevent this situation from getting worst.....a friend of mine who is Leading steward of MH is given free injection...let's hope this situation will improve soon

I this MH is taking the necessary step to prevent this situation from getting worst.....a friend of mine who is Leading steward of MH is given free injection...let's hope this situation will improve soon

Free injection? Is there a vaccine for H1N1 aka swine flu already? I thought they only have vaccine for pigs.

Free injection? Is there a vaccine for H1N1 aka swine flu already? I thought they only have vaccine for pigs.

Yes and no. Afaik the vaccine is to suppress the flu virus. It was claimed during the initial outbreak that tamiflu works. But as in predator and prey scenario, once you take tamiflu, the next time you will have to take a much stronger dose or stronger medication.

Sign in to follow this