MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AK Sale Now On

Here we go again!

===

February 10, 2009 12:02 PM

AirAsia Offering 500,000 Free Tickets

BANGKOK, Feb 10 (Bernama) -- AirAsia is offering 500,000 free seats to dozens of its destinations in Southeast Asia, China and Australia.

The latest promotion gives away free seats to holiday destinations Bali, Bangkok, the Gold Coast, Haikou, Hangzhou, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kota Kinabalu, Langkawi, Kuala Lumpur, Kuching, Melbourne, Perth, Phuket, Shenzhen, Siem Reap, Singapore, Yogyakarta and many more other destinations.

Guests can grab the free tickets by logging onto www.airasia.com or via mobile phone at mobile.airasia.com. The free seats are available for bookings made from Feb 10-15 for travel from Oct 12 this year till Jan 31 next year.

Kathleen Tan, Commercial Regional Head, AirAsia said that during a time when most people are cutting down on traveling and holidays, the Kuala Lumpur-based airline was coming up with an irresistible alternative that reinforces its commitment to promote tourism in the region.

"Our 500,000 regional free seats campaign is an important impetus to boost tourist numbers and spread the economic benefits brought on by tourism. We continue our role as the chief campaigner for tourism in this part of the world," she said in a statement today.

"This should speed up development of tourism and transportation infrastructure here," Tan said.

AirAsia, which operates over 108 routes to cities in all 10 Asean countries, China, India and Australia, has played a leading role in the growth of tourism in the region, having carried over 55 million passengers over six years.

According to the airline, its no fuel surcharge policy makes the free seats even more attractive to guests who only need to pay for airport tax and administration fee. Guests may also buy complete holiday packages at goholiday.airasia.com, where they may choose their holiday lodgings from over 50,000 hotels. -- BERNAMA

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=388712

For example, KL - Melbourne is costing RM111 while the Melbourne - KL costs RM243

SO THE TOTAL FARE (incl tax) is only RM354!

(of course luggage + meal extra) but that's not cheap, I don't know what to say.

It is even cheaper if booked from MEL-KUL return as the total fare is AUD120 which is around RM 293.

The website is very slow now, and the seats are already very limited.

Nov 06 D72715 PER-KUL 333 $0

Nov 09 D72714 KUL-PER 333 $0

Mr Liam Gibb, are you just going back for 3 days only? :blink:

Edited by Azri M.

For example, KL - Melbourne is costing RM111 while the Melbourne - KL costs RM243

SO THE TOTAL FARE (incl tax) is only RM354!

(of course luggage + meal extra) but that's not cheap, I don't know what to say.

It is even cheaper if booked from MEL-KUL return as the total fare is AUD120 which is around RM 293.

The website is very slow now, and the seats are already very limited.

Did you grab any of them to head home Azri ?

Edited by Sing Yew

Mr Liam Gibb, are you just going back for 3 days only?
Ya, better than nothing I guess. I arrive midday on 6th, depart 2350 on the 9th so in essence is 4 days.

Did you grab any of them to head home Azri ?

It's just way way later and I don't know when my exam is. Moreover, there is not much of sales fare left in December. Perhaps have to wait for the next sale.

My money has gone to MH during the many promo's they have held lately. KUL/CGK/KUL for RM347, KUL/LGK/KUL RM78, KUL/BKI/KUL RM290 and KUL/MNL/KUL for only RM349. Added to those flights CGK/DPS/CGK with Lionair B737-900 and MNL/MPH (Cataclan) with SEA Air with a Dornier 328 :yahoo: and MPH/MNL with PAL Express Dash8-Q300 :yahoo: . Looking forward to flying on the aircraft that I haven never flown on. Thank you to AK for making MH hold sales! If it wasn't for AK, hell would freeze over before MH gave such low fares. :drinks:

Was half-hearted to go HKG via either Macau or Shenzhen so ended up not booking anything this time around. Only a handful of destination from BKI. :(

Still harbor hope of flying far this year.

Sign in to follow this