MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Guest MarcosMD11

2x MH delivery visitor in AMS

O/T

Winglets will save about 1.5% - 2% fuel burn. Assuming the aircraft does about 8 one hour sectors per day, and does so for 11.3 months a year, the operator will get about 28 one hour sectors free of charge in so far as fuel is concerned.

There are however other intangible savings the efficiency of winglets will yield.

according to DXB website

Flight Number MH5403

Airline Malaysia Airlines

Time 05/02/2009 08:00:00

Status

From Dubai

Flight Nature Ferry Flight

Terminal 2

departing 8:00 dubai time. MH5403 should be it right?

Should be here late evening around 7. Arghh

Sorry kawan...aircraft was airborne as of 0935 off 12R, saw it zooming up into the 'wild blue yonder' while on my morning run. After him...Silver Bullet followed suit :p

Sorry kawan...aircraft was airborne as of 0935 off 12R, saw it zooming up into the 'wild blue yonder' while on my morning run. After him...Silver Bullet followed suit :p

Ergh!! I already brought my camera to the office and expect to shoot off to KUL

after office... now she'll arrive after sunset... :sorry:

Ergh!! I already brought my camera to the office and expect to shoot off to KUL

after office... now she'll arrive after sunset... :sorry:

Sorry bro :(

If I had my D70s and the 80-400...would've gotten a smack-on side shot of MLA...probably with the engineer still eating his briyani :o

Guest MarcosMD11
Sleeeeeeeeek! :yahoo: Shaved eyebrows, eh?

That true. 737 next generation have now all shaved eyebrowns.. The past 737-700/800 have changed it too. I rememeber KLM 737-800 had if before too.

Looks much better without eyebrows. :clapping:

The tail of the -800 is taller than the -400, thus making the kite looked smaller....

The tail is not to be blamed...the logo is indeed smaller...on the 734 - it is larger. Put the two side by side and you'll see..it's obvious.

Now why can't MH get this relatively small thing correct? Reminds me of the tiny MH stickers that was put on the A380 when it visited KUL, as well as the smallish titles on the present A330.

The tail is not to be blamed...the logo is indeed smaller...on the 734 - it is larger. Put the two side by side and you'll see..it's obvious.

Now why can't MH get this relatively small thing correct? Reminds me of the tiny MH stickers that was put on the A380 when it visited KUL, as well as the smallish titles on the present A330.

Lack of consistency perhaps? MH 332 & MH 333 are also similar IMHO, the "Malaysia" titles does not looked proportionately right either. They've should have been consistent like the ones of MH 772 , MH D10 and MH AB3 - where "malaysia" title was placed between exit 2 and 3.

yeah, saw the MLA parked next to what i believe is a 777 at the A380-ready hangar.

About the kite on the tailfin - think its kind of cute, because as i said earlier it evokes the image of MAS's old fokker 50s.

Where is MAS engineering's paint shop? is it at subang or at KLIA?