MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Cire

PIA ejects VIPs for delaying aircraft.

Passengers on a Pakistan International Airline (PIA) flight from Karachi barred two politicians from boarding the aircraft after the two VIPs delayed the flight by over two hoursA video clip was posted online showing Senator Rehman Malik and Dr Ramesh Kumar Wakwani, a Member of National Assembly, being ejected from the Islamabad-bound flight by angry passengers.

The disgruntled passengers can be heard grumbling, "So-called VIPs" and "My foot VIPs" as they wait for the two delayed politicians aboard the aircraft. They can be heard talking to PIA crew who seem to be attempting to calm the travellers down.

"No, no, no, sir," one of the passengers responds. "We've taken it for too long. For 68 years. Are we going to take it for another 68 years?"

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/pakistani-passenger-power-forces-politicians-off-plane-9735012.html

Do we dare to do so in Malaysia? Most likely one or two will hoohaa about it, and the rest will just look away... sad. Our civil servants have turned the table to become master and we tax payers become slave.. Paying taxes so that this MPs and Sr.servants able to fly business class so called to support MAS !! Anyway, no politics here... I am cautioned..

Well, in the PIA's issue, it appears that it is common that PIA will delay to wait for such VIPs and inconvenience the rest of the passengers is pretty common.

But more so it is about politics, really..

Do we dare to do so in Malaysia? Most likely one or two will hoohaa about it, and the rest will just look away... sad. Our civil servants have turned the table to become master and we tax payers become slave.. Paying taxes so that this MPs and Sr.servants able to fly business class so called to support MAS !! Anyway, no politics here... I am cautioned..

Well, in the PIA's issue, it appears that it is common that PIA will delay to wait for such VIPs and inconvenience the rest of the passengers is pretty common.

But more so it is about politics, really..

And first class, and their private jets, we mustn't forget those too.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29218939

(please scroll to bottom of page there)

To me it appears PIA tried to attenuate the hoo-hah by claiming 90 of the +120 minutes of the delay already accounted for by "a technical issue"

Evidently not sufficient to quell the subsequent revolt :)

Edited by BC Tam

Sign in to follow this