MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
rayner

MH All inclusive low fares

Any input for the seat selection? Since 11A and 11K (bulkhead seats) are booked.. I'm thinking of 12A and 12K. Any feedback on MH 772 seat plans?

The window between row 12 and 14 is blocked, so as rows 20 and 29. (Please correct me if i am wrong)

Window seats at the rear cabin (row 30 onwards) will have a better view as it is not obstructed by the wings...

Edited by H C Chai

Row 12 is not bad. I usually take 12A or 12C when row 11 is unavailable.

I've selected 12A for KUL-MEL and 12K for MEL-KUL :yahoo:

I'm hoping to get this view:

0279917.jpg

Edited by Syed A Ridhwan

For some reason, 29AC and 29 JK is not showing on the online seatmap. This is the first row of the last Y cabin (there's no row 28), but without the 5 centre seats. But I'm also not sure if 29A and 29K are windowless seats as it is just after door 3.

The window between row 12 and 14 is blocked, so as rows 20 and 29. (Please correct me if i am wrong)

Window seats at the rear cabin (row 30 onwards) will have a better view as it is not obstructed by the wings...

"Window" seats in rows 14 and 20 are to be avoided as they are windowless or have partial window views (of either row in front or behind).

Don't la wei.... :blink:

EK very expensive lah.. AUD715.10

NZ slightly cheaper than QF.. AUD422.15

DJ is cheeeeaaap.. AUD383.73

Here's the seating arrangement for MH 772 economy class. Can anyone suggest a good seat for both flight? Window seating of course.. 30A for KUL-MEL? 12K or 30K for MEL-KUL? *dilemma* Preferably a full window view for the seat.

seat.jpg

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Malaysia_...ing_777-200.php

http://seatexpert.com/_MH_772_refitted.html

these might help.

but i'm late i think... :rolleyes:

I honestly failed to see how this "all inclusive" fare works. Clearly all inclusive fare is not inclusive. How can MYR289 per trip equates to MYR 1,535?

What has been change?

For some reason, 29AC and 29 JK is not showing on the online seatmap. This is the first row of the last Y cabin (there's no row 28), but without the 5 centre seats. But I'm also not sure if 29A and 29K are windowless seats as it is just after door 3.

"Window" seats in rows 14 and 20 are to be avoided as they are windowless or have partial window views (of either row in front or behind).

Here's the seat plan for 772 from MH website:

th_777seat.jpg

Anyway, it has not been a smooth journey today with MH and M2U. The payment was made and verified by M2U, money has been deducted from my account, but the status under my itinerary details is reported as "failed". I called both of them and MH verified that I wasn't the only customer who called with this issue. There's been some problem with M2U since the upgrade and thus, it affects the payment process from M2U to MH. Both MH and M2U advised me to call again tomorrow evening or Thursday morning to check on my booking status. :(

Why laaaaa... :unknw:

Edited by Syed A Ridhwan

What crap...

KUL-DXB-KUL on some rickety rackety A330 will set me back MYR4'100... <_>

I honestly failed to see how this "all inclusive" fare works. Clearly all inclusive fare is not inclusive. How can MYR289 per trip equates to MYR 1,535?

What has been change?

I think what they meant by "all inclusive" is those fares advertised in newpapers, billboards, online banners, and website. No longer that have the little asterisk that refers to the non-inclusion of tax and fuel surcharge. Instead, it tells you that the advertised fare includes tax and fuel surcharge as of XX/XX/XXXX (refer image below):

mhfare.jpg

Only when you go into the booking details, you will see the actual fare itself, before adding with tax and fuel surcharge:

KUL-MEL.jpg

RM734-RM731=RM3 of savings :p

Unlike AK who advertised their attractively cheap fares but only to find out that those fares are excluding tax and fuel surcharge (refer image below):

akmel.jpg

akdetail.jpg

:pardon:

Edited by Syed A Ridhwan

I think what they meant by "all inclusive" is those fares advertised in newpapers, billboards, online banners, and website. No longer that have the little asterisk that refers to the non-inclusion of tax and fuel surcharge. Instead, it tells you that the advertised fare includes tax and fuel surcharge as of XX/XX/XXXX (refer image below):

Exactly my point. For MH's fare MYR289 per way should equal to MYR572 in total, if they are all inclusive of tax and surcharges, instead of MYR 1500+

I still failed to see how it has changed.

Overhere it is called "misleading advertisement" if MH is to publish their fare in this manner.

Edited by S V Choong

In post #33 above, you see that MH does indeed offer the all inclusive fare of RM731 o/w to MEL, as per the advertisement. But some gremlin ran away with the RM3.

But the same post showed that AK's promo fare is still cheaper - BUT before adding service add-ons.

Exactly my point. For MH's fare MYR289 per way should equal to MYR572 in total, if they are all inclusive of tax and surcharges, instead of MYR 1500+ I still failed to see how it has changed. Overhere it is called "misleading advertisement" if MH is to publish their fare in this manner.

MH advertised the all inclusive fare to MEL for MYR 734 (MYR 731 in actual), not MYR 289. MYR 289 is the base fare which make up the MYR 731 fare before adding on the tax and surcharges, which one can only discover while making his/her booking.

This is a great effort from MH. Well done! I just hope the department in charge of the IT matters can be a little bit careful as not to have this MYR 3 fare difference occasion incurred again. Advertising an all fare to MEL for MYR 734, while the actual all inclusive fare is MYR 731, then that is misleading in my opinion. :)

Don't la wei.... :blink:

EK very expensive lah.. AUD715.10

NZ slightly cheaper than QF.. AUD422.15

DJ is cheeeeaaap.. AUD383.73

Here's the seating arrangement for MH 772 economy class. Can anyone suggest a good seat for both flight? Window seating of course.. 30A for KUL-MEL? 12K or 30K for MEL-KUL? *dilemma* Preferably a full window view for the seat.

seat.jpg

Syed, may I know where do you get that seating map from as Malaysia airline doesn't seems to do seat selection online on their international flight?

Syed, may I know where do you get that seating map from as Malaysia airline doesn't seems to do seat selection online on their international flight?

The seating map is available only when you're finalizing your booking, where you're given an option to select your seats or to just leave auto-assign during your check-in ;)

Yes, Mushriff and Azizul, exactly what I'm trying to point out.

Well done, MH!! :good:

Edited by Syed A Ridhwan

Well done MAS :good: :clapping: :clapping: ..At least MH come with it own effort to promote "MH ALL Inclusive Low Fares" without any decision by government and now we can see the differences price between 5-Star Carrier and LCC.. a reason why should I still fly with MH..

MH advertised the all inclusive fare to MEL for MYR 734 (MYR 731 in actual), not MYR 289. MYR 289 is the base fare which make up the MYR 731 fare before adding on the tax and surcharges, which one can only discover while making his/her booking.

This is a great effort from MH. Well done! I just hope the department in charge of the IT matters can be a little bit careful as not to have this MYR 3 fare difference occasion incurred again. Advertising an all fare to MEL for MYR 734, while the actual all inclusive fare is MYR 731, then that is misleading in my opinion. :)

The variance in total price is as a result of the YQ calculation which consist of airport taxes, security insurance and fuel surcharge). The airport taxes ex station (assuming the return journey) is quoted in currency of the country where you are going (in this case AUD), hence the fluctuation of the price if you check them on daily basis. The price advertised should have disclaimer that the price as quoted on what date!

Edited by EddieDaniel

We were using KUL to MEL as an example; hence the airport taxes were MYR, the airport of origin was KUL and the quoted fare was in MYR - hence there should not be any variance arising from currency fluctuation in the ROE between MYR and AUD, unless the destination airport - MEL - charges the pax some fee for handling the pax's arrival (which is not the norm). Maybe, MH's fuel surcharge to MEL from KUL is quoted in USD and this is the cause of that MYR3 variance.

Edited by Mushrif A

We were using KUL to MEL as an example; hence the airport taxes were MYR, the airport of origin was KUL and the quoted fare was in MYR - hence there should not be any variance arising from currency fluctuation in the ROE between MYR and AUD, unless the destination airport - MEL - charges the pax some fee for handling the pax's arrival (which is not the norm). Maybe, MH's fuel surcharge to MEL from KUL is quoted in USD and this is the cause of that MYR3 variance.

According to ita, MH fuel surcharge on KUL-MEL is US$195. One also needs to pay an Australian International Passenger Service Charge, for MEL it is A$13.05.

However MH seems to be using a different set of fuel surcharge on MH Low Fare / Supersaver (fare shown in red). For KUL-MEL at RM734 o/w a.i., fuel surcharge looks more like in the region of US$100 :huh:

In fairness to MAS, there is a small print saying "includes taxes and surcharges as of 15 October 2008"

Edited by H C Chai