MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Wilson Kook

Trip to Fukuoka

Hey guys. I'll be back in KL somewhere around June.

I'm also planning a trip to Fukuoka to visit my good friend. It seems that JAL is coming into KLIA from Osaka, Tokyo and Singapore. Does anyone know the schedule and frequency of these flights? I plan to fly to one of the destinations mentioned above(on JAL), then put up a few nights there before taking a connecting flight to Fukuoka.

Thx and hope to hear from you soon.

Wilson.

Edited by Wilson Kook

KUL-NRT

JL724

DAILY

A/C : 763

STD : 2250

STA : 0700

NRT-KUL

JL723

DAILY

STD : 1130

STA : 1750

KUL-KIX

JL722

DAILY

STD : 2040

STA : 0625

VIA SIN

KIX-KUL

JL721

DAILY

STD : 1305

STA : 2050

VIA SIN

Transfer to FUK can be made via NRT or HND on JL. Another alternatives would be SQ via SIN or TG via BKK. SQ is flying into FUK 4x weekly using 2-class 772 and the price for AT LEAST 2 persons flying together from KUL is RM1278nett.

TG on the other hand, has daily flight into FUK but their air fare is more expensive than SQ.

Edited by Isaac

I think CX also have quite comprehensive connections to destinations in Japan, but they all transit in HKG.

I think CX also have quite comprehensive connections to destinations in Japan, but they all transit in HKG.

Oh yeah, CX. How could i forget them ? Haha. CX offers some really attractive fare to north Asia, Europe and America year-round from KUL. But i bet no one can beat SQ return air fare between KUL/FUK in EY :p

I think Dragonair also flies to Fukuoka from Hong Kong. You can try Korean Air or Asiana Airlines too. I remember I flew MAS from Fukuoka back to KUL in 1998 when Subang T1 was still operational.

it will be easy enough to get from Osaka to Fukuoka anyway. All you have to do is go to Shin Osaka Station and take the Shinkansen (Bullet) train from there and head straight to Hakata (Fukuoka). Before that, you will need to purchase the JR pass from your home country. If you travel a lot within Japan or crossing many other prefectures by train, the JR pass is a real cost saver.

Edited by S V Choong

I think Dragonair also flies to Fukuoka from Hong Kong. You can try Korean Air or Asiana Airlines too. I remember I flew MAS from Fukuoka back to KUL in 1998 when Subang T1 was still operational.

If i'm not mistaken, MAS flight to FUK was axed in late 2006/early 2007.

By the way, KA will be suspending all flight between HKG/FUK beginning 1 June 2009, along with Dalian, Shenyang, Guilin and Xian.

If i'm not mistaken, MAS flight to FUK was axed in late 2006/early 2007.

By the way, KA will be suspending all flight between HKG/FUK beginning 1 June 2009, along with Dalian, Shenyang, Guilin and Xian.

MH82/83 to FUK was axed sometime after the Asian financial crisis in between 1999 to 2003, IIRC. They re-instated flights to FUK after 2003, but was suspended again.

In case if KA is suspending these flights, people should be about to go to neighbouring Shenzhen Baoan airport to catch the flights to Dalian, Shenyang, Guilin and Xian. Much cheaper to depart from Shenzhen too!

You can also fly into Fukouka with both EVA and China Airlines via Taipei.

Wilson,you can take D7 from KUL to TPE, then take EVA or China Airlines from TPE as mentioned by Chai,plus D7 has promotion on KUL-TPE or vice versa if you book now. :drinks:

Details of the KUL-TPE promotion

Edited by Li Ren

Plenty of exciting combination there. Take your pick.

This might not be what you want but this is for your info only:

KE672 DAILY ETD2345 ETA0725+1 KUL-ICN 333

KE789 DAILY ETD1415 ETA1535 ICN-FUK 333

OR

KE781 EXCEPT SUNDAY ETD1830 ETA1535 ICN-FUK 333

KE781 SUNDAY ETD1830 ETA1535 ICN-FUK 773

----------------------------------------------------------------------

KE788 SUN ETD1030 ETA1155 FUK-ICN 332

KE788 2, 3, 5, 6 ETD1030 ETA1155 FUK-ICN 333

KE788 1, 4 ETD1030 ETA1155 FUK-ICN 772

KE671 DAILY ETD1655 ETA2220 ICN-KUL 333

FARE MYR2880 + 456 FUEL SURCHARGE + 16 INSURANCE SURCHARGE + 51 MY TAX + 36 JAPAN DEP TAX = MYR3439 (KIND OF EXPENSIVE) ;-P

THANK YOU!

Edited by Yoong

THIS IS OZ SCHEDULE FROM INCHEON TO FUKUOKA AND BACK TO INCHEON. OZ DID NOT OPERATE ON KUL-ICN-KUL SECTOR. TKS!

22JUN-28JUN MTWTFSS ICN FUK FUKUOKA.JP

1234567 0930ICN 1050 OZ 132 EQV CYMVB 0

1234567 1600ICN 1710 OZ 134 321 CYMVB 0

2JUN-28JUN MTWTFSS FUK ICN SEOUL.KR

1.3.... 1150 1310ICN OZ 131 333 CYMVB 0

.2.4567 1150 1310ICN OZ 131 EQV CYMVB 0

1234567 1810 1940ICN OZ 133 321 CYMVB 0

Edited by Yoong

Just saw that you are in NSW. Thought that you should know Jetstar also operate destinations between AUS and Japan.

Woah. Thx alot for the help guys, really appreciate it. I'm considering all the options available.

PS: Waiping, I intend to visit my family in KUL for a few weeks first. But thx anyway :drinks:

China Airlines.... avoid if possible.... (due to their poor safety record).

Just saw that you are in NSW. Thought that you should know Jetstar also operate destinations between AUS and Japan.

Cheap fares aren't always available on Jetstar between Australia and Japan. When they put their fares on sale, it might mean you will need to depart from Cairns.

JAL also flies out from Sydney.

Edited by S V Choong

Sign in to follow this