MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew K

Psychomotor test. What to expect?

I've applied 3 months ago, got called for psychomotor test two weeks ago (6th july), passed it and right now waiting for the date of MISPA (psychometric) test.

Free Body Diagram (FBD) is a diagram showing force vector components only about/with respect to a point of reference.

Sorry my friend, I still cant get it.. :sorry:

Min Chun - Well, lets draw a dot and pretend its the plane. Draw an arrow donwards with respect to the dot and that would be Fg, gravitational force. Draw an arrow upwards and that would be Fl, or force of lift. An arrow to the right would represent Fa, or applied force. An arrow pointing to the dot, from the left side would be the force of air resistance or friction. Gettit?

IPB Image

Better now? Haha. Something like that thing on top. Really badly drawn, oh well...

Shane: Interview was approximately 45minutes. Everyone had the same time allowance I think.

Edited by Andrew K

Min Chun - Well, lets draw a dot and pretend its the plane. Draw an arrow donwards with respect to the dot and that would be Fg, gravitational force. Draw an arrow upwards and that would be Fl, or force of lift. An arrow to the right would represent Fa, or applied force. An arrow pointing to the dot, from the left side would be the force of air resistance or friction. Gettit?

IPB Image

Better now? Haha. Something like that thing on top. Really badly drawn, oh well...

Shane: Interview was approximately 45minutes. Everyone had the same time allowance I think.

hehehe great diagram there Andrew :)

Min Chun, Andrew's diagram is exactly what an FBD is, you should learn this thoroughly if you want to embark on a career as a pilot or engineer! Goo luck!

Daljit hello

im waiting for my MISPA too.. well, i've waited for it since the 29th of june after my psychomotor test..

dunno how long this will take -_-v

is Thrust <---- O ----> Drag correct ?

IPB Image

hehehe great diagram there Andrew :)

Min Chun, Andrew's diagram is exactly what an FBD is, you should learn this thoroughly if you want to embark on a career as a pilot or engineer! Goo luck!

THanks for clarification Andrew.Appreciate that. It's something in Physyics? :pardon:

Sandeep, ya..will learn it thoroughly one day, after exam lar..hehe :yahoo:

Daljit hello

im waiting for my MISPA too.. well, i've waited for it since the 29th of june after my psychomotor test..

dunno how long this will take -_-v

is Thrust

Think it shud be

Drag

?

The drag pushes on the plane, powered forward by thrust. Imagine yourselves moving forward. Then have someone push your chest when you walk.

The thrust pushes the plane forward against the air. The air pushes back against the plane - Air resistance.

----->o----->

hehehe

my ( thrust <--- o ---> drag ) is assuming the plane is moving to the left

aghhhhhhhhhhh.. MAS faster reply meeeeeeeeee haha

Guys, better use aerodynamic terms like these:

LIFT

^

I

DRAG

I

V

WEIGHT

Edited by Attan

hello mr attan , thx for the tutorial :D

are u a real pilot ? coz ur pic looks cool ^^

wat's the situation in mas ? no more recruitment ?

<3

Guys, better use aerodynamic terms like these:

LIFT

^

I

DRAG

I

V

WEIGHT

Aiyo I thought once I leave college I leave this all there ..

Now MalaysianWings also got this ah ..

Aisey man , very hard to run from my Applied Mechanics and Aerodynamics :(

hello mr attan , thx for the tutorial :D

are u a real pilot ? coz ur pic looks cool ^^

wat's the situation in mas ? no more recruitment ?

captain attan :drinks:

I've been called for a HR breifing on Friday. Have this looming feeling its one of the first of the last days of my hair,

o man , is tat means u passed thro everything ?

if so, lots of congrat to u man <3

Hey guy, i've sat for my psychomotor test on the 29th of June and i passed it, now i'm waiting for my MISPA call up as well. If anyone gets any news bout the MISPA call up plz post it...we'll keep each other noticed. By the way, congrats Andrew, another MW.com member on the way to rule the skies.. ;)

Hey guy, i've sat for my psychomotor test on the 29th of June and i passed it, now i'm waiting for my MISPA call up as well. If anyone gets any news bout the MISPA call up plz post it...we'll keep each other noticed. By the way, congrats Andrew, another MW.com member on the way to rule the skies.. ;)

hey dude, looks like u are having the same situation as me :o

i also did my psychomotor test on the same day u did ..

anyway, pls do update us if there's any news from the airline

sigh... I'm still waiting for the first test.

when did u send the application ?

dun worry .. MAS will call u soon XD

hehe..

year 2005 till now <_<

walau so long mer ? then u try to resend ur resume

maybe the postman lost it XD

try again and never give up mate ;)

Edited by shane

hmmm... like tat i also duno liao =/

btw how old r u ?

isit MAS only consider ur spm result eventhough u hav higher qualification?

Well, looks like I'm 1/16 for batch 10/06 at Langkawi. I guess I have a pretty diverse group. We're leaving on 7/8/06. Had my head shaved (number 2-whatever that meant) and those who didnt were shooed out by Capt Tony (Pretty strict guy) and asked to return with shaved heads within 30 minutes. Nothing much went on today. We were asked to buy our own clothes and accessorise them with stuff from their uniform store this friday. Our measured unifors wont appear till a month later.

Sign in to follow this