MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Delwin A

Closed Airstrip

Ibrahim,

What is the status of Batu Pahat air strip in Perlis? Is it still operational. Went there last time tried to find it but cannot find, nearly got lost (In small state Perlis also can get lost you know!)

16917[/snapback]

I Don't know what the condition of that airstrip... last time i go it still a paint ball game arena.... the airstrip no active cause the air scout in Perlis no more i think... when i still in boy scout Perlis (under 12) the air scout still active and we usually go for playing with HAM Radio... i learn Alfo Bravo Charlie Delta... bla. bla. there laaaa

P.S : Maybe i will show some new pic of it but not promise laaaaa biggrin.gif

Edited by Ibrahim

the Bintulu old airport is located behind 1 row of shophouses and surround by kampung/old house. Anyone know what is the future planning will done with this old airport?

What A River.. Realy Big.. You Know Here River only Max. 50m wide.

the Bintulu old airport is located behind 1 row of shophouses and surround by kampung/old house. Anyone know what is the future planning will done with this old airport?

17556[/snapback]

my fren said they're going to turn the place into, as usual, a commercial area.

nothing has been done yet.

I once read in a newspaper a couple of years ago that the old BTU terminal is burnt but forgot completely burnt or not

partially burnt.

the area is BTU's no.1 'Skodeng Center' (Make-out center) laugh.gif

partially burnt.

the area is BTU's no.1 'Skodeng Center' (Make-out center) laugh.gif

17633[/snapback]

Post some Pic of SKodeng Hobby biggrin.gif

What A River.. Realy Big.. You Know Here River only Max. 50m wide.

17584[/snapback]

Ibrahim,

Wait till you see the Rajang river in Sarawak. Even cargo ship can sail in it!

Rivers in Sarawak is really 'alive', also full of crocodile I understand laugh.gif

And please don't compare it with Sungai Perlis biggrin.gif

Delwin,

I understand that the Sarawak Government is going to renovate certain part of Batang Lupar River especially in Sri Aman to build special platform to view the 'denak'. Hope it will not affect the 'denak power' though. I, just like you haven't had the opportunity to view the denak yet. Locals in Sri Aman told me that in the old days, the denak is much bigger, taller and ferocious, just like a mini tsunami!

Fitri,

I've seen the benak on several occasions. The only problem is that the timing is very inconsistant. It can be in the evening, night or even noon time. Apart from Batang Lupar, the benak can also be seen at Batang Sadong and Batang Saribas. However, I heard that it once happened long time ago (in the 1930s IIRC) at my mother's longhouse in Sungai Rimbas (a branch of Batang Saribas) blink.gif

I went to Sibu just to see the legendary Sungai Rajang, and it was big indeed. Got a shock when I saw cargo ships plying the river, but missed the opportunity for a boat ride to Kapit to see a friend from uni days, due to time constraints. All the more reason to visit again. By the way, Batang Lupar is where all the famous crocodile legend came from right? Any other rivers that are famous for the likes of Bujang Senang?

What to you think about Cameron Highland Airstrip.. It Look Cool For Me. laugh.gif

user posted image

*image from www.wingsoverasia.com

What to you think about Cameron Highland Airstrip.. It Look Cool For Me.  laugh.gif

user posted image

*image from www.wingsoverasia.com

18085[/snapback]

This was an airstrip?? blink.gif Unbelievable!!

wow...now i just know Cameron Highland also have air strip! well...look like a football field with under consturction road..

didt any plane landing here before? it must be great if got any Twin Otter making flight to there!

Sign in to follow this