MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Juergen Witte

Hornbill Skyways

As the topic says...

Is Hornbill still running scheduled flights?

Their website says so, but i´m starting to question it !

I tried to call them several times as well as i sent e-mail. But no response at all :unknw:

How do they run their business if nobody can contact them ???

What´s up with them ?

I would like to fly Kuching-Tg.Manis-Mukah-Miri as shown on their website. But how can i book/reserve ?????????

Just showing up at the airport without knowing if flights will operate or not (or finding out at the airport it´s sold out) makes not really sense to me ...

I don't think Hornbill is doing any scheduled flight at this moment; their flights are mostly state government charters.

As the topic says...

Is Hornbill still running scheduled flights?

Their website says so, but i´m starting to question it !

I tried to call them several times as well as i sent e-mail. But no response at all :unknw:

How do they run their business if nobody can contact them ???

What´s up with them ?

I would like to fly Kuching-Tg.Manis-Mukah-Miri as shown on their website. But how can i book/reserve ?????????

Just showing up at the airport without knowing if flights will operate or not (or finding out at the airport it´s sold out) makes not really sense to me ...

MASWings does the Kg Tg manis Kg sector and Kg Mukah sector

Hello...

Emm basicly from what i know, Hornbill Skyways are not scheduled airline..I not idea why the Hornbill Skyways mention they operate scheduled airline..I do not now but last year they still operate Kuching - Tg. Manis - Mukah - Miri use Dornier 228 plane since Borneo Airways era..

As Capt. Radzi mention, Hornbill Skyways operate as charter flight for top rank Sarawak State officers also for doctors to serve at interior of Sarawak..

The Cessna 750 Citation X-2 plane also helicopter Bell 430only use for Tuan Yang Terutama (TYT of Sarawak a.k.a. as Sarawak Gabenor) also to farry Pehih Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud as Sarawak Cheif Minister.. Others helicopter such as Bell 206B-3 JetRanger III and Bell 206L LongRanger are ready for anybody to charter but i dont think so brand new 3s Eurocopter EC-135P-2 for public to charter it..But the new Beech Super King Air 200 is for what purpose.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Like Charles mention, you can use MASwings service to reach Tanjung Manis (just last 2 months introduce) from Kuching on Monday, wednesday also Friday with Twin Otter also Mukah and others interior of Sarawak such as Bario or Bakalalan..

You can contact MASwings office and you should get some response..

Have nice trip to Malaysia soon :drinks:

Well, my intention was to fly the Do 228. The routing was not of any importance in this case !

I know well that MASwings serves the route !

I think i´ll let the gap open between Kuching and Miri as i still may decide which airline to choose between KCH and MYY even at short notice if i find out there´s no "public" service from Hornbill.

But i still would like to ask someone from KCH to try getting in touch with Hornbill´s head office to find out what the "status" of these flights is !

Maybe one of our local fellow MWingers may call the head office or even show up there personally (if nearby anyway) ?

Maybe at least the Miri - Mulu flights are running ... Since Hornbill also has a local office at MYY maybe we have a local MWinger to try getting in touch with them, too ?

Thanks for all your help anyway ! ! !

Juergen

Ohh I do not you have any intention to fly with Dornier 228..Pardon me.. :sorry: ..It hard to me to predict the status of Dornier 228 today becauce of aging workhouse..

May be some Sarawakian can help, Kuching resident perhaps..

Ohh I do not you have any intention to fly with Dornier 228..Pardon me.. :sorry: ..It hard to me to predict the status of Dornier 228 today becauce of aging workhouse..

May be some Sarawakian can help, Kuching resident perhaps..

No problem !

I have booked a flight on the Twin Otter MYY-BKI already. But i arrive from Pontianak at KCH and i wanted something "special" in between.

I won´t start crying if Hornbill don´t offer the flights to the public anymore. I just need someone to find out the true status. Otherwise i will make alternative booking either with AK or MH to MYY.

There is still a lot of time to find out about Hornbill because i will arrive in KCH on friday oct 31 ...

No problem !

I have booked a flight on the Twin Otter MYY-BKI already. But i arrive from Pontianak at KCH and i wanted something "special" in between.

I won´t start crying if Hornbill don´t offer the flights to the public anymore. I just need someone to find out the true status. Otherwise i will make alternative booking either with AK or MH to MYY.

There is still a lot of time to find out about Hornbill because i will arrive in KCH on friday oct 31 ...

Will do you the favour when I'm free ok? Give me two weeks or so, coz school holidays gonna starts soon, will be free by then...just PM me in two weeks time and I hope I have a reply by then...may I have your preferred date of departure? I will help enquire about the route and fare...as I far as I know they use to have KCH-TGC-MKM-MYY

Will do you the favour when I'm free ok? Give me two weeks or so, coz school holidays gonna starts soon, will be free by then...just PM me in two weeks time and I hope I have a reply by then...may I have your preferred date of departure? I will help enquire about the route and fare...as I far as I know they use to have KCH-TGC-MKM-MYY

Charles PM me today that he talked to them already and there are no more such flights now.

So, thank you for your help anyway !

Maybe we can meet at KCH ?

I will arrive at KCH on friday oct 31 with Batavia Air from Pontianak. Since there´s no Hornbill flight to catch i will have some time availlable.

I just need to be in Miri on saturday at 2pm because my MASwings flight to BKI will leave around 3.30pm ...

Sign in to follow this