MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

Jandakot Perth YPJT - 2010

I might as well kick of this thread since it is dormant for a long long time.. I'll start off buy showing some catch i manage today. Ever wondered how the Red Bull planes look like after a long flight from ABU DHABI? well.. thanks to our local friends here at Jandakot, I got this sneak preview with MIR, not much.. after all it's just a sneak peek :p

They really look like RC planes to me.. haha, Nigel Lambs plane(Breitling)

1024edDSC_4950.jpg

Kirby Chambliss plane

1024edDSC_4951.jpg

Aussie's own Matt Hall

1024edDSC_4956.jpg

I forgot who this belongs to hehe..but it is the largest of the lot

1024edDSC_4953.jpg

Mir might have some to add along.. cheers

Hahaha... you are the one Kamyar was talking about. :)

I count on you guys to bring me some stunning photos from Red Bull Air Race 2010. :drinks: :drinks:

I forgot who this belongs to hehe..but it is the largest of the lot

Thats the two-seater Extra EA 300 L, of the Red Bull Racing Team. Its actually the same model as the one based in Jandakot(VH-TWA), but this one is slightly higher. I heard that it will also be used for joy rides apart from VH-TWA :pardon:

Earlier yesterday,nine race planes were flown in by Singapore Airlines Cargo(9V-SPL) from Abu Dhabi via Singapore. Six or seven more race planes are expected to arrive today on Atlas Air from Abu Dhabi via Colombo.

rbar-ramp_ypph_310110A.jpg

Later they were loaded on trailers to be transported to Jandakot Airport, about 30 minutes from Perth Int'l.

rbar_ypph_310310.jpg

sergey_ypph_310310.jpg

The race planes will be assembled at Jandakot and will depart to Langley Park,Perth City on April 14. The 2nd leg of the Red Bull Air Race 2010 will be on 17 (Qualifying) & 18 April (Race day)

rbar_ypjt_310110.jpg

Edited by MIR

Wow.. should have arrived earlier to get those :good:

Interesting to see how these aerobatic planes are transported by Freighters and trucks ! :blink:

Today, the bull planes went off for some test run flights, thanks to MIR's info hehehe

Yoshihide Muroya's plane

1024edDSC_5174YoshihideMuroya.jpg

1024edDSC_5298YoshihideMuroya.jpg

Paul Bonhommes Plane

1024edDSC_5155PaulBonhomme.jpg

Australia's Matt Hall

1024edDSC_5192MattHall.jpg

Russian's Sergey Rakhmanin

1024edDSC_5218SergeyRakhmanin.jpg

Austria's HAnnes Arch

1024edDSC_5248HannesArch.jpg

Canadian's Pete Mcleod

1024edDSC_5257PeteMcleod.jpg

French Fries Nicolas Ivanov

Earlier had an EgR, without cowling

1024edDSC_5202NicolasIvanov.jpg

1024edDSC_5308NicolasIvanov.jpg

German's Mathias Dolderer

1024edDSC_5284_mathias_dolderer.jpg

And the most interesting plane with huge 737 style winglet

Great Britains Nigel LAmb

1024edDSC_5236NigelLamb.jpg

1024edDSC_5239NigelLamb.jpg

Caught these as bonuses

Trojan

1024edDSC_5172.jpg

Another plane doing EgR's, notice engine has covers removed

1024edDSC_5258.jpg

Surprised to see an Indonesian registered aircraft here

1024edDSC_5315.jpg

Hope Thursday will be a sunny day for the first practice run

Wow..Iggy, fantastic shots there :good: So, which colour scheme is your favourite?

Got some errors in the previous registration list, so this is the latest one..

Registration AircraftModel Pilot

1. N18RU Zivko Edge 540 Sergey Rakhmanin

2. N806PB Mxr Technologies MXS-R Peter Besenyei

3. N841MP Edge 540 Pete Mcleod Zivko

4. N55ZE Zivko Edge 540 Paul Bonhomme

5. N540HA Zivko Edge 540 Hannes Arch

6. N540MD Zivko Edge 540 Matthias Dolderer

7. N4767 Zivko Edge 540 Nicolas Ivanoff

8. N540MH Mxr Technologies MXS-R Matt Hall

9. N12NM Zivko Edge 540 Martin Sonka

10. N540WA Zivko Edge 540 Kirby Chambliss

11. N540XM Mxr Technologies MXS-R Alejandro Maclean

12. N19MX Mxr Technologies MXS-R Adilson Kindlemann - Using Matt Hall's old aircraft

13. N540XS Mxr Technologies MXS-R Nigel Lamb

14. N19ZE Zivko Edge 540 Yoshihide Muroya

15. (no info on reg.) Edge 540 Michael Goulian Zivko

16. D-EUNA 2 seater Extra EA 300 LP Red Bull Air Race Racing Team

17. HB-ZJF MBB BO105 Skymedia AG - Red Bull Air Race CamCopter

15. (no info on reg.) Edge 540 Michael Goulian Zivko

16. D-EUNA 2 seater Extra EA 300 LP Red Bull Air Race Racing Team

17. HB-ZJF MBB BO105 Skymedia AG - Red Bull Air Race CamCopter

The Indo Piper Cheyenne is operated by Air Bali. Configured for Aeromedical operations. Currently undergoing maintenance with Premair.

VH-PFM, the camouflaged T-28D Trojan is always parked there. It was purchased by Anthony Mitchell in July 2008. The plane flew for the CIA in Vietnam & Lao Air Force. There are 15 Trojans flying in Australia, and VH-PFM is the only one flying in WA. Named 'Airborne Angel'.

Edited by MIR

Thanks for the pictures and info, MIR !!!

Love the Trojan...would love to see one flying and hear her radials, since it has so much history in S-E Asia (where Mai is from)...

Any idea why so many planes are N-registered, eventhough pilots and 'international' ? :huh:

Former USAF light attack aircraft, Cessna A-37 Dragonfly or 'Super Tweet' departing Jandakot to perform low-level aerobatics display over the Red Bull Air Race circuit at Perth. The shape of this aircraft looks quite similar to RMAF's Canadair Tebuan.

AZD_YPJT_180410aAQ.jpg

Mission accomplished..returned back to Jandakot 15 minutes later. Its one of the three A-37 Dragonfly still flying in Australia. Based at Bankstown Airport, Sydney. You can experience the thrill of being a combat pilot in this aircraft at Bankstown starting from AUD$2000.

AZD_YPJT_180410.jpg

RAAF aerobatic display team, Roulettes was stationed temporarily at Jandakot during the Perth Red Bull Air Race. Few interesting ex-military planes in the background - ex-RSAF Aermacchi S-211,ex-PLAAF Nanchang CJ-6A, ex-French Navy Fouga Magister & ex-USAF Dragonfly (tail only).

A23059PC9_YPJT_0410aA.jpg

Former RAAF aircraft, NZAI CT/4 Airtrainer. Served with the RAAF for basic flying training before being replaced by the current Pilatus PC9/A.

DPV_YPJT_180410AA.jpg

Mini storage depot à la Davis-Monthan :pardon: Republic of Singapore Air Force Aermacchi S-211 jets for sale starting from $200K each.

211YPJT.jpg

Thanks for viewing :drinks:

Edited by MIR

Mir,the A-37 Dragonfly is actually painted in Former South Vietnam Air Force roundel,not the USAF roundel.

Mir,the A-37 Dragonfly is actually painted in Former South Vietnam Air Force roundel,not the USAF roundel.

Thank you Tamizi, for the roundel info. The aircraft was delivered to USAF in early 1969 then to South Vietnamese Air Force. Later taken on charge by the Republic of Vietnam Air Force. Imported to Australia in 1989.

U tried the air combat stairs landing area already.. great spot haha.. no wonder i didnt bump into u today at langley.. nice shot of the dragon fly, any info when she's leaving jandakot? leaving monday?

U tried the air combat stairs landing area already.. great spot haha.. no wonder i didnt bump into u today at langley.. nice shot of the dragon fly, any info when she's leaving jandakot? leaving monday?

Yerp..i took some shots from the stairway. No info when its leaving, its parked near the T-28D Trojan. There's a Rutan Vari-eze in 'grazing' mode parked near China Southern's Citation, but my lense is insufficient to get a good photo of it from obs hill.

VHAZD_AA.jpg

I've remove some photo's and pasted it on the red bull thread instead, posted at the wrong place.. hahahha :drinks:

Edited by Ignatius

Thanks Kian :drinks: , there's also a Sopwith Pup & a restored Hawker Fury wearing Iraqi Air Force c/s in Jandakot at the moment.

ex-OzJet Airlines, B737-229 (N732HV)arrived Jandakot from Perth Int'l this morning. It had been in storage for almost a year at Perth airport. Purchased by Polytechnic West, it will be used for their aviation programs. Previous registration is VH-OBN, i've also spotted it at KUL on July 10, 2008.

N732HV_YPJT_240410MW.jpg

OBN_WMKK.jpg

I believe all three OzJet have nice rego. Good to see that one of them is coming out of retirement. :good:

This one I believe is permanently going on retirement! hehehe ... it only took 6 mins to fly from PER to JAD. Like Mir said, will be used by Polytechnic West for their aviation program, not flying anymore.

Would wanna drop by to see that plane myself later on :clapping: , nice catch there MIR :clapping:

Got it today.. rather hard to get her at this angle though :sorry:

1024edDSC_7113.jpg