MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Denny Yen

Turkish Airlines B777-35RER

The first of three Turkish Airlines Boeing 777-35RER has arrived in Istanbul, with the aircraft being leased from and operated initially by Jet Airways.

turkish777.jpg

Pix and caption by G.Werner

THY is leasing six 777-300ER from Jet Airways for a period of six and half years. Three will be joining the fleet in 2009 straight from the factory, the other three are being wet leased for a period of six months to allow THY crews time to train and get certified, afterwhich they will be converted to dry lease basis.

THY is keeping the current 3 class interior as is, including the suites in first class.

This along with the recent addition of two ex-Air Jamaica A340-300's and expected addition of two more A330-200's will bring THY's long haul fleet total to nine 340-300's, seven A330-200's and six 777-300ER. THY is expected to announce an order for either A350's or 787's early next year.

last days of december, there were welcomed ceremony for T777s at Ataturk airport. New 777 will be start on route Singapore,Bangkok,London theese days. After that JFK flights will be start. Aircrafts are wet lease from Jetairways so crews are Indian and American mixed (especially cockpit crew ), after trained Turkish Airlines pilots in 6 months, India flag will change to Turkey flag also wet lease turns to dry lease for long term.

first captures of Turkish Airlines 777;

little bird 777 taken by Mr. Harun Ornek; http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12987

welcomed ceremony of 777"meet with Akdeniz"(*),taken by Mr.Erim Funda;

http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13002

(*)Akdeniz is the name of aircraft, it means "Mediterannien", second 777 has been named with "karadeniz" which is mean "Blacksea". The most probably following names on next 777; "Ege" (means Aegean) and "Marmara" (marmara sea).We don't know what will be other two names yet :)

They both have been seen on LHR inbetween X-mas and Oldyearsday.

You mean New Year's Eve ? :huh: :p

Pieter, aircraft has been in LHR at 25th of December for delivery process. After maintain at KUL, aircraft went to India first then has been flew to LHR.Probably it caused by leasing or insurance issues. I think first official flight on behalf THY will be today evening ot tomorrow.

Pieter, aircraft has been in LHR at 25th of December for delivery process. After maintain at KUL, aircraft went to India first then has been flew to LHR.Probably it caused by leasing or insurance issues. I think first official flight on behalf THY will be today evening ot tomorrow.

It was seen at SIN already, or was she operating for Jet at the time ? :huh:

Confusing... :o

thats true, "operating by JetAirways for Turkish Airlines" but it is just only for 6 months, after that totally covering by THY. Thatswhy she has Indian flag still. Theese 777s operating were not planned before. Last year there was a rumour about buying (or leasing) Alitalia's 777-200s.As you know Alitalia's situation are not clear as well yet but as far as I know Alitalia get a decide for continue JFK operations with their 777s. After that THY did not talk 777 issues since 1 month before. Actually I knew 777s coming before announcement with my friend who are working in THY. He was also worked Delhi station for a while. He said that "6X777s coming from JEtairways soon, stay tune".

Jet Airways is operating their cabin and cocpit crews rightnow but THY crews started to trainee.

Interior

75197_1231479149.jpg

I'm guessing this is actually the interior of present 9W 77W's?

If yes, does this mean that AVOD is also the same as 9W's?

This aircraft and airline are the talk of the town in A.Net. Sample how to fly on one in this trip report. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/t...ad.main/140456/

Very nice in my opinion in all classes. If only MH try their luck on one of these... And I really hope Jet Airways is recovering soon. They have terminated quite a number of high profile destinations/routes in their network (SFO, BLR-BRU-BLR) and leasing out all (?) their 10 B77Ws, quite a pity for an airline of this strature, which have all this wonderful aircrafts, inflight products and cabin crews.

This aircraft and airline are the talk of the town in A.Net. Sample how to fly on one in this trip report. http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/t...ad.main/140456/

Very nice in my opinion in all classes. If only MH try their luck on one of these... And I really hope Jet Airways is recovering soon. They have terminated quite a number of high profile destinations/routes in their network (SFO, BLR-BRU-BLR) and leasing out all (?) their 10 B77Ws, quite a pity for an airline of this strature, which have all this wonderful aircrafts, inflight products and cabin crews.

No wounder..Now i understand why THY get lease this T7s from Jet Airways..all because of losses from P&L acc..

yea,,hope they can recovery soon..I must say that Jet Airways livery on T7 really nice..

Sign in to follow this